OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby koregaboku » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:26 am

aerosuffly wrote:That's kind of sad because I still want to see her on a stage with other OG and current members. And who knows how the music production from her husband agency will be like, in comparison to UF.

They could still blurr the lines quite a bit. They had the OGs perform at Maki's final Avex concert (hell they even retained the G-Emotion naming convention). If Ayaya starts performing live again, they're almost definitely going to pay Up Front royalties since she wouldn't have a discography otherwise.

And while this may not matter as much, w-inds.'s record label is Pony Canyon which does have a relationship with H!P... (not recently and the management company probably matters more, but still).

Also, side note- Up Front seems to have lax-ed the rules around hanging out with former individuals and publicly posting about it/acknowledging it: see current H!P hanging out with/going to go see Meimi, Gaki and Ai-chan still chilling with Makoto and Konkon (remember the 5th gen reunion at Ai-chan's penultimate MM. concert?) and I'm sure there's some other examples I'm missing.

So, there's hope.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby boinsie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 am

boinsie
Guru

Postby Moh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:43 am

All my years of wishing for C-ute to come to Nashville finally came true!

Sort of.

And I'm not even there anymore. :|
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby downfrontguy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:51 am

koregaboku wrote:
aerosuffly wrote:That's kind of sad because I still want to see her on a stage with other OG and current members. And who knows how the music production from her husband agency will be like, in comparison to UF.

They could still blurr the lines quite a bit. They had the OGs perform at Maki's final Avex concert (hell they even retained the G-Emotion naming convention). If Ayaya starts performing live again, they're almost definitely going to pay Up Front royalties since she wouldn't have a discography otherwise.

And while this may not matter as much, w-inds.'s record label is Pony Canyon which does have a relationship with H!P... (not recently and the management company probably matters more, but still).

Also, side note- Up Front seems to have lax-ed the rules around hanging out with former individuals and publicly posting about it/acknowledging it: see current H!P hanging out with/going to go see Meimi, Gaki and Ai-chan still chilling with Makoto and Konkon (remember the 5th gen reunion at Ai-chan's penultimate MM. concert?) and I'm sure there's some other examples I'm missing.

So, there's hope.

Well not going to predict future, but keep in mind that

a) Goto was an ex-MM and had somewhat close connection to MM OGs, which explains that one time guest appearance at each other's concert (e.g. Dream MM @ aforementioned Goto's concert and her 2 appearances at Dream MM concerts, only performing in one of them).

Matsuura, on the other hand, was not close to or at least there is no apparent evidence that she was particularly close to any of H!P OGs, both professionally and personally enough to warrant guest appearance/collaboration. Probably being a soloist for her entire H!P career contributed to that - except for some random temp units. At best, the closer ones were Fujimoto, melon kinenbi girls (due to joint concert activities), and Inaba Atsuko (of ex-Taiyou to Ciscomoon). Inaba made a guest appearance on Matsuura's 2013 cotton club thingy once, so there's that. I do remember some odd appearances like Yoshizawa & Ishikawa in bunny costumes @ her 2009 concert, but don't ever remember her being a guest @ any of other H!P individual act concerts except during her first years.

b) MM 5th gen & Smileage 2nd gen hanging out is just them hanging out in their private time and posting photos. As long as they are willing, why not? It's not like these appearances are for monetary purpose (i.e work-related) and their Ameblo and instragram posts drive any ¥. And all of these aforementioned girls are active in the industry.

Personally I don't see any reason whatsoever for Matsuura to have collaboration with any of H!P OGs - and definitely not with any of post-elder club girls. She has basically zero connection with these post 2009 girls.

It may feel sad, but it is what it is. Other than some nostalgia factor, I don't see much merit anyway. I kinda want to see how someone like Chisato Okai who covered Matsuura songs probably the most in H!P in her birthday events and such would sound like next to Matsuura. Or even Chisato Moritaka or Nakajima Takui. But meh. Basically pretty much all of ex-H!P girls are more or less retired from active singing for years anyway, so really, what's the point. Ahem, I don't really count Michishige as a singer. :)
Last edited by downfrontguy on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
downfrontguy
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Sanma-san is in New York and met up with Satoda Mai and her husband. They went to watch her husband at the Yankee's baseball game.
https://ameblo.jp/satodamai/entry-12312075053.html
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Iida Kaori gives birth to her third child. It is a healthy baby girl.
https://ameblo.jp/kaori-iida/entry-12312052594.html
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2097465/full/
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Starra » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:20 pm

^^^I think the difference may be, like you said, girls in a different agency who are still public figures vs. girls who are aren't signed to anyone. Maimai, for example, has left the entertainment industry and thus her face is blurred out for privacy/legal reasons, whatever those may be. With Meimi they don't need to do that, same with other H!P OGs who are under another agency.

Girls from non-UF idol groups appear in photos in blog entries from time to time (usually around TIF/@JAM or other multi-group events) without any issues.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:43 pm

321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Starra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Did you miss the entire above discussion? :unsure:
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡