Kago Ai

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Kago Ai

Postby boinsie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:00 am

JPM seems to be down again sooo...
H!O wrote:Kago Ai Solo debut!!
Talent Kago Ai (20) revealed her solo singing debut on October 8. The information was made public at a downtown PR event for the movie "American Teen" (opens October 11) she was attending. Next spring she will release mini albums of self-written songs. It will be her first CD sold since her work with Tsuji Nozomi (21) in W back in September 2005. Without concern for that blank, Kago talked enthusiastically about her "real comeback".
--
It has been two and a half years since the release of W's 7th single "Dou ni mo Tomaranai" was cancelled due to the smoking scandal. At last Kago's singing voice is being brought back to life.
Her last CD release was "Miss Love Tantei" with W in 2005. According to a spokesperson, by next March she plans to have around four mini albums released. The lyrics will be written by Kago herself, and she is currently in the process of selecting them. The songs will be a rich mixture of ballads and pop music, showing the "New Kago-chan".
Her discussion book for minors was released recently, and she was attending a PR event for a movie aimed at teenagers. From becoming a member of the national idol group Morning Musume at age 12, she went from the peak of their popularity to disappearing from the public eye after being caught smoking at age 18. Looking back, she describes it as being "far from [her] ideal teenage years". But after experiencing those highs and lows, she made it through to her twenties.
Kago said, "I want to be able to work in a variety of genres." When it was revealed she would resume a singing career, she was asked about the possible comeback of her group. She smoothly replied in a somewhat joking manner, "With her [Tsuji]? No, it's about time to go solo."
[Note: Kago said "Soro soro" which has the meaning "it's about time", but also sounds like "solo solo". It was used as a sort of play on words.]
She has been taking voice lessons since summer, and plans to becin recording next month. With so many experiences to feed off of, she will continue to leap into her twenties.
http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?act=helloonline&CODE=article&topic=555

... FOUR MINI-ALBUMS BY MARCH 2008. :shock:

Seems kinda milking-the-fans though, doesn't it? :|
boinsie
Guru

Re: Kago Ai

Postby Zunu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:29 pm

March 2009, of course. But I think as long as they're mini-priced, it might be OK. Koda Kumi's success a couple of years ago probably messed with a lot of people's heads and they're trying to duplicate it one way or another.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Pavlova » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Olivia (Lufkin) did the same thing not so long ago. It's NOT milking the fans, because it's mini-albums without single-songs, so it's all new stuff. And usually, they are priced lower than full albums.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Jinkle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 am

:inlove: :rock: :inlove:

Yeah & watch there be 4 different covers per mini-album!

Please! Take my money, I don't need it!

:cash:

Seriously though, I like the 4 minis idea. It's much more fun to look forward to than just a regular LP. CAN'T WAIT!
It's all about the KAGO-chan BABY!
Jinkle
Initiate

Postby Conan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:33 am

I just made Maki's thread at the OAF, shouldn't Kago's go there as well? Both were H!P, but none is currently. I think it should go to the OAF also because it would encourage more participation there, too. :)
Conan
Senior Initiate

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 am

Interesting...I wonder who her publisher is though...
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Nono » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:09 am

wtf is wiki.theppn lying to me?
http://wiki.theppn.org/Kago_Ai
Kago is the third former H!P member to move to avex, after RuRu and Goto Maki.
In November she releases the DVD Kago Channel. under avex trax label.

:rofl:
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 am

I don't think we've heard anything. Also, Wiki.theppn doesn't prodive a source so yeah...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Eien » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am

I'm very interested in Kago's musical career because I don't imagine her singing solo yet! Maybe like Ai Otsuka part II???
Eien
Initiate

Postby ikujinashi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

Nono wrote:wtf is wiki.theppn lying to me?
http://wiki.theppn.org/Kago_Ai
Kago is the third former H!P member to move to avex, after RuRu and Goto Maki.
In November she releases the DVD Kago Channel. under avex trax label.

Not really lying~ Nothing says that she'll be releasing music under avex, but the DVD at least~
ikujinashi
Senior Initiate

Next

Return to Hello! Project