9/25:
Lane Bryant
Google Store
Walmart

9/26:
Amazon
ColourPop

9/27:
Big fat bill from my attorney. Still not as much as I thought it would be!
Forever 21
More things from Walmart!

9/28:
Modcloth (the look on my face realizing I haven't ordered from them in 5 years...)

My Pixel 3a got shipped out in less than 6 hours. :wacko: And the printer was really easy to set up. Glad to finally have one again!
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Re: Recent purchases

Postby erilaz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 am

Some bookstores in my area have started reopening with strict social distancing rules, so this afternoon I visited a couple for the first time since March and bought the following:

Don't Stop Believin' by Olivia Newton-John — a memoir by my first celebrity crush.
Secrets by Luis Royo — a collection of erotic fantasy art.
Yow Comics #1 (1978, 1st printing), featuring Bill Griffith's Zippy the Pinhead.
Five Studio Ghibli postcards for the price of four.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby erilaz » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:49 am

My neighborhood record store was open (with masks and social distancing) for Record Store Day, so I decided to see what they had in stock. If they had any new RSD releases that would have interested me, they were gone before I got there, but I did find a treasure amid their used vinyl: the 1981 soundtrack LP to Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (セーラー服と機関銃) in beautiful condition — for only $5!

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby erilaz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Today I went shopping at Moe's Books in Berkeley for the first time since they started letting people enter the store again. I can't go there on workdays, since they close before I get off work and I don't have enough time to browse during my lunch break, and I don't normally head over to that neighborhood unless I'm going to work. I bought a couple of presents for friends, as well as a nice copy of Roy Andrew Miller's The Japanese Language, a linguistic study of the history and structure of Japanese from 1967. It was originally intended to be a present, too, but I changed my mind and decided to keep it for myself. XD
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Zunu » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:04 am

At least you know the recipient will appreciate it!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:32 pm

My latest purchases have all been bills*, prescriptions, or medical copays. :crying: Hopefully the prescriptions won't cost as much since I've met my RX deductible. :shock:

*Specifically credit cards since I'm trying to be a somewhat responsible adult, lol.
Moh
Prophet

Postby Moh » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 am

Google Pixel Buds A-Series (Clearly White)
I'm not typically a person that enjoys earbuds, but I had some store credit that was gonna expire, so I decided to try them out. That, and my pair of over-the-ear headphones has constantly been turning themselves on/off since I charged them last. :glare:
Ended up being a great purchase! I kinda love them; easy to use, they're not uncomfortable, sound is great, and they charge quickly thanks to the case. Have yet to try them outside of the house or on a call, though.

Google Pixel 6 (Sorta Seafoam)
Clearly I love my Pixel products, lol. This won't be here until close to the end of the month, but I got 0% financing and a trade-in offer. I'm super excited for it, especially after trying out the Android 12 beta on my 4a.
Image Image
Moh
Prophet

Postby Zunu » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:54 pm

I just today bought a super-cheap Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet as a sort of companion to my main tablet which is a Galaxy Tab S7. I write and draw on my main tablet and it gets irritating to have to flip back and forth between what I'm looking at and the notes or sketches I want to make. The both of them together are small and light enough to fit into a very small backpack.

^ That Google looks intriguing especially with the new photo capabilities, but I'm kind of a Samsung-stan all the way. I prefer my phone to have pen input and I don't like devices without SD card slots.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:42 am

Google Store:
    Google Pixel 7 Pro (Snow / 256GB) [pre-order]

CD Japan:
    Fujii Kaze - HELP EVER HURT NEVER (CD only)
    Fujii Kaze - LOVE ALL SERVE ALL (CD only)
    Mukai Taichi - ANTIDOTE (CD + Blu-ray)

Eve Pink:
    Dreamcatcher - Apocalypse : Follow Us (T ver.) [pre-order]
    Kwon Eun Bi - Lethality (B ver.) [pre-order]
    Seulgi - 28 Reasons (Special ver.) [pre-order]
Moh
Prophet

Postby erilaz » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:16 pm

There was another Vintage Paper Fair in San Francisco this weekend, and I picked up 60 postcards (some used, most unused) for a total of only $22. Here's one of the cards from my haul, featuring the longest place name in the United States: Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

erilaz
Lazarus

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk