School Rants Thread!

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: School Rants Thread!

Postby esm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I have so little motivation for some of my classes. Like, I think they are interesting when I'm in the room listening to lectures and all, but outside class, some of them are like... not that fun.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby kyuu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 am

this monday I start school :3 hella excited. Since the two past years have been "trying to like what would be my career for life, foreigner relationships," and failing hard, this year I switched careers and I'm starting graphic design <3

it's not like I didn't like foreigner relationships,, but honestly in this time of my life I couldn't do it...I need something more fullfilling than read books all day. I hope I can give it another try in the future, but now I need something really different ^^ I think that having "to do" something it's gonna help me alot and I'm gonna love it
kyuu
Acolyte

Postby Bakajo Nono » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm

I need an A on my econ test tomorrow.

Unforch, it's kind of kicking my butt right now. Oh deer.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Bakajo Nono » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Yayyyy! I did! So now I only have to worry about my ridiculous paper that's due Wednesday. Our library is open 24 hours during finals week so guess who's going to be working on her paper all day tomorrow? This gal.

Today was the last day of regular classes, though. My professor (the one I had for two classes) was so nice. I mean he's always nice, but he was especially nice today! We had a picnic~ I went to his office hours after the first class to help him carry some of the food to our second class and he told me he was so proud of me for the work I did this quarter. I was so touched T_T . He also told me to change my schedule so that I was taking his class next quarter as well. He told me he was used to having me in all of his classes XD (and that it would be beneficial for me to take it after the classes I took this quarter since they linked well). And then, because it was our last day of classes, he spent the entire class time during our second class talking about grad school and encouraging us all to apply and just being generally supportive and helpful and sjkhlaskdjfadslfkjadslfkhjdaslghurflkjaenflcwjew.

He's literally the best professor ever.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby esm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 am

congrats <3

Your professor reminds me of my Developmental Neuroscience professor last semester. He's always so encouraging. Even when our test scores weren't good, he told us he can tell everybody learned a lot and he'll tell us he's proud of us. He was always giving advice on grad school and such, and on the last day I think I was going to cry because of all the touching things he said. He told us to keep in touch with one another because we're probably going to go far in whatever we do, since we survived that tough class xD

I don't have any neuro classes this semester, but last week I was at a discussion with the neuroscience club (which I'm one of the officers for now, sort of) and I got to reunite with some of my former classmates and my favorite professor. It was a good time. I'm not going into neuro or any scientific field for grad school because I really don't enjoy the type of studying and lab work, but I really valued my experience in so many ways.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Bakajo Nono » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 am

I had a really nice day today! I didn't have class, but I worked tutoring hours with a couple of my co-workers. One co-worker that I had just recently met was tutoring with me and he told me he was majoring in Digital Cinema, so I asked him if he had ever had the professor I have for documentary studies next quarter and it turns out that they're really close. It was actually really quite touching. Our professor had been his mentor and their families knew each other and stuff~ It was sweet.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby Bakajo Nono » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I got an A on my research paper.

#WEEP.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 am

Yay!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Bakajo Nono » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 pm

New quarter starts tomorrow!!!

Things I am excited for:
- Academic stimulation
- Seeing who's in my classes.
- My classes! Because they are so a'citing.

Things I am not excited for:
- No longer sleeping.
- Work (as in my job).
- Stress.

Unforch, that has all already begun. I just found out that I have to read a book by tomorrow. It's a really good book, but still. I'm s l e e p y . It's because I enrolled in the class after my professor sent out the email to the students enrolled in his class trololo. I'm sure he'll understand, but I want to start off right. I don't want to fall behind like I felt I did last quarter. Historically, Spring Quarter has been the GPA-killer for me. Plus the book is really fucking awesome.

I suppose I could make some coffee and read away.

But my body has gotten used to sleeping early xD
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby RinaReeChan » Sun May 13, 2012 10:16 am

Just handed in my 38 page, 7000 word entrepreneurship report. Felt like giving away a child or something.

Dunno why I tried so hard though. As procrastination I worked out that it's worth less than 1% of my degree overall. Oh well!
RinaReeChan
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk