Last movie you watched

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Chatin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 am

So I've watched a few in the past week.

X-Men: The First Class - This was pretty cheesy. A few tried their hardest, but it wasn't much better than Wolverine. A few cool scenes dragged down by a movie that wasn't really needed.

Super 8 - Wow, this is so 80s Amblin. I can't help but feel like I missed out on the opportunity of being an Amblin kid. I totally had the hair and button nose. :lol: Abrams did a great job of mimicking the Spielberg charm, and everything with the kids was pure magic. Joel Courtney in particular had some spectacular moments. It's too bad this is likely gonna be his one big role. Most of the adult story, though, seemed like Lost-lite. Season 3 or 4 Lost-lite. Sort of silly, and made the movie a bit less than perfection. Don't miss out on this, though, because I don't think there will be a more worthy film in 2011.

Red - I made a point of not seeing it, last year, but watched this with some friends, last night, and it was surprisingly entertaining. The trailer did little to express what the film was actually gonna be. That said, probably wouldn't be up for seeing a sequel. :lol:
Chatin
Minion

Postby marippeTakacrotchi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Chatin wrote:So I've watched a few in the past week.

X-Men: The First Class - This was pretty cheesy. A few tried their hardest, but it wasn't much better than Wolverine. A few cool scenes dragged down by a movie that wasn't really needed.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought it was better than The Last Stand and Wolverine at least. Magneto was amazing. But I didn't like James McEvoy's douchey portrayal of Xavier and I think they could've cast a mannequin that would've done a better job than January Jones. I was really freaked out by her stick figure with cantaloupe boobs look. Every time I watch a new X-men movie, I want to go back and watch the first two again.
marippeTakacrotchi
Senior Initiate

Postby Chatin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:02 pm

marippeTakacrotchi wrote:Every time I watch a new X-men movie, I want to go back and watch the first two again.
The first two certainly eclipse anything that has come since. The tone is so drastically different. I didn't hate The Last Stand as much as most, because Famke as Jean Grey is just sex on legs. As is January Jones, but Emma Frost has so much more going for her than Betty Draper Redux.
Chatin
Minion

Postby boinsie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 am

Jurassic Park. It's waaaay longer feeling than I had remembered it being. :lol:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Moh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 am

I love Jurassic Park. :lol: That poor little boy, though. :butbut:

I watched the last hour of Goonies last night. It reminded me I lost my DVD of it. :|
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Chatin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:13 am

Midnight in Paris - Kind of silly. Like Another Year, I'm not really sure what the critics see in it. The acclaim for movies like this confuses me more than oscar-bait.

No Country For Old Men - Very good. Took me long enough to see it. Javier was absolutely terrifying.
Chatin
Minion

Postby boinsie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am

NCfOM was awful.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Chatin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

Bless your soul. What did your silly self dislike about it? :lol:
Chatin
Minion

Postby boinsie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 am

I don't even remember at this point. I have a pretty terrible memory for specifics about things I don't like. :lol: But I recall leaving the movie theater and having a half-hour long bashing session with the other three people I'd gone with. IF you really wna tot know I can go ask Kai, since he does tend to remember this type of thing, but... I guess, different strokes. :flowers:

I saw The Fifth Elelment the other day for the first time. Pretty decent movie. Makes me want to go rent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. XD Know of any other fantasy-sci-fi-comedies like those two...?
boinsie
Guru

Postby needmoresalt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 am

boinsie wrote:I don't even remember at this point. I have a pretty terrible memory for specifics about things I don't like. :lol: But I recall leaving the movie theater and having a half-hour long bashing session with the other three people I'd gone with. IF you really wna tot know I can go ask Kai, since he does tend to remember this type of thing, but... I guess, different strokes. :flowers:

I saw The Fifth Elelment the other day for the first time. Pretty decent movie. Makes me want to go rent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. XD Know of any other fantasy-sci-fi-comedies like those two...?

you could try idiocracy, paul, brazil, dr. horrible's sing-along blog [not exactly sci-fi but similar type XD], bill and ted's excellent adventure, shaun of the dead/hot fuzz for laughs? hahah

and i wasn't a huge fan but maybe scott pilgrim?

hope this helps somewhat :lol:
needmoresalt
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk