OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Celedam » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:14 am

Maimi Yajima, Saki Nakajima – Furusato no Yume (18 Oct 2017)

Mmm, chicken and waffles…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:59 am

So, it seems as though Yajima, Nakajima and Okai all have/had solo concerts scheduled at Cotton Club.
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image

Okai hasn't done hers yet, but the other two have and they were both given original songs. :o
Yajima performed "Asu Shiranai Kaze ni Fukarete" and "Korekara Tobi Notteku Mirai". These will be available on iTunes sometime in mid-November.
And in a surprise no one saw coming, Nakajima was given an original song, too?? "Watashi ni Kaereru Basho" (私に帰れる街). Lyrics by Mori Chiyoko. She says she doesn't know of current plans for release, but I would say chances are good for an iTunes release similar to Yajima.
(info condensed from 910 Percent. :) )

We wait with bated breath for Okai's solo concert, where it seems pretty likely she'll have new song(s), too.

Nothing planned for Airi until next year, but it sounds like hers will be a proper full-blown release, so I'm trying to not get too salty. :music:
boinsie
Guru

Postby koregaboku » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:00 am

I know Airi is popular and held in high esteem, especially around the idol-following crowd regardless of oshi-group/member, but is she popular enough to be spun off as a full fledged solo artist?

Not that I don't want to see it, she's easily more talented than a good number of some non-idol singers, but wondering if she'll get a prolonged career.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:23 am

She'll have just about the same career as Kikkawa Yuu imo.
Airi is popular and her style book Airimania was pretty successful selling 10,530 copies.

But UF aren't particularly good at promoting and marketing their acts outside of HelloPro. With the increase in OG from Hello Pro kids, they're trying to help them start up their post Hello Project career but no one has really found success yet. That's why we have tiny tiny now for example because they're trying to turn things around. She'll have a long solo career, but I don't think it'll be as successful as we'd like it to be.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Back in March, Matsuoka Mayu graduated from the popular radio station J-WAVE FM and the Friday MC lineup called "AVALON" or Team Avalon. Last month, they announced the 3 newest members of the team will be actress Mano Erina, E-girls Washio Reina, and actress Honda Tsubasa. Today, they announced Mano gets her first start on 10/27.
http://music-book.jp/video/news/news/163534
http://www.j-wave.co.jp/original/avalon/
http://www.j-wave.co.jp/original/avalon/about.html

Congrats to Mano Erina on getting another major gig.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Sayumi's SAYUMINGLANDOLL ~Saisei~ performances at Cotton Club and Osaka will be released on Blu-ray, release is 12/20

Includes bonus footage and audio commentary by Sayumi
http://www.neowing.co.jp/product/DAKUFXW-1010
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B076VXCW9S
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Zunu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:31 pm

^ I always see the word "GLAND" in there and it looks so unappealing. :crazy:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 pm

I really wish UFA would pick up their game promotion wise, because in H!P it's merely "okay" while outside its abysmal. They now have acts that can really go far with Sayumi and Airi so they need to pick up their game. I hate thinking about how 15 years ago Maki and Natsumi had such great solo careers but now it seems unattainable because they force the girls out of H!P and don't know what to do with them. Something should change, they're wasting talent.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:25 pm

It's that UF management doesn't want to spend the money needed to make their members/groups more popular. They want the popularity to come to them, rather than having to pay money for things like TV show appearances or CMs or billboards or whatever else.

Honestly, UF are too financially conservative at the moment. That's one huge difference between Tsunku-run H!P and current H!P - Tsunku was willing to take financial risks in order to see if things worked, and even though a lot of the time UF probably lost money, there were a few cases where it paid off.

Hell, MM。itself was initially a risky investment :lol:. Sharan Q just kinda came up with the idea, went with it, and, well, here we are 20 years later. But it very well could've been a one-off thing, the group could've petered out after a couple of years, etc.

Part of the problem at the moment I think as well is that they've got such a small pool of composers/lyricists to work with. When Tsunku did everything (or most of it) it was one thing, but when it's multiple people you have to divide up the work. Although, I do wish they'd just hire Hyadain full time because out of all the composers his sound is the closest to Tsunku's, but he has other commitments, obviously.

Soloists also just don't sell as well anymore. You have to have a big agency/label backing you and willing to push you to get anywhere. A potential semi-solution would be having someone like Airi or Sayumi doing anime tie-up songs to get exposure (and H!P's ventures in that area have always performed very well). Since Sayumi's been in an anime, albeit a web one, there's always that...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 pm

^
I agree that UF manages their talents very conservatively, but they've been taking a lot of financial risks lately. They've been debuting so many new artists, streaming services, digital singles and the shake-up. I think present UF is far more risky than what they were 6-7 years back during platinum era, they were initially risky to remain interesting but lets not forget that they also stagnated for a long time even with Tsunku around until taking on the risk of EDM.

I want to be optimistic and say they seem to be getting better at managing the OG with how they're handling post-C-ute, Takahashi Ai and Mano Erina.
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project