Last movie you watched

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby boinsie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 am

needmoresalt wrote:you could try idiocracy, paul, brazil, dr. horrible's sing-along blog [not exactly sci-fi but similar type XD], bill and ted's excellent adventure, shaun of the dead/hot fuzz for laughs? hahah

and i wasn't a huge fan but maybe scott pilgrim?

hope this helps somewhat :lol:
Italics I have seen. Bill & Ted's on my list to see already... I just looked up Brazil and it looks just like the kind of thing I was looking for! I'll add it to Netflix right away.
Does Hot Fuzz actually get good? I started to watch it once but the beginning was so boring and not. Funny. Is what I recall. Maybe I was just in a mood at the time? I dunno. If it gets funny I can definitely give it another go. Simon Pegg's totally worth watching. :thumbs-up:
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 am

Another great sci-fi comedy that hasn't been mentioned yet is Galaxy Quest.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Chatin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Green Lantern - Ryan Reynolds is great in the role. Would love to see a sequel. There were some really cool moments in this, but it was hampered by their attempt to cram too much into two hours, and the fact that one of the villains was done with such a horrible amount of cheese. I cringed whenever he was on screen. Terrible.

That said, all those crazy people complaining that the movie has "too much CG"? Green Lantern's superpower pretty much is CG. I would love to see how else they would plan to do this without CG. Or the scenes in space. Or all the other Green Lanterns. I thought the CG was well done, but I'm not a hater.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Moh » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 am

I just got back from Super 8. You could tell Abrams was all over it, but I liked it a lot. I really got into it. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby erilaz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:14 pm

^ I saw that this afternoon, as well. Loved it!

One period detail that I really appreciated was a box of Pillsbury Food Sticks. Ah, nostalgia!

Yeah, it's definitely an Abrams film, but I love his stuff in general. Next time I see Super 8, I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for Bad Robot regulars Amanda Foreman and Greg Grunberg, who were listed in the credits but whom I didn't notice at all.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby marippeTakacrotchi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 am

Did anyone see the new Transformers? The first part of the trailer looked to interesting to me but then I was always disappointed to find that it was Transformers. Is it at all worth seeing? I never bothered to see the second one.
marippeTakacrotchi
Senior Initiate

Postby Chatin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

It's about on par with the second. Optimus is a douche. The movies really aren't about transformers... One, so much human drama with no transformers in sight.... Two, "Transformers, robots in disguise"? They're hardly ever "in disguise". Hell, most of them look identical, anyways... Three, someone got confused at what looks like a transformer and what looks like a Gundam...

The Wing Suit sequence was pretty cool, though, especially in 3D. Too bad it had nothing to do with the transformers..
And again, Optimus is a giant douche.

Go see Cars 2, instead. Stunningly beautiful vistas. Keep getting better as the movie progresses, and at the end you won't believe it's actually CG. Was a lot more fun, with all the spy stuff, than the first one, too.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Echidna » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:34 pm

yesterday went to last HP movie, it's sooo good <3
Echidna
Acolyte

Postby boinsie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:45 am

I saw Watchmen the other day. It's was long... and terrible. :o
boinsie
Guru