C-ute final concert at Saitama Super Arena, 6/12

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: C-ute to dissolve in June 2017 at SSA

Postby resop2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:44 am

I think that they have had a really good run. The only thing they could do to put an exclamation point on the run is to have an Oricon weekly number one.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:45 am

Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:27 am

I'm actually crying. Why?!
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Denki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:32 am

OFFICIAL: http://www.helloproject.com/news/5568/

UFL's translation:
Thank you for your continued support for Hello! Project and ℃-ute.
On June 2017, ℃-ute will breakup after the Saitama Super Arena performance.
On February of this year, when all the members were at least 20 years old, there had been a discussion about the future of ℃-ute and each member.
At that time, all the members of ℃-ute aimed to their goal, doing their best as a group.
And last month, they have been told about the decision of a Saitama Super Arena performance in June of next year.
After this, there has been a discussion: "For us, ℃-ute, this Saitama Super Arena is our goal, and until this day, we will rush with all our power and after we want to walk respectively in our own path".
There have been talks about 3 options they had about what will happen of ℃-ute then.
We respected the choice of the members concerning the option "Continuing the activities of the group after the graduation of Hello! Project", but they wanted ℃-ute to stay the ℃-ute of Hello! Project.
Then with ℃-ute aiming with all their power and progressing to reach their goal, by completing this performance at Saitama Super Arena, they thought they would be puffed up with pride so they considered a "breakup" and not at a "suspension of activities". We understood and accepted this desire.
Until now, they pulled themselves Hello! Project as an elder sisters group of the project.
After this dissolution, the 5 members will be by themselves, and will follow their new start but we would like to continue to watch at them.
Concerning the activities from now, ℃-ute main activity will be to be in direct contact with many people during lives, etc.
Since there will be a period of around 3 months by thinking of rehearsals, performances schedule, ℃-ute will not take part of the Hello! Project tour which will start from January 2017.
From now on, the detailed schedule and the individual activities after the breakup will be announced as soon as there will be decided.
So far, there have been many supports and we would like to thank everyone who permit this development.
In the future, there will be the Nippon Budokan of September 5th as well as ℃-ute no Hi ("℃-ute's day"), an autumn tour and a new single released.
With the members and the staff in unison, while we feel gratitude and would like to repay the support of everyone, we will push on until June of next year and would like to ask for your continued support.
August 20th, 2016
UP-FRONT PROMOTION
Representative Director
Takeshi Nishiguchi

Thank you for your continued support of Hello! Project and ℃-ute.
Today, we have an announcement for everyone.
In June next year, we, ℃-ute, will realize the dream of performing at Saitama Super Arena.
And this stage will be our last one because we will break up after.
This year on February, when all the members were at least 20 years old, we talked for the group and each respectively about what we can do... concerning the future.
Since this moment, we concretely thought at the future of the group, with each advancing in her path and understanding each other.
However, because especially, "As ℃-ute, we still did not realize our dream! We cannot stop until we perform at our dreaming stage, Saitama Super Arena!", we have decided to face this dream and to fight for it.
After that, our feelings became as one during our activities, and, one day, we have been said that our performance at Saitama Super Arena was decided.
We were really, really happy.
And at the same time, the dream of this big goal we were pursuing and kept on arrived... it was quite an indescribably feeling.
When Saitama Super Arena's performance had been decided, the 5 of us talked with the staff of the company, and we concluded on the fact that at the end of Saitama Super Arena, we will fulfill our individual goals and dreams after that.
Concerning the future, there were 3 options.
First one, graduating from Hello! Project and as ℃-ute, continuing activities in a different stance.
Second one, suspension of activities.
And the third one is the one we decided, breaking up.
℃-ute started in Hello! Project and grew up.
℃-ute is part of Hello! Project.
If there had not been Hello! Project, we would not have come this far.
We wanted ℃-ute to stay the ℃-ute of Hello! Project.
During 11 years, by facing this dream, and because all the members continued to kept running, when the performance at Saitama Super Arena will be over, we can say with confidence "Now, there is no regret! With all our might, we have fulfilled ℃-ute!" !
The 5 of us talked proactively for a long time and that rather a break of activities, we decided on breaking up.
℃-ute has been formed on June 2005 so next year on June 11th, it will become 12 years.
There had been good times, bad times, and because there had always been all the fans supporting us, from our debut with the members we arrived this far 12 years later.
Our feeling of gratitude will really never end.
There are currently many promising kohai (juniors) in Hello! Project.
Even after breaking up, we will follow for sure Hello! Project and we are convinced it will lead.
What we inherited from our senpai (seniors), the time came we will transmit it and pass it to our kohai.
Every year, Hello! Project Concert tour takes place in summer and winter and the current "Hello! Project 2016 SUMMER 〜Sunshine Parade~/〜Rainbow Carnival 〜" is the last one we will take part in.
Until the Saitama Super Arena performance, ℃-ute members will as much as possible do their activities together and send their gratitude nationwide to all the fans.
Please support ℃-ute until the end.
And please continue to support Hello! Project from now on as well.
August 20th, 2016
℃-ute
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:43 am

I.... we all expected this. But it still hurts.
:(
I never really liked C-ute too much, personally, I didn't enjoy the types of songs they did (a lot of the time), but at the same time, I recognize that the songs are great, and that they are an amazing group, so it is still super sad to me, too. (especially things that were non-music related, like just... backstage stuff, etc.)
Especially seeing Buono! just "rebanded" to make another single, I wonder if it was because Airi is going to graduate in a year, so they decided to do one last thing..
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 am

Im going to need a lot of time to think about this but I'm personally very upset about this

Im happy for the girls but upset
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:14 am

Such a passionate and courageous decision they have made. I was shocked where hearing "disband" as I have been rooting for them continuing as an artist. But their desire to leave C-ute legacy in Hello! Project because C-ute starts in Hello! Project, I give them all my respect for that. I will miss them as a group badly though. :'(
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Moh » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:20 am

Damn. :( I'm sad, but at least they'll still be hangin' around for another year.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 am

C-ute have been trending on twitter for a while now this morning under "ute解散". Currently trending at 1st place with 31.6k tweets.
C-ute's twitter problem still an ongoing joke till the end I guess :lol: :crying:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:12 am

BerryzCelebration wrote:I'm actually crying. Why?!

I did too...

C-ute is the reason why I got into Hello!Project 9 years ago (and Jpop as a whole).Obviously this was going to happen but when it did I didn't know it was going to hurt like this :(
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project