Sailor Moon *NEW ANIME IN THE WORKS*

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Sailor Moon *NEW ANIME IN THE WORKS*

Postby esm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:33 am

^^ Yeah, I was ranking what I like, but to be honest I haven't seen the entire thing. I've seen the least of S. I've seen most of the first season, all of R, most (or all, I forgot) of SS, and most of Stars. I've seen at least the beginning and ending episodes of every season but S, where I've only seen some in the beginning and random ones later.

I like SS because Chibi-usa is the main character, and she's actually very mature in that one. You have to admit Usagi is annoying most of the time, although I think she gets better in the later seasons, as opposed to the very first one.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Bakajo Nono » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm rewatching them now, but S is my favorite xD

Senshi ranking!
1. Saturn/Hotaru
2. Moon/Usagi
3. Uranus/Haruka
4. Venus/Minako & Jupiter/Makoto
5. Chibi-Moon/Chibi-Usa
6. Neptune/Michiru
7. Mars/Rei
8. Mercury/Ami
9. Pluto/Setsuna

I can't rank any of the Stars senshi because I haven't seen it in forever and don't remember basically anything xD

My ranking changes alll the time and everyone's super close really. I remember every single senshi has been my favorite at one point in my life lol. First was probably Moon, then Jupiter (I had a little Jupiter action figure as a kid <3), then Mercury, then Saturn (and then she kind of stuck there forever), but then my second favorite went from Neptune to Pluto to Uranus to Venus back to Moon, etc. etc. I love them aaaallllll.

I'm in the middle of rewatching the series, so they'll probably change again. Pluto really shouldn't be last. She's so mysterious and fascinating in the manga.

I've only seen the movies in English thouhh, so... they probably also deserve a re-watch XD

Things I want from the new anime:
- More mature tone (which I'm assuming we'll get).
- More Sailor Saturn because she's important! D< (which I also think we'll get because she's popular).
- I know they're sticking to the manga this time, but it needs to be said: MANGA VERSION OF REI PLEASE.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Pavlova » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 pm

My hopes is this will be a 52 episode thing with 1 episode per chapter of the manga, roughly, and will be DEAD ACCURATE TO THE MANGA. Like they did with the new Hunter x Hunter anime (relevant because the creators are husband and wife, i totally called there would be a sailor moon anime in 2013 when the new hunter x hunter series started and guess what, I was right)

Oh and my arc ranking based on the manga

-Infinity Arc
-Dead Moon Circus Arc
-Chaos Arc
-Black Moon Arc
-Dark Kingdom Arc

not based on the anime for a ton of reasons.

Senshi ranking! based on the manga again, anime moon would be lower and venus higher. not including chibi moon and the starlights.

-Sailor Mars
-Sailor Saturn
-Sailor Pluto
-Sailor Neptune
-Sailor Moon
-Sailor Uranus
-Sailor Venus
-Sailor Mercury
-Sailor Jupiter

But I sort of like everyone and my ranking changes day to day lol.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Bakajo Nono » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 pm

What do you guys think of the new translations of the manga?

It was a little hard for me to get into at first because I had read Tokyopop's releases so many times I had bits memorized, and now I'm like "IT'S THE SAME... BUT DIFFERENT..." I think I like it better this way though... maybe...

Thank God they changed the names back though @_@

Also I love how Hotaru's name isn't changed ever XD :heart:
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby DARC1993 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:15 pm

i never read the old manga (or any manga for that matter XD)
but this new one isnt hard to follow for me.
which remind me i need to buy 4,5 and 6.
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby Bakajo Nono » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:51 pm

After reading as much as the manga that's been re-released (can't find my old manga! /weep) my ranking has kind of changed @_@

Spoiler: show
1. Saturn: She's just the best. I love her personality, and her senshi's powers. She's the most powerful after Sailor Moon and it's just so awesome. She has such a heartwrenching story, but she's such a positive character herself. Love love love. And I love her look. Short, straight, black hair is wonderful. <3 It also helps that I think she's the most consistently well-handled character in the manga, original anime, and even the disastrous English dub.

2. Moon: I LOVE MY PRINCESS. She's such a great girl. I actually love how she's portrayed in the anime too. She has such a wonderful heart (obviously), and I love that her power is controlled by her heart. Plus she's kicks ass! Perfect main character.

3. Uranus: She's got a great personality. She's funny, flirty, and sure of herself. She has a strong sense of purpose, she's rash and passionate to a fault almost, but I still think it's admirable. But if she was a little less rash I'd probably like her more xD I also think she's the most beautiful senshi in the anime.

4. Pluto: She's so tragic and beautiful and elegant and mysterious. I love her relationship with Chibiusa. She's been dealt a tough hand but she fulfills her duty perfectly and selflessly. She and Saturn are the most selfless senshi for sure. Very admirable.

5. Venus: I honestly don't know why I like Minako so much. She reminds me of Usagi and I like that she's the leader of the guardian senshi. Is that reason enough? No? Oh well XD She's cute and funny and idol-crazy like all of us~

6. Jupiter: Makoto has such an effervescent personality. I like that she's so feminine and sweet and strong. Her personality just works, it doesn't seem contrived or anything. It's like she accepts everything about herself and makes the most of it. I know that's not necessarily the case, but still. Makoto <333

7. Mars: UGH I love her in the manga. She's beautiful and strong and elegant. She's definitely got a flame in her, but she's not like CONSTANTLY bickering with Usagi like she is in the anime. I hate how much they overdid that in the anime. It upsets me xD Because I love her personality in the manga. And I also love that she's asexual. Naoko Takeuchi did a really really good job of showing different types of sexual orientations in the manga, which I wish the anime had stuck to.

8. Chibimoon: I love Chibiusa, but she can be a brat XD but that's okay. Anyway. I love her so much because of her relationships with the other girls, mostly. Obviously her friendship with Hotaru has a special place in my heart <3, but I also love her relationship with Puu and with Usagi. Especially with Usagi. I think I almost cried when she's leaving back to the 30th century in the manga and as she leaves she tells Usagi that she was always her favorite :') She loves her mommy <3333

9. Neptune: Maybe I forgot her personality XD I feel like I don't know enough about her, but what I do love is that she pursued Haruka in the anime. Way to shatter lesbian stereotypes!!!

10. Mercury: WHY ARE MY WATER LADIES AT THE BOTTOM. I think they kind of bore me, but I love them and seriously where would the Sailor Team without Mercury? Plus I totally relate to her love of studying~
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby Pavlova » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Bakajo Nono wrote:What do you guys think of the new translations of the manga?

It was a little hard for me to get into at first because I had read Tokyopop's releases so many times I had bits memorized, and now I'm like "IT'S THE SAME... BUT DIFFERENT..." I think I like it better this way though... maybe...

Thank God they changed the names back though @_@

Also I love how Hotaru's name isn't changed ever XD :heart:

I read the manga in French lol..
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby esm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:10 am

I grew up reading manga in Thai, so it's still weird reading any manga in English. I've been reading the new manga though, and I like it.

Man, they're getting more expensive on Amazon. I know the real prices are like $10.99, so at $8.something it's still "cheap," but I remember the first few volumes were about $5-6, and since I pre-ordered months ahead of time they didn't charge me the higher price when the price of each volume increased at the time of release.

So I just went to pre-order up till volume 10. XD
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Bakajo Nono » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 am

^Me too XD

Also here's something awesome. The mangaka of Loveless, Yun Kouga, drew Sailor Moon:
:heart:
I love how she made her buns x3
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby Moh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 am

Welp, I got up to where Mercury gets trapped in that bubble-thing, and now I'm stuck cause every volume past 3 are all the old TokyoPop ones. :C
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film