Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby RinaReeChan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:31 pm

High School Musical 3. The music was best in this one xD
RinaReeChan
Senior Initiate

Postby erilaz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:44 am

Tokyo Gore Police -- An over-the-top Japanese splatterfest that is equal parts humor, ick, and WTF. Definitely not for everybody.

I think my favorite bits of the movie were the fake CMs scattered throughout, including an anti-harakiri public service announcement and an ad for stylish wrist-cutters for trendy young girls.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby MiserableBastard » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Tali-Ihantala 1944(2007)

Finnish war movie about battle of Tali-Ihantala, the biggest battle in Finnish history and biggest artillery battle in WWII. Historically accurate movie about battle, but using similar approach like the Longest Hour and A bridge Too Far doesn't work very well as there is no real main characters. Movie revolves too much around officers doesn't show enough of regular soldiers point of view. Battle scenes are too much cut into pieces, but pyrotechnics are nice. Movies casting doesn't work, Pirkka-Pekka Petelius as general Airo (chief quartermaster Finnish army and right hand man of marshall of Finland Manneheim)is totally miscast, Olli Ikonen as general Vihma (leader of 6th infantry division) is also horrible selection for role... Marcus Groth as general Ruben Lagus (leader of the armored division) probably only good casting in movie. Acting and characters in general are non likable and sub par. There is pointless explanations about roles certain weapons like assault guns (StuG III G) that aren't really necessary and role of artillery is down played a lot and isn't explained at all, even when it was deciding factor of battle. There is some facts shown like participation of Luftwaffe unit Kuhmay and mistakes of using of weapons like Panzerfausts and Panzerschreck as Finnish troops didn't have training to use them is also shown. Lenght of movie is reasonable two hours, but this could have been made into three hours when it could have had some sort of story. **

BTW erilaz did you watch Takeshi Miikes Visitor Q already?

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby erilaz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm

MiserableBastard wrote:BTW erilaz did you watch Takeshi Miikes Visitor Q already?

Not yet, but it's at the top of my Netflix queue, so I'll probably be checking it out sometime this week.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby SakuraMusume » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Run, Fat Boy, Run

Very good, surprisingly sweet movie. Next: Hot Fuzz
Last.FM Recent Tracks:
Image Image
SakuraMusume
Senior Initiate

Postby RpgN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:14 am

The painted veil

A very strong movie about betray, love and culture. Highly recommended. I watched it 5 days ago.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Ayumi85 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 pm

Mamma Mia --> I loved it :inlove:

Mad Money --> good :) .
Ayumi85
Senior Initiate

Postby erilaz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 pm

My Halloween DVD double feature:

Zombie Strippers (2008) and Vampire Hookers (1979)

:rolleyes:
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby erilaz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:10 pm

This evening I saw I Think We're Alone Now at the 7th San Francisco International Documentary Festival. It's a documentary about Jeff and Kelly, two obsessive fans of '80s pop star Tiffany. :y:

Jeff was at the screening for Q&A after the film, and let me tell you: Whoa. Obsessive fan, yes. At one point there was a restraining order keeping him away from his idol. Okay, we can all relate to that, but this guy is just plain bonkers, loaded with conspiracy theories and woo-woo ideas. He claims, for example, that actress Tuesday Weld is the international head of the Druids (one of three secret fascist organizations that are trying to take over the world) and that she tried to have him killed. A friend stepped in and told Tuesday Weld, "If you're going to try to kill Jeff, you'll have to kill me first." So Tuesday Weld had Jeff's friend killed. And Jeff's friend was... Natalie Wood. :rolleyes:

Jeff has come to the realization that Tiffany won't leave her husband to marry him, so now he plans to marry Alyssa Milano instead. :lol:
erilaz
Lazarus

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk