R.I.P thread.

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

R.I.P thread.

Postby MiserableBastard » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:37 am

A feature from another forums. If someone of some sort of significance dies, post it here. The persons may be

Pentti Iisalo

Knight of order of Mannerheim cross of cross of Liberty and reserve captain.

Died of natural causes in hospital at his home town Lahti at age of 88. I knew him personally as he was my friends dads uncle. I saw him quite often when I was at my friends home on some ocassions, he was quite inspiring guy.

He got the Manneheim Cross, second class, after leading assault on enemy anti-tank gun position during attack phase of Continuation war. He captured gun and used it destroy another Soviet gun position and number of retreating enemy vehicles causing Soviet forces to bottle up in road and preventing possible counter attacks. Position held until point platoon was reinforced by rest of battalion.

He was awarded the second class Manneheim cross on 1 of october 1941. 191 knights there is just three alive after his passing. Out of four brothers two got Mannerheim cross, for third same award was requested by their commanders and fourth was wounded seriously in war. Mannerheim Cross is considered most prestigious military award in Finland, only two of first class crosses was awarded, one for Marshall of Finland C.G.E Mannerheim and Jaeger general A.E Heinrichs, so second class Cross can be considered as Finnish equivalent of Medal of Honor or Knights cross of Iron Cross with all bling.

Rest In Peace, knight.

ImageImageImage

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Re: R.I.P thread.

Postby esm » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:19 am

esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Re: R.I.P thread.

Postby Chatin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:43 am

^ That's terrible. Half a week ago I was in the book store, urging him via my telepathic skills to write another Lost World novel. :(
Chatin
Minion

Return to TALK: General Talk