7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Celedam » Thu May 04, 2017 2:14 am

"You're on the same side."

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 04, 2017 2:19 pm

The more Marvel shows they make, as nice as they are (mostly), the more I realize I just want an X-Men show.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 pm

They're supposedly working on one, but "they" is Fox so it won't be set in the MCU. And Marvel proper has maneuvered the Inhumans to replace the X-Men in both the comics and the MCU, so there will never be a reconciliation like there has been with Spider-Man.

If you've never watched it, I recommend the animated series Wolverine and the X-Men. It's actually pretty good, and pretty faithful to the comics as well. A helluva lot more than the McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence movies have been.
Last edited by Celedam on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm sure my view of X-Men is skewed since I don't and have never properly read the comics (one here and there); I had no idea what the Inhumans were until looking them up just now. :lol: I guess if I get desperate I can always go back to one of the cartoon series, even if none of them are quite what I'm looking for.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun May 07, 2017 6:27 pm

I haven't seen Iron Fist but at least judging from that trailer I think instead of a grand unified story I'd have preferred they just had gone with Matt+Jessica and Luke+IronFistGuy as two separate stories.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Iron Fist is certainly the weakest of the Netflix series, but it's not as bad as many people say. The two most common complaints are 1) the protagonist is too whiny and childish and 2) the fight choreography is boring.

Regarding the first… yeah, that's the premise. He had a bizarrely traumatic childhood, and at the first opportunity he tried to escape it and then return home to something familiar, only to discover that everything has changed. He's lost and confused and ill-equipped to deal with it. Duh.

Regarding the second… I think viewers are spoiled by big-budget, Matrix-style wire fu. In contrast, what's portrayed in Iron Fist is fairly realistic. The only thing superheroic about it is the "Iron Fist" power itself.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Fri May 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Tokyo Idols is playing at the San Francisco Documentary Film Festival next month. I’ve bought my ticket for the Sunday screening.

http://prod3.agileticketing.net/websale ... d919a3c410

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 am

So, about Attack on Titan episode #32… I feel like I had a workout after simply watching that.

Rage is a powerful thing. Rage channeled through martial arts… damn.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 am

Celedam wrote:
Nayoko-Kihara wrote:The more Marvel shows they make, as nice as they are (mostly), the more I realize I just want an X-Men show.

They're supposedly working on one, but "they" is Fox so it won't be set in the MCU.

And here we are…

It's a Bryan Singer production; it's set in Fox's X-Men universe (note the name-drops at 1:52), as opposed to Disney's MCU; it features a younger version of the character Blink from X-Men: Days of Future Past; and it also features a couple other classic X-Men characters, albeit with backstories that are completely different from their counterparts in the comics. (That's standard operating procedure for Singer at this point.)

Now for a crossover with Legion

I gotta wonder, though, how many viewers understand that the Fox and Disney universes are separate, and why. At the same time, I'm amused by the implicit "Avengers vs. X-Men" rivalry, which mirrors the comics in many ways.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue May 16, 2017 9:54 am

That girl looked so naggingly familiar. She was "Master Bruce's" Galavant girlfriend on Gotham.

But the hell with all these Marvel mutants; when's my damned Elfen Lied live action coming out??? Casually amoral Maachan would make a perfect diclonius.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project