Recent purchases

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Recent purchases

Postby Petit Melon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:15 am

boinsie wrote:I also bought a fountain pen

I just bought five fountain pens myself.

My latest haul:
Journal from B&N (haven't decided which novel is going in it yet, probably Diamond Lotus or book 1 of ISCU)
Lamy Safari Fountain pen in extra fine nib (it's still a little thick. To compare it with my favorite gel pen, the Pilot G2, it is probably around a .5mm Fine than it is the .38 Ultra Fine)
Sailor Clear Candy fountain pen in purple, med-fine nib (check out the cute star at the end of the pen! <3) This is a fine tip, comparable to my Ultra Fine G2s once the nib is worn down a bit from pressure. The pen itself is super light because it's made of plastic. The only complaint is that it's not quite as comfortable to hold as the Lamy, which has a nice even weight to it and grooves to keep your fingers in the proper position for clear writing.
Noodler's Bulletproof Black Ink

Ordered, not arrived:
Sailor Clear Candy Fountain pen in metallic pink, med-fine nib
Pilot Kakuno Fountain Pen, Fine nib
Pilot Prera Fountain Pen, med nib
Pilot Axis Fountain Pen (I'm not sure of the exact title, the lead is off, but it is a Pilot pen), extra fine nib
Petit Melon
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Tomoko

Postby boinsie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:01 am

Th-th-th-that star at the end of the pen! :o Could it possibly... yes, it does! It comes in green! :smiling:
... I have a bit of a thing with green stars. :hehe: So I might just have to pick one of those up, even though I haven't gotten a heck of a lot of use out of the fountain pens I got in January...
I got a Lamy Safari Fine Tip, and then also this off-brand white one from Daiso a couple of days later.

They're nice, but as it turns out, I just don't write very much. ^^;; I had had the thought that maybe I could write people letters (for example, my parents), but it just hasn't happened because I have very little to say. Not in a bad way, mind you, but just... I feel like very little happens in my life. Hmm.

EDIT: HOLD THE PHONE THAT SITE SELLS A HUGE ASSORTMENT OF 0.3mm MECHANICAL PENCILS. Ok, crap, I'll basically need to be making a purchase now. They even have one with a twisty eraser! Hmmmmmmmmm...
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 pm

boinsie wrote:I have a bit of a thing with green stars. :hehe:

You should become an Esperantist!

Last night I was looking through my Amazon wish list because I wanted to use some credit card points that were about to expire, and I saw that someone in the Marketplace had a decent price on Volume VI of Tolkien Studies. It's out of print and usually hard to find at a reasonable price, so I grabbed it.

After I had finished placing the order, I found that the same seller also had Volume V, another one that's out of print, for the same price ($50). I checked my Tolkien Studies shelf to make sure that V and VI were the ones I was missing, and I bought this one, too, using $30 in gift cards that I got for Christmas and points from another credit card.

Then this morning Idiot Boy discovered that he already has Volume V! D'OH! :facepalm: It had been on my wish list for so long that I'd forgotten that I finally bought a copy on eBay a few months ago. The reason it wasn't on the appropriate shelf is that it's still in my stack of books to be read.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Moh » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 pm

In order:
Tickets for Wild Cub and American Authors. Hoping the weather won't be so crappy this go round.
Straight to the Topiary skirt - I told myself I'd try to start dressing nicer, so here's one step. How can I pass up 70% off? :lol:
Dance Instead of Walking heel (grey) - All my nice shoes are flats. I should get used to wearing not-so-high heels, at least.

And now I just need make-up sponges.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby esm » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 am

^Those shoes are pretty! Hmm, the white one does come in my size... *tempted* :fear:

I just bought a hanging closet organizer + drawers for it, so I might wait until I make another $30+ purchase.

I also need a spring jacket. I have one that is bright red, but the fact that my winter jackets are red and pink already make me look like a clown depending which pants I wear (I have colored pants) so I want to be able to look normal for spring. :hehe:

edit: I want some colorful Keds like these
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Moh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:10 am

esm wrote:^Those shoes are pretty! Hmm, the white one does come in my size... *tempted* :fear:

I had to send mine back for a refund. :lol: I would say size-up if you ever decide to get them, but it's probably just cause I have huge troll feet.

I did buy these yesterday. They make me feel taller, but I don't feel like I'm gonna fall over while walking in them. Pretty comfy, too.
Moh
Prophet

Postby esm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 am

I have really skinny feet, which makes me rarely wear anything that exposes my feet too much. :fear: I don't own very many pairs of shoes though, so if I'm going to buy shoes I might buy something I can use more often... and I don't know if heels would work well for me. But gosh, those shoes are super cute.

Here are the shoes I own: a pair of winter boots, a pair of winter/rain boots, two pairs of everyday boots, a pair of TOMS, a pair of sneakers (not even running shoes), a pair of random strappy heels I've only worn once. I bought 4 of those 7 in the past six months. I got rid of so many shoes before I moved. :lol:
esm

Postby erilaz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 pm

This has been an incredible week for vintage Volapük postcards on eBay.

There was one really wonderful card, mailed from China to Austria in 1900. The message on the card states, in not quite correct Volapük, that it's the wedding day of the Crown Prince of Japan (Yoshihito, Emperor Taishō, the grandfather of the current Emperor). It was mailed from the Japanese post office in Amoy (Xiamen), so it had Japanese stamps on it. One of the stamps on the card commemorates the wedding, and it was cancelled on the first day of the stamp's issue. In short, it was something that I would have loved to get for my collection, but the final price was too rich for my blood.

There was also another amazing card sent from Amoy in 1900. It's a picture postcard of the tea shop owned by Yang Yen-nung, one of Amoy's foremost Volapükists, and it was written by Pietro Poletti, who introduced Volapük to China. Another incredibly desirable piece, but it went even further out of my price range.

But I got a good consolation prize. I found a Volapük postcard sent from Massachusetts to Switzerland in 1892, which discusses the internal strife that was going on in the Volapük movement at the time. Not as exciting as the two from China, but I actually managed to get this one, and it was incredibly cheap. :grin:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby esm » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Bought these sneakers because I need walking/running shoes. They're super lightweight.

Got a pair of red Keds as well.

Oh, and a plane ticket to Sweden for this summer. :)
esm

Postby Moh » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 pm

I bought slippers cause my dog chewed up my last pair. :)

4/17: It's getting warm out, so I got some shorts. I also bought a (really big!) shirt, and then I got some light-colored jeans.
I like the pattern on the shorts, and they feel nice. :lol: The pattern and colors of the shirt are cool.
Moh
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk