6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Denki » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:03 pm

I'm that one person that hates You Think. I prefer the demo track. :fear:

People say that they lost their charm when Jessica left. IMO they lost it after Mr.Mr.. The girls were tired of their old concepts (nation's girlfriends), and wanted to do other stuff. Just ask Taeyeon which songs she hates?

They're now doing things they prefer (except for Tiffany), but the group itself just isn't the same anymore.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 pm

The last time I really enjoyed a song from SNSD was in 2010 with "Oh!". In general Kpop apparently had a turning point for me between 2010-2012, it seems like all the groups I used to be super into stopped releasing songs I was equally as into within those three years. Trends turned against me hard. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 am

Denki wrote:I'm that one person that hates You Think. I prefer the demo track. :fear:

People say that they lost their charm when Jessica left. IMO they lost it after Mr.Mr.. The girls were tired of their old concepts (nation's girlfriends), and wanted to do other stuff. Just ask Taeyeon which songs she hates?

They're now doing things they prefer (except for Tiffany), but the group itself just isn't the same anymore.

I heard Taeyeon doesn't really like the music SNSD does AT ALL. Course I heard this second hand from Kpop fans so I don't know how true that is. I think Jessica left because of the shift in direction of the group, honestly. They've been floundering trying to find their new footing since "I got a Boy" and they've been hit or miss since then. I actually had to go look that up to see if I was right and they only released 3 albums since 2013? Then I'm hella right cuz Lion Heart and I Got a Boy were mediocre at best.

I mean at this point that group is all but dead. The girls are checked out but no one wants to give up the paycheck.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Moh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Meanwhile, this is the first comeback I've fully enjoyed from Soshi since Hoot. :fear: If we're gonna include JP releases, first one I've enjoyed since FLOWER POWER.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 am

WANNA ONE (Produce 101's second season winners) finally released their song. This wasn't what I expected (I really thought they were gonna lean hard on "Look how cool we are" EDM) but I actually really like it. Blows "Dream Girls" out of the water for a debut.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah its really good kinda like early Seventeen!

@boinsie aw I'm glad you got into Loona and checked them out :)
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby esm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:51 pm

I don't care what the critics and the haters say. Arcade Fire's new album is perfect. :heart:

esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:04 am

otaku_blue wrote:Yeah its really good kinda like early Seventeen!

@boinsie aw I'm glad you got into Loona and checked them out :)

Well dang if this is what Seventeen sounds like I'm going to have to check them out. I'm already a fan of PRISTIN and NU'EST, might as well add another Pledis group.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:03 am

I finally got to watching it. Pretty much expected perfection from this line-up. :love:

Speaking of Produce 101, Yoojung and Doyeon finally debuted today. IMO, it's got to be the worst debut from an I.O.I finalist. :fear:
https://youtu.be/fd1DO2xqasc
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:30 am

Yeah Energetic is too good, I keep listening to it.

Also, what kind of name is Weki Meki!? The song isn't bad in places, but I think that's the problem, it's too much like "I got a Boy" where it just changes the song every minute or so. It's really all over the place. Man, Yoojung and Dayeon really benefited from being in IOI, they just shine here. Other than that though the song is so... erratic. Out of all of them (PRISTIN/GUGUDAN/Chungha/Weki Meki) I think it goes like this for me:

PRISTIN - "Wee woo". Not only did they get the best name, they got the best song. "Black Widow" was also decent.
Chungha - "I know you know" wasn't terrible once I got over the fact it wasn't what I was expecting. More of a grower than a shower.
Weki Meki - "I don't like your girlfriend" What even is this song?
Gugudan - "Wonderland". "A Girl Like Me" I liked well enough but Wonderland was GENERIC AS FUCK and NAYOUNG/SEJEONG/MINA DESERVED BETTER DAMN IT.

I'd put DIA in here but I'm not sure which one to count, either the one that came out when Gugudan's did or the one after IOI disbanded. /shrug.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project