Pokemon

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Pokemon

Postby Chatin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm pretty disappointed with how XY seems to have been taken out of the oven before it was finished baking. Some great overhead 3D in some labs and some cool 3rd person 3D in on of the caves, but it's missing from the rest of the overworld and gyms. If they had it sorted for those specific areas, then it shouldn't have been much to push it for the gyms. And how are the badges not in 3D when you receive them? That's just total nonsense. Might as well not show me the badges at all.

I'm pretty apathetic with the new monsters designed for XY, but I've been that way for every gen post-GS. Luckily there is a good mix throughout the game. Could have done without the mega evolutions and some attention put toward bolstering the new line up.

That central hub city is pretty awful. Right up there with the city from BW for terribleness. Would anyone actually be disappointed if they dropped the nonsense design for these hub cities? I was perfectly fine with Goldenrod, Saffron City, etc.

Still having fun with the game. Some phenomenal music at some points. A pretty decent story. Hopefully they manage to tweak the engine before the next release, although its likely t be the hohum Ruby and Sapphire remade.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Bakajo Nono » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:59 am

Agreed for the most part. The music is great and the story is impressive considering it's usually unchanging lol.

Definitely agreed that the main city is a pain. I will never get the layout of Lumiose memorized.

The clothes customization is fun.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby sb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 am

So... has anyone actually beaten X and Y yet? I'm curious to know what kind of Friend Safari I'm rolling out there.
sb
Minion

Postby Bakajo Nono » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 pm

I've beaten X. For me, your Friend Safari is Grass with the Pokemon being Pansage and Ivysaur (!).

Does anybody Wonder Trade? I usually hatch a Bulbasaur or like a level-30 Pokemon, infect it with Pokerus, and then do the Wonder Trade, but I haven't gotten super lucky yet. I got a Growlithe, which was cool though. I don't want any more Bunnelbys :glare:
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby sb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:41 pm

What I kinda don't like is both people have to be online to unlock the third Pokemon in the safari. I don't have the opportunity to be online super often.

I just tried out wonder trade. I just got a really solid skarmory but nothing all crazy rare or anything. Having a couple Japanese pokemon I guess is kinda cool though.

Thank you btw, for letting me know my pokemon.
sb
Minion

Postby Bakajo Nono » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:39 am

Oh is that how it works? I thought the friend had to beat the elite four to get the third pokemon, but I could be wrong.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby sb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 am

Yea I thought so too but I guess they have to had beat the elite 4 AND be online with the person. But I guess after the third Pokemon is unlocked, then it can be accessed whenever.
sb
Minion

Postby Bakajo Nono » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 am

Ohh, I think you're right.

Your third pokemon for me is Quilladin btw :)
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Postby sb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 am

Yea I saw you online so I had to try it out. It unlocked Azumarill which is your third (Bibarel and Gyrados are your others) plus a Bibarel had its hidden ability. I guess you can find shinies easier too.

So... is there anything Pokemon wise you are looking for? Cause an Ivysaur with Thick Fat would be cool.
sb
Minion

Postby boinsie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:27 pm

This is amazing.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/69359 ... 18-pokemon

I Wonder Trade things a lot, not to get Pokemon I don't have, but just to collect Trainer IDs for the Lotto!! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk