C-ute final concert at Saitama Super Arena, 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: C-ute to call it quits on June of 2017 at SSA

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

TBH, I'm glad C-ute made the choice to disband than to do what Berryz did. Berryz's choice gives me a bad taste considering that the majority of the members probably didn't want to disband or give up the idol life in the first place.

C-ute seems like they got their priorities straight and are so ready to start their next chapter in life when June 2017 comes. For Berryz, it took 2 1/2 months for the first of the bunch to decide what to do next, and that was Momochi becoming Country Girls' playing manager. :momochi:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Me and the boy are considering trying to go to Japan to see them off. Right now it's just a pipe dream, since we're planning on moving to California in the beginning of next year, but we are going to see if we can swing it.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Denki wrote:TBH, I'm glad C-ute made the choice to disband than to do what Berryz did. Berryz's choice gives me a bad taste considering that the majority of the members probably didn't want to disband or give up the idol life in the first place.

C-ute seems like they got their priorities straight and are so ready to start their next chapter in life when June 2017 comes. For Berryz, it took 2 1/2 months for the first of the bunch to decide what to do next, and that was Momochi becoming Country Girls' playing manager. :momochi:

It took so long only because a majority of the group didn't want to stop being idols. It was clear that only Risako didn't want it anymore, since she doesn't even publicly interact with the group. But Berryz was known for having one of the longest stable line ups in H!P history, losing a member like Risako, who pretty much was the ace of the group in early times and was one of the most popular members, would hurt the group even more. I'm glad what C-ute is fully thought out and wanted by all five members, because that's just more fair to them. I wish Berryz had that same amount of fairness and communication in their group but hey, what can you do.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Starra » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:10 pm

I don't think it was just Risako. Yurina wanted to do her own thing too (modelling) and Chinami's gone back to studying. I wouldn't be surprised if Maasa was for the hiatus too since she's just doing theatre stuff nowadays.

If anything, the only ones who wanted to stay on were probably Shimizu, Momoko and Miyabi. And I can't see Momoko hanging around for many more years, since she's got her degree now (IIRC) and wants to be a teacher (primary/kindergarten, I can't remember which). Shimizu and Miyabi will probably continue doing what they're doing for a while though, since Miyabi's got her new group and Shimizu seems pretty active as an advisor (even if she doesn't make final decisions, she still seems to be at least watching the KSS/Tsubaki closely).
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I think Chinami wanted to stay as well. She also became an H!P Advisor even though she wasn't given any behind the scene works like Shimizu. It was months after graduating H!P when she decided to study abroad.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 am

H!P members — and idols in general — routinely do solo work while still performing with their respective groups. Groups don't need to break up just so the members can do solo work. Despite that, the only member of Berryz who is not still active during this so-called "hiatus" is Risako. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that she was the primary reason for the breakup. She was tired of show business, and the group simply could not continue without its ace. Other, secondary reasons might include their age, image change, stagnating sales, personal relationships, and so on, but let's be real.

Anyhow, since the breakup was unavoidable, the rest of Berryz made peace with it and found other work that interests them and keeps them busy. But I doubt it was their first choice.

In contrast, ℃-ute have stuck it out for an additional two years, so all of the same secondary reasons as above have had time to compound and their desire to break up feels more genuine because of it. There is no Risako in their case.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby aerosuffly » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:02 am

I wonder if it was really a clean cut, quit or stay, for Berryz members. It was probably not. One may be inclined to one direction, but the reasons were probably many and different for each individual. In the end, they came up with their solution, and we can only respect their decision. No one is wrong.

I do agree that C-ute's solution is better. It gives me a piece of mind because at least we know that the members are ready to move on.

Plus, we know that for sure that Maimi, Airi and Chisato will still be in show business. I really hope Nakky stay as well though, or better if she join Cappy to help KSS.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby teth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am

I just can't help but feel Maimai's scandal was a catalyst in the discussion of their future.

In any case, even though I've never been a big enough fan to listen to their albums or go to their concerts, I joined the FC just so I can get tix to go next year lol
teth
Acolyte

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:35 pm

"catalyst" is a bit of an exaggeration.
there's either two ways you can look at it.

But I personally think C-ute/Management already knew C-ute were going to end soon so they didn't care about her scandal, and its also probably why Maimai probably didn't care too much about getting caught.

I still think that objectively, for them to dissolve while they're still reasonably popular they can have some momentum to realise their dreams of actually having a SSA concert. The girls have been talking about it since early last year, but with how slow HP's been and how C-ute's concert ticket sales were starting to slow down, it was a good move in that regard.

C-ute want to end with a good legacy rather than gradually decline.

I am a bit bitter that we won't be getting our own C-ute next gen unit. Doesn't seem fair. But y'know...what can you do :wasntme:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:02 pm

otaku_blue wrote:I am a bit bitter that we won't be getting our own C-ute next gen unit

No way is H!P just going to retire all those songs forever so you'll undoubtedly get your wish one way or another, even if they're not specifically known as C-ute '18.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project