Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Boob Chatter

Postby boinsie » Sun May 05, 2013 3:45 pm

I don't splurge on a lot of things, but underwear that fits is very nice. ^^
boinsie
Guru

Postby Pavlova » Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 am

boinsie wrote:I tend to try to not get in battles with people over that type of thing. Several years back I would lecture people on proper bra fitting: how all the sizes technically work, how you shouldn't commit to "sister sizing" because it's just encouraging the bigbox bra manufacturers to continue making the same limited size runs that they want to make (34-44A-D/DD, essentially) to raise their bottom line, instead of actually creating all the sizes women need and are, etc... but overall it didn't seem like information anyone wanted to hear. Apparently most women would rather wear incorrectly fitting bras that they only have to spend $10 on.
So at some point I decided that that's their choice and to mind my own business.

Speaking of which, in the Seattle area there are Nordstrom Rack stores (basically the clearance/overstock stores of all the surrounding Nordstrom stores), and I've actually been able to walk into a store and buy a bra that fits me off the rack and it's so surreal compared to my normal shopping-online-routine. :drool:

Ugh don't even get me started on sister sizing. People annoy me so much with that. They will legit go "32D isn't even a thing, why don't you say the truth, you're a 34C".. Woah. No, it's not the same thing. And no, a 34C doesn't typically fit me well at all.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. I wish sizes were super standard? I bought two 32D bras recently, the same day, from the same store, and one fits so perfectly and is great and the other one is just so tight, I can't breath when I wear it, which is weird because all my bras are that size? It's sad because it's so damn pretty but I hate wearing it. Maybe it's a 30D and was mislabeled.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby esm » Fri May 31, 2013 6:01 am

So I used to be able to order a 30B online from Victoria's Secret (well, their Pink collection, which is more for teens), and I saw that they're having a sale so I just checked and it looks like they don't stock that size anymore. :razz:
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby boinsie » Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 am

BACKWARD PROGRESS! :razz:

Try checking out FigLeaves. Go to the other section for sales. ^^
boinsie
Guru

Postby esm » Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks! ^^ I will definitely keep the site in mind. There's some pretty good deals :)

Bras are expensive >.>
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby boinsie » Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

Yes. T^T

That reminds me that I should probably go check out The Rack sometime soon, but I just hate clothes shopping so much.. ^^;;
boinsie
Guru

See, this is why I avoid the Karaoke Bra. BAR, I mean BAR.

Postby Zunu » Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 pm

boinsie wrote:I should probably go check out The Rack sometime soon

ALREADY DONE! :grin:

Funny, I thought I was the only one who referred to Shinozaki Ai by that nickname. :grinning:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Fri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm

... I've never even considered the double connotation there. :||: ;;;;

Nordstrom Rack. Jesus. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:52 am

Gah, I hate when people assume that all Cup sizes are the same throughout the bandsize. I'm a 32E which is pretty much impossible to find anywhere. I have two really good bras in my size that I get from the bra shop around here, but I can't really afford to get more. There's nothing I hate more as well, than the band size being too large for me, which is a problem with "sister sizes" I used to incorrectly where 34/36 size bands before I got re-measured last year and the difference in how comfortable and supported I feel is astounding.

The saddest thing about this, is that I've been trying to will my cup size just a bit smaller so I could wear Japanese bras. I love the style of them so much T_T But I'm probably going to have to import (from Figleaves, more than likely because they have some of the best selection) any bras I might want, depending on how long I end up staying.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Previous

Return to TALK: General Talk