[07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby jinqin321 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 am

@AyuHikaru

Sadly I can't see it happening. After listening to S/mileage's new single(which is really really great), I have to say C-ute got the weakest song among all H!P group this time, and it's not even close(musical wise). Other than MM, H!p never give other groups consistant effort/push in the long run. The focus is always switched from one group to another.

I do hope Tusnku will give C-ute a better song next time though.
jinqin321
Acolyte

Re: [07/16] °C-ute - 25th single - The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:18 am

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean with this single, but sometime in the near future.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:19 am

I beg to differ; Momusu hasn't been getting really hard-hitting songs since Wagamama- lately they are just those side ones you listen to occasionally, I find.
every group has songs you will like and songs you will hate.
I happen to think that The Power was great and had one of their best PV's in a while.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 am

AyuHikaru wrote:C-ute's pretty high on the list generally, though right? It would be like AKB48, That 46 one, the rest of the 48's, BABYMETAL, Morning Musume, Perfume, Momoiro Clover, Then C-ute? The relevance-y list probably cuts off right after Momoiro Clover, but man C-ute is right at the cusp. Correct my list, I'm not even 80% on it, but I think C-ute is pretty high..

Okay, that's the second time BABYMETAL has been on someone's list, the first being Zunu's list a few days ago. I know that's due to the recent buzz, and it's partly my fault for bringing the buzz here, but it should be mentioned that their actual sales aren't that impressive. In fact, I think they're at about the same level as S/mileage. (More concert tickets and album sales, but less singles sales and merchandise. Which arguably confirms that they're artists rather than idols.)

The buzz has come from their novelty, their crossover success outside of the usual idol fandom, and their international popularity after "going viral". It has not come from any great commercial success, as far as I can tell. That could change if their popularity continues to grow, but they could also be a fad that dies after the current release cycle and world tour. In the meantime, all of H!P's groups — even the least successful — continue to print money, year after year after year.

Anyhow, the point is that BABYMETAL shouldn't be anywhere near that high on anyone's list. Not yet.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:36 am

Kanashiki Heaven was amazing. They probably played live and used the backing track instead. I'm glad we got the original instrumental instead tbh.

The power is probably among one of my least favourite C-ute A-sides, and I dont blaim them for the performance being kinda meh since they only came back to Japan after the Anime Expo.

Yeah I agree they have the potential to surpass Perfume. They just need more attention, and more entertaining TV personalities.
Other groups have like Perfume have gimmicks that help them get attention, but since C-ute is just talent its harder to get people to notice since people disagree on perceptions of talent.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 am

Like I said, I wasn't sure on the list, the perception is that BABYMETAL is getting huge though.

C-ute could probably stand to have some TV training, Talented or no, they are a bit boring in that respect. I think UFA should push to get them more TV shows and really work on their personas. It will only help, they're already selling well without it, with it they can only do better.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:45 am

^

they're doing that already with Chisato.

I remember reading an article alleging that "Chisato would be C-ute's big break into mainstream fame"?
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:22 am

Chisato commented that since they don't get on TV much they kind of freeze on air when they do.

That being said, Tsoonk has commented that Chisato's wheels turn very quickly. He commented that she may have a limited vocabulary but that she's quick on her feet, which I totally agree about. When Chisato's featured on a TV program she pulls her weight, which most of the other C-ute members don't.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:32 am

And when Chisato isn't on TV and is at home, she's an alcoholic-in-training. :P

But the TV thing is the problem which C-ute has which Berryz/Momusu don't have... They aren't as fun in TV appearances. They better work on that, C-ute!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby koregaboku » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:57 am

In both Berryz and Momusu it is kind of an issue that they have. Without Momochi or Sayu, both groups would struggle a lot more than they do now.

Berryz (well Miya mostly) uses Momochi as the butt of jokes and Sayu masterfully lobs easy questions towards her juniors so that they can speak. But its not very often that I see Maasa or Chinami ever really speak up. Even Riho clams up a bit, but luckily for her MoMusu gets the most media exposure therefore the most training.

I think S/mileage has it worst though. Chisato at least occasionally gets on TV. But ever since Kanyon ditched Cinderella when have we really seen S/mileage on a variety show?
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project