6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby coconuts » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:02 am

I'm not sure where this kind of news would be posted... Anyway, Sashihara Rino is collaborating with MM '17 on AKB48's new album. The song is "Get you!".

http://natalie.mu/music/news/214656
coconuts
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: あーりー, はーちん

Postby boinsie » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:37 am

Wait what? :0 MM & AKB collaborating on an actual music release??

Remember back in the day when Sayumi got in trouble for even mentioning that she liked AKB's music on a radio show? How the times have changed.
boinsie
Guru

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 am

I think AKB should return the favor and collab on Morning Musume's never-coming-out new album.

*Waits for H!P fans to freak out at the very idea*

I'm glad times are changing, that "NEVER MENTION OTHER IDOL GROUPS EVER" mentality wasn't really helping with the fandom wars.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby keaine » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:58 am

Well, reactions seem to be kind of mixed on 2ch, so I don't know if things have changed that much.

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of negative comments on twitter.
keaine
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:41 am

so that makes 13th gen's song debut on AKB's album.

M10.Get you !<サシニング娘。(指原莉乃&モーニング娘。'17)>:指原莉乃・譜久村 聖・生田衣梨奈・飯窪春菜・石田亜佑美・佐藤優樹・工藤遥・小田さくら・尾形春水・野中美希・牧野真莉愛・羽賀朱音・加賀 楓・横山玲奈

The unit is called Sashining Musume. サシニング娘。The song is sung in two parts. It is a double center with Sashihara and Masaki.

Yasushi Akimoto wrote the song. Mizuki says It will be "the idol" song, so it will be different and won't have that H!P feeling to it. The director told Maachan shout some lines in her recording.

Sashihara praises 2ch for helping her discover MM

The article says it has been recorded already and the song is near completion.

http://mantan-web.jp/2016/12/26/2016122 ... 3000c.html
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2083622/full/
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/12/26/017/
https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1649479
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't feel anything positive about it, but for the most part I don't really care and I probably won't listen to it. (Or rather, I feel somewhat negatively about the situation but indifference instead of curiosity toward the song tiself.) If it shows up in a TV performance somewhere that is easily accessible (for a time) I might watch it. Like a 30% negative / 70% indifference split here.

It won't be worth putting time and effort into finding it upon release since I already know I can count the number of AKB (-style) songs I like on fewer than five fingers, idol songs in general outside of Hello! Project are hit or miss, Akimoto songs are even more hit or miss and I think he's creepy. My only hope is that it doesn't turn into some long-lasting thing / it disappears after Sashihara graduates.

Edit: I hadn't thought of this though. This is a bummer. I'll amend that to 50-50% split.*
Amped wrote:Wota on twitter feel bad for 13th gen because their first song participation is going be on AKB's album from Akimoto instead of Tsunku and H!P.
http://helloprohealing.blog.jp/50306986.html
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Well I'm interested. :lol: I guess I more or less just like the idea of "rivals" doing a collab.

Plus, no one has an obligation to listen to it, soooo... :fear:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I guess I just never got the AKB vs H!P thing. I've been in H!P's camp 100% here and I think it's fine if people are AKB fans too, and think it's kind of nice they are willing to collab when there was a time where they had to basically ignore each other. It's a big step for the companies involved, but I don't think anyone is expecting all the fans to be on board. Fans are rabid and it's hard to change their thinking sometimes (Even Twenty One Pilots "Heathens" is partly about the new fans coming in and how the old fans refuse to accept them). Fans are loyal to a fault, really.

And I don't see this as the official debut for 13th gen. It's just a collab song, people need to take a breather.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:10 pm

^ I don't know if that was even partially for me but if my thoughts came off as trying to make it a one vs the other deal, I apologize.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:20 pm

This is excellent, I imagine the promotion will do so much for Morning Musume among the general public. The idea of a "cross-company" idol group duet is also a really cool idea.

I like very few songs by Akimoto, but I will happily listen to it.

I also don't count it as 13th's debut, for me being upset over whose song they are first recorded singing as seems like a bit much. And they will get nothing but Chorus parts I'm betting, so it'd be like they weren't even there. I don't know how solo parts are divvied up in AKB songs, but I don't think there will be that many girls with solos other than Sasshi and apparently Maachan since since she's the other lead? Fukuchan was mentioned in an article as well... Ayumi and Sakura perhaps?

This is more helpful for MM than detrimental. Even if AKB doesn't do any kind of promotional angle, it can really introduce them to a new audience who would never care otherwise.
Last edited by forgetmenots on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project