Things that I'm hating right now...

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Things that I'm hating right now...

Postby MiserableBastard » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:53 am

This is meant to be bit more honest version of those things make me sad and I'm happy about threads in JPM.

Windows XP SP3 patch, every thing is not working properly after patching. FIrefox ceased to work after patching win and itself and I'm forced to use exploder. :evil:

And my laziness. I'm too lazy to reboot to linux that I use mostly for everything besides gaming.

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Re: Things that I'm hating right now...

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am

Yeah, I've been having problems with Firefox as well, crashing randomly. In fact I think it took my external hard drive with it.

It's funny about IE. It works okay now, certainly better than it ever did in the past, but I just don't like it any more. I've grown accustomed to NoScript, I guess, and I feel weird using the internet without it.

Opera...the last time I tried it, the pieces didn't seem to fit together quite right. Thinks like wrongly-sized fonts and icons, single clicks when there should be double clicks. Tabs that don't behave in a natural fashion. I suppose it's just personal preference, but Firefox to me is the best. Well, linux FF still works fine.

About linux. I think it's like maybe 2 years away from seriously kicking ass. But for now...meh. I use it on my netbook without regrets. But I wouldn't want to use it full time. And whoever's working on OOo needs to really trim it down.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 am

I'm still using Chrome. It doesn't handle JPM's posting code correctly (which doesn't matter to me since I write in my tags), is really unreliable at streaming video, and you can't add items to your cart at YesAsia.
It's overall much faster than IE, though, and mucho guapo.
boinsie
Guru

Postby MiserableBastard » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:40 am

Insomnia. Three days up... hope fully I can sleep tonight.

MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby vegetarianbeefeater » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:56 am

Listen to some Mano Piano then

If you cant sleep at least lay down, your BP would be of concern.
Something that may interest you, I took an experimental RV-6 for a quick coastal run on sat. Can post piccies but my camera couldnt focus too well through the glasshouse :P
vegetarianbeefeater
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sayummy

Postby MiserableBastard » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:01 am

vegetarianbeefeater wrote:Listen to some Mano Piano then

If you cant sleep at least lay down, your BP would be of concern.
Something that may interest you, I took an experimental RV-6 for a quick coastal run on sat. Can post piccies but my camera couldnt focus too well through the glasshouse :P

Interesting RV-6 ultralight. I don't like general aviation much due to bad experiences in internship in one man and three quarters sweat shop run by asshole, part time guys in firm were my teacher from school and another cool guy. I was able to fix that by terminating internship, and did pretty much all of my mechanics internships in air force. I'm on medical leave form major airline. Probably that will post pone my eventual EASA part-66B2 license by couple years, I don't think that FiAA will seem my medical leave as nothing more than error from their holy rules. i probably have to make all academic exams again and work experience is probably zeroed. That will cost 50€ per mod if do those in my school, but I could do them in FiAA with employers cost. I still will choose school over inheritently evil aviation administration. Bight side is that I'm on company pay roll technically so I could get four year in house benefits on actually working about two, mostly on Airbus type courses and random grave yard shifts. Aforementioned time in house benefit is global zero tickets Finland-Japan about 100€ both ways, if airport tax remains about same year ago, when I last checked those Osaka was about 2€ cheaper than Tokyo. :P

Aviation becoming profession makes it lot less interesting. As an avionics mech I know that electricity is technical smoke and study credits in aerodynamics prove that flying should have been left to birds. ;)

Right now listening to old William Shatner covers of sixties folk and pop.

MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby esm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Physics class.
I'm hating that right now.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Friends who don't take the time to respond on Facebook.

And Facebook for ruining my life.
Chatin
Minion

Postby esm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 pm

I have a problem with Facebook too (apart from just being on it too much). I feel like it destroys my relationship with some friends. Like, we haven't seen each other in real life for some time but because we have random, meaningless exchange of words on Facebook, I don't feel like I miss on what's going on with them... when in reality, we're actually missing on what's going on with each other.

If that made sense...
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Reina » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:06 pm

windows movie maker don't work at my new pc, AT ALL.
おつかれいなー❤
I miss Yanamin...
Reina
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Next

Return to TALK: General Talk