H!PS XII Thread (WINNER - Sayumi)

An Idol Battle Royale on Bastard Island

Moderator: sb

Re: H!PS XII Thread (WINNER - Sayumi)

Postby resop2 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:27 am

^
That would defeat the purpose of H!PS which is to hate the favorite idol of everyone else.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:44 am

You could rank H!P members indirectly by comparing them to wild animals, or things that you find under sofa cushions, or kinds of school cafeteria food, and then everybody could vote on the comparison items (assigning them positive or negative numbers).

For example, if someone were to say that Nakky was 35% better than a lint-covered half of a Tootsie Roll, and we voted to assign a value of -15 to lint-covered Tootsie Roll halves, then 100% - 35% = 65%, so Nakky would get 65% of -15 = -9.75 points.

That's pretty simple, isn't it? XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby esm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:39 am

resop2 wrote:^
That would defeat the purpose of H!PS which is to hate the favorite idol of everyone else.

It's not meant to compete with H!PS or be more valid or anything, since H!PS is more of a game with strategies and all anyway.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 am

Incidentally, it looks to me as if the strategies used by the most effective teams in H!PS have evolved over time, becoming tighter, more focused, and more sophisticated. The downside of that is that the public parts of the game (the discussion thread and the voting threads, but also the forum as a whole during the game) have lost some of the feeling of high-volume, noisy, nonsensical, anarchic fun of a few years ago. (For example, the game's over and this thread is only on page 20 -- it seems to me that there was a time when it would have been closer to 100 pages at this point.)
There's no point in trying to turn back the clock -- it was probably inevitable that more sophisticated strategies would take over and evolve in the direction that they took -- but I wonder if it would be possible to develop a H!PS-like game which lent itself to strategic play, but which required the development of a very different set of strategies than H!PS itself...
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Previous

Return to Hello!Project Survivor