H!PS XII Rules ideas

An Idol Battle Royale on Bastard Island

Moderator: sb

H!PS XII Rules ideas

Postby sb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:20 am

Just wanted to keep this away from the randomness and propaganda of the other thread.

Basically the standard most votes, 2 days, will stay the same, but anyone want to add any other crazy rules to spice things up?

I had a couple ideas.

+5 vote (or maybe plus +10, lol) A one shot blast to be used. Drawback? Your favorite gets a +5 next round. Can't be used if your fave is gone.

Random +3 (or different number) A girl at random gets +3 to their vote. Could help, could hurt.

Of course these could only be used once and would be a limited distribution but hey it's something different. If not, that's fine too.
sb
Minion

Re: H!PS XII Rules ideas

Postby rikkikow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 am

How about voter registration so you don't freak out like last time? :whistling: :rofl:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby esm » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 am

Are we going to be able to change our votes on the polls (assuming that's what we're officially using for votes)?
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 am

sb wrote:
+5 vote (or maybe plus +10, lol) A one shot blast to be used. Drawback? Your favorite gets a +5 next round. Can't be used if your fave is gone.

How would we know you your favorite is, for the next round? It seems like someone could pretend that a girl they don't like is their favorite, and then they'd get basically 2 supervotes in a row? Or am I missing something?

Here's my suggestion:

* There is a registration round. (Great idea, rikkikow) You must register for the game in order to play in any other round. In registration, you declare you are playing the game, and you declare who your favorite idol is. Upon registering, you will be given one "IMMUNITY." You will ONLY be allowed to use that "IMMUNITY" ...ONE TIME ONLY... to attempt to protect your favorite idol, in any future round.

You can use up your immunity (ex: "Chinami - IMMUNITY") at any point in a round that is still active. However, whether a girl is actually immune or not depends on the level of support she gets. Here is an example of what I mean.

Idol / Votes / Immunity Votes

Airi/34/ 3
Mai/30/ 4
Chisato/29/5
Saki/2/0
Maimi/0/0

Airi has the most votes, so ordinarily, she's automatically out. Except, she has 3 immunities. So, she's safe. Except that the next girl, Mai, has even MORE immunities than Airi. So she wins the immunity challenge, and Airi is out after all. But what about the other girls behind Mai? Doesn't matter. Airi's immunity votes were nullified in the challenge, so it's as if she had zero immunities.

Second example:

Airi/34/3
Mai/30/2
Chisato/29/5
Saki/2/0
Maimi/0/0

This time, Airi wins the immunity challenge vs. Mai. Mai's immunities are nullified, and she gets thrown off the island

Third example:

Airi/34/3
Mai/30/3
Chisato/29/5
Saki/2/0
Maimi/0/0

This time, Airi and Mai are tied in terms of immunity. So we have to look at Chissaa. Except she has more immunities than either of them. So she's safe, and both of their immunities are nullified. Just going on votes alone then, Airi is voted out.

Fourth:

Airi/34/3
Mai/30/3
Chisato/29/2
Saki/2/0
Maimi/0/0

Airi and Maimai's immunities are both tied again. But they both beat Chisato. She's out.

Fifth:

Airi/34/1
Mai/30/1
Chisato/29/1
Saki/2/1
Maimi/0/0

In this example, four girls are tied in terms of immunity votes. Poor Maimi, despite not getting any votes against her, is out.

Hence, it can be seen that immunities are really powerful. Possibly too powerful? Although each player only gets one, a popular girl might have enough supporters to withstand any challenge.

Other possible ideas:
Spoiler: show
* Each player gets exactly X (one, two, three?) "immunities" to be used a game, as above, but not tied in advance to any specific girl. Otherwise, works the same as above.

* Each player gets exactly two +5 supervotes that they can use at any point in the game. Even at the same time (= +10).

* Each player gets exactly 5 single "plusvotes" (+1) that they can use at any point in the game. Even at the same time. So you, for example, could vote normally against Chinami. Then vote again, later in the same round, to put her over the top, using one or more of your plusvotes.

* If you sit out two rounds IN A ROW, you earn one supervote that can be used at any point in the remainder of the game. The catch, you have to write "HOLD" to indicate you are sitting out the round within the first 24 hours of the start of each round. You can earn multiple supervotes this way, but each supervote has to be earned by sitting out two consecutive rounds.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby esm » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 am

I don't like the registration idea. It's more fun when you don't know who's involved. Also, I think it's less fun when you add to many rules that involve having to keep track of things, like who is each user's favorite, have they used their immunity, did they play in a certain round, etc. Some people that don't visit the forum that often won't catch the rule change. I remember there were years when we used the polls for voting but some people still thought posting was the official way of casting their vote.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby rikkikow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am

I get it. But who is going to count the votes? SB never wants to do it. Just counting the votes is hard enough without the adding the complexity of the immunity votes to the mix. I like the concept though. Why not just subtract the immunity votes from the vote count to determine who leaves. Easier. :sweat:

Already???
A little subliminal message for us? I like it. :yahoo:
rikkikow

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 pm

rikkikow wrote:Why not just subtract the immunity votes from the vote count to determine who leaves. Easier. :sweat:

Yeah, that's a good idea.

esm wrote:I don't like the registration idea. It's more fun when you don't know who's involved. Also, I think it's less fun when you add to many rules that involve having to keep track of things, like who is each user's favorite, have they used their immunity, did they play in a certain

Cool. I'm not really trying to push anything. Just throwing ideas out there. I mean, it could even be both, that people could vote without registering, but you get a one shot blast as a reward for declaring your favorite before the first round. That would take care of the issue of how to penalize your favorite in the next round.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby rikkikow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 pm

How's this for an idea to throw around and you could use the polls like last year. In every round you get one vote, and you get one immune vote. So you could vote for one girl and immune vote another or not. It would then be easy after the round is over to subtract the immune votes from the actual votes. When two girls are left just go with the votes. I haven't thought this out so it might not even make any sense.
rikkikow

Postby Starra » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:55 pm

How about all previous winners are disqualified?
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby sb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I like the immunity idea. A lot actually. And I would be willing to keep track of who used them.

I was thinking of just using the poll as the vote counter, so no manual count.

I'm probably gonna have it set so people CANNOT change votes.

As for previous winners being disqualified I will NEVER implement that rule. I think it's bullshit that Sayumi, Miyabi, and Eripon are probably gonna be voted out first round, just cause they've won before. The Miami Heat aren't disqualified from winning the NBA title cause they've won before. It ain't about, oh this girl hasn't won before, let's give her a chance! Fuck that noise. H!PS ain't to be won by everyone. If such and such girl never wins a H!PS oh well. If no one from C-ute or S/mileage ever wins oh well.
sb
Minion

Next

Return to Hello!Project Survivor