9/25:
Lane Bryant
Google Store
Walmart

9/26:
Amazon
ColourPop

9/27:
Big fat bill from my attorney. Still not as much as I thought it would be!
Forever 21
More things from Walmart!

9/28:
Modcloth (the look on my face realizing I haven't ordered from them in 5 years...)

My Pixel 3a got shipped out in less than 6 hours. :wacko: And the printer was really easy to set up. Glad to finally have one again!

Re: Recent purchases

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 am

Some bookstores in my area have started reopening with strict social distancing rules, so this afternoon I visited a couple for the first time since March and bought the following:

Don't Stop Believin' by Olivia Newton-John — a memoir by my first celebrity crush.
Secrets by Luis Royo — a collection of erotic fantasy art.
Yow Comics #1 (1978, 1st printing), featuring Bill Griffith's Zippy the Pinhead.
Five Studio Ghibli postcards for the price of four.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:49 am

My neighborhood record store was open (with masks and social distancing) for Record Store Day, so I decided to see what they had in stock. If they had any new RSD releases that would have interested me, they were gone before I got there, but I did find a treasure amid their used vinyl: the 1981 soundtrack LP to Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (セーラー服と機関銃) in beautiful condition — for only $5!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Today I went shopping at Moe's Books in Berkeley for the first time since they started letting people enter the store again. I can't go there on workdays, since they close before I get off work and I don't have enough time to browse during my lunch break, and I don't normally head over to that neighborhood unless I'm going to work. I bought a couple of presents for friends, as well as a nice copy of Roy Andrew Miller's The Japanese Language, a linguistic study of the history and structure of Japanese from 1967. It was originally intended to be a present, too, but I changed my mind and decided to keep it for myself. XD

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:04 am

At least you know the recipient will appreciate it!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:32 pm

My latest purchases have all been bills*, prescriptions, or medical copays. :crying: Hopefully the prescriptions won't cost as much since I've met my RX deductible. :shock:

*Specifically credit cards since I'm trying to be a somewhat responsible adult, lol.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 am

Google Pixel Buds A-Series (Clearly White)
I'm not typically a person that enjoys earbuds, but I had some store credit that was gonna expire, so I decided to try them out. That, and my pair of over-the-ear headphones has constantly been turning themselves on/off since I charged them last. :glare:
Ended up being a great purchase! I kinda love them; easy to use, they're not uncomfortable, sound is great, and they charge quickly thanks to the case. Have yet to try them outside of the house or on a call, though.

Google Pixel 6 (Sorta Seafoam)
Clearly I love my Pixel products, lol. This won't be here until close to the end of the month, but I got 0% financing and a trade-in offer. I'm super excited for it, especially after trying out the Android 12 beta on my 4a.
Image Image

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:54 pm

I just today bought a super-cheap Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet as a sort of companion to my main tablet which is a Galaxy Tab S7. I write and draw on my main tablet and it gets irritating to have to flip back and forth between what I'm looking at and the notes or sketches I want to make. The both of them together are small and light enough to fit into a very small backpack.

^ That Google looks intriguing especially with the new photo capabilities, but I'm kind of a Samsung-stan all the way. I prefer my phone to have pen input and I don't like devices without SD card slots.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:42 am

Google Store:
    Google Pixel 7 Pro (Snow / 256GB) [pre-order]

CD Japan:
    Fujii Kaze - HELP EVER HURT NEVER (CD only)
    Fujii Kaze - LOVE ALL SERVE ALL (CD only)
    Mukai Taichi - ANTIDOTE (CD + Blu-ray)

Eve Pink:
    Dreamcatcher - Apocalypse : Follow Us (T ver.) [pre-order]
    Kwon Eun Bi - Lethality (B ver.) [pre-order]
    Seulgi - 28 Reasons (Special ver.) [pre-order]

Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:16 pm

There was another Vintage Paper Fair in San Francisco this weekend, and I picked up 60 postcards (some used, most unused) for a total of only $22. Here's one of the cards from my haul, featuring the longest place name in the United States: Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

Post a reply