What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Postby Rm88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Playing: Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS), Super Monkey Ball 3D (3DS), still Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC). Oh MAN I can't believe the Sonic clone of Mario Kart is so amazing. Downright one of the best racers I've played.

Just ordered: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS), Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (3DS) [I'm really in the mood for a flight game after I was silly thinking the After Burner game for Android/iOS would be half decent, lol] and Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll (DS).
---

Castlevania, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Harmoknight, Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter (all on 3DS) will have to wait until later this year... but then I'll be attacked by Mario Golf, Rune Factory 4, Shovel Knight, Gutx, Yatagarasu, Crash City Mayhem, Mario & Luigi, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Batman (the 3DS game that just got announced, it's a Metroidvania!) and Pokémon X... all on 3DS. I'm glad home consoles are currently not getting a ton of games I want to play, 3DS and PC are consuming my soul (and by soul I mean time and wallet).
Rm88

Postby questorminator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Unlocked a new ending in Way of the Samurai 3 called "Rebirth of the Sakurai Clan". It still isn't the best ending (which sees the princess going off with the protagonist), but at least loads better than the one I usually get (which is either tragic or inconclusive).

The game is fun if you like samurai tropes and aren't bothered by simple game mechanics and shallow storyline.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby questorminator » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 am

So after quite some time, I played the first Assassins Creed game again. Now I remember why I fell in love with the series in the first place: in your face action with less complications. The graphics seem better too and there were less noticeable bugs. It was a good mix of "sandbox" and story without it becoming too massive for its own good (Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII).

Then the realization hit me, that the only real upgrades that I felt necessary in the later games was the ability to swim. I also favor ACIII's fight engine more than the Ezio Trilogy's. ACII at least offered you the freedom to choose how to kill your target. But Brotherhood and Revelations as well as ACIII was all about "synchronization".
questorminator
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

Played Beyond: Two Souls a few weeks ago. Beautiful game. Had a lot of fun with it and enjoyed the way the narrative was laid out. Some bits were less enticing to me than others, but it was another great experience from QD. Hopefully eventually go back to play some scenes out differently.

Just picked up Ace Attorney 5. Quality game, and I loved Ghost Trick, but I always struggle to enjoy the experience when I hit those moments that the logic of the game runs perpendicular to my own logic. I don't play games to be misunderstood. :lol: Will push through this one, though. Would love to see the first four made available on the eShop. Don't really want to hit up the Wii Shop and the iOS versions don't support pre-iPhone 5S.
Chatin
Minion

Postby questorminator » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 am

^
I guess I should try Beyond Two Souls out. I liked Heavy Rain, and The Last of Us so hopefully, I'll like this one too.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, GTA V and NBA 2K14. It's a pity that the more the death of the PS3 comes nearer, the more better made games are being released. Really digging being a pirate during the age of piracy.
questorminator
Acolyte

Postby stam4o » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:53 am

Buff, I'm nothing about the new generation consoles. Still using the Cube and the trusty PS2.
Now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 2, with my relaxed pace, about 1-2 hours weekly. I'll finish it some day I guess...
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby questorminator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:19 am

^
Now that you mention it, I miss the Fatal Frame series on PS2.
questorminator
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:52 pm

So I got my PS4!

-System design isn't so appealing, but I won't spend much time looking at it.
-UI is in line with what we've gotten from the other Sony products.
-The network had a bunch of issues at it got hammered today. I managed to get all the downloads I needed, though.
-Killzone is gorgeous! Such a beautiful game. And I'm not very good at it. Especially the online multiplayer. I won't be touching that bit again.
-Need For Speed Rivals is great fun and looks gorgeous, as well. Especially when I was chasing down some racers in a forest in the rain at night... wow. I was blown away. Next gen for sure.
-Resogun isn't anything amazing visually, but it's stylish and fun and I'll play a lot more of it.
-Contrast has a neat concept, but it controls terribly. I'll find it hard to dedicate anymore time to it. Cool indie game, but if Sony is going to push it on PS+ for free for advertising, they could offer some guidance in polishing.
-Have tried using my iPhone and Vita as secondary controls in the menu. That's neat. Haven't gotten to try a second screen experience with either, yet, and have yet to try remote play on the Vita. I need to try that over WiFi to see how shit it goes.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase, and recommend more people to check it out. It's unfortunate that InFamous was delayed even further, to March.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:40 pm

So let me just say, that I love that the only sports in this forum is through the mentioning of Sport games on a system, instead of the actual thing lol.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby stam4o » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 pm

LOL, I didn't even realize there was actually no post about sports... is it that everone here is just lazy as hell?
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk