7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Celedam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:26 am

Celedam wrote:"Reach for the sky!"

"God, I wish I finished college."

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:56 am

Really good episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this week.

And I like that it wasn't a twist just for the sake of a twist, but that it was a logical consequence of past events in the series…

Spoiler: show
First the brain damage from drowning, to till the soil. Then the "lifetime" spent in the Framework, to plant the seed. Then goodness knows how many days of overwork and no sleep while being terrorized by apparitions of pure fear, to water the ground. That's an excellent way to grow a psychotic break.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:53 pm

^

I liked how the "twist" faked out both the gang and the viewers because we had been carefully primed into thinking that "Framework Fitz" and his reprogrammed robots were apparitions.

I liked the camerawork near the end, when Jemma and Fitz are separated by the glass window. We see Fitz and his reflection, representing his two broken halves. It looks like he's standing next to her, but it's just his reflection. Then, when she leaves, it looks like she's walking towards him, but actually she's walking away.

The "hi grandma" --> instant morning sickness part was a tad too on the nose though. Well, hopefully it was just nausea at finding out she's related to such an annoying person.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:39 am

Another really good episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this week. I'm enjoying the hell out of this season.

A few observations…

- They're bringing new meaning to the concept of "plot armor".

- I like that Coulson lampshaded the continental breakfast, right as I was thinking the same thing. C+ for Cap'n Crunch All Berries!

- The "Confederacy" is obviously the Kree and their subject races, so I assume the unnamed enemy is the Skrull. They've been hinting at the Kree-Skrull War for a while now without actually naming it — after all, that's why the Kree came to Earth and created Inhumans in the first place. Or "engineered warriors", as the writers helpfully reminded us this week.

- Ever since they teased "Coulson in space" at the end of last season, I've been hoping for some version of S.W.O.R.D. But that and the Kree-Skrull War seem rather ambitious for this series, given its budget. I'm thinking instead — along with many other MCU fans, of course — that the Phase Four, post-Thanos movies (e.g., Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy 3) will go in that direction. That or maybe the Secret Invasion / Dark Reign storyline, depending on how Disney feels about Trump at that time.

- So if the Skrull will be done in the movies, does that mean the rest of this season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will only be about the team dealing with the inevitability of the future they saw?

- It's weird to have Struckers in both this series and The Gifted. Some of the same Fox-Disney licensing overlap that gave us two versions of Quicksilver.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Celedam wrote:Also, Legion Season 2…

"Where ya been?"

Meet David… and David…

MAJOR SPOILERS, of course — it's a 90-second recap of the entire first season, to refresh us before season premiere tomorrow (April 3).
Last edited by Celedam on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm

^ I knew what that post was gonna be about as soon as I saw 7th Sta. :smiling: I feel like I want to binge watch the first season again before starting up on the second but I can't bring myself to spend the time. I still haven't gotten around to this week's AoS.

Has anybody around here watched A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix? I didn't think it was possible to hate a character as much as I hate Mr. Trick Poe.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Zunu wrote:I feel like I want to binge watch the first season again before starting up on the second

https://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/legion
https://www.hulu.com/legion

Zunu wrote:but I can't bring myself to spend the time.

Bah. It's only eight episodes. Less than six hours.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Maybe I'll just recap the last episode. I am following way too many shows these days.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Looking at my backlogs in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO NOW makes me cry. I still need to watch The Expanse (both seasons), Ash vs. Evil Dead (both seasons), Westworld, The Punisher, and Altered Carbon just to catch up to my friends, and that's on top of all of the other stuff that I've bookmarked for my own interests, like The Leftovers and Made in Abyss.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Exactly. I haven't seen Westworld at all yet and I know it's right in my wheelhouse. I also have a ton of books I haven't cracked open, unlistened-to podcasts, unpracticed kanji. I am falling further behind at this very moment.
Zunu
Pantaloon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project