AKB Scandals Thread

AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, JKT48, KKS, Nogizaka46, No Sleeves

Moderator: Moh

Re: AKB Scandals Thread

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:55 am

Holy shit. The story's spreading beyond wota-land.

http://rawstory.com/

(As of right now it's the #2 video headline)

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 am

randompasserby wrote:Between this and Kasai's pb cover fiasco that somehow got approved all the way until the publisher takes issue with it, really makes me wonder what the hell the collective minds in ***48 empire management chain are smoking right now.
Good point -- at the moment, I suppose it's a little hard to tell whether the PR people really are in on it or not, but if they are, it does raise some questions, such as: Do they have a plan (i.e., drive everybody else off of the front pages by getting headlines for as many idiotic scandals as possible)? Or are they just crazy from smoking Drano and drinking too many hand-cleaner-gel smoothies? XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby kyuu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 am

Yeah, my biggest issue here is how they just humiliated here furthermore uploading the video of her collapsing. I don't care if she "wanted to do it" it's obvious she is having a mental collapse. If a suicide person wanted to jump in front of you, will you accept it calmly since it's "her decision"? And since when do management respect idol's wishes? give a me break. She was in not in a right state of mind, full stop.

Also since when being in a relationship= be a drunkard whore? She was not having sex with him in a public park jfc
kyuu
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 am

^ Who is saying she's a drunken whore? :?:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby kyuu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am

Not that she was, but that idols being allowed to have a relationships could end up like american's popular acts or something. It was comments ago At least that I was I understood from it
kyuu
Acolyte

Postby boinsie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

I think the comparison was to Taylor Swift, who from my understanding is far from a drunken whore. ^^;;
Just that she has a lot of boyfriends, and writes pissed off songs about them. It's kind of a thing about her, the dating, but she's not like a party crack fiend or anything.
boinsie
Guru

Postby kyuu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm

I was talking about this post

Spoiler: show
Celedam wrote:I'm curious, why is it so important to you that they are getting something on the side? What's so wrong about actually being chaste and innocent and just plain nice, especially when a girl is still a minor, as the vast majority of idols are? Some might call it "unrealistic," but in my opinion, that's just another word for "unprincipled." We're supposed to be better than our base natures. If I was interested in the adventures of drunken whores, I have plenty to choose from in American pop culture.

Furthermore, it's interesting that you think the idol-wota relationship is directly equivalent to the prostitute-john relationship. (Never mind that it makes prostitution a bad thing, which contradicts your argument that it's okay for them to be promiscuous and also doesn't seem very liberated in this era of "it's my body and I can do what I want.") Why is it all about sex? And if it is all about sex, then how can there be so many child, female, and gay fans? Why are you a fan? Could the image of chaste innocence be appealing for reasons other than sex? Could it simply be that it's entertaining to watch cute girls do cute things? If yes, then why is it okay for you but not for other fans who are the same age, gender, and orientation as you?

not about DSQueen's that follows it.

I think there are two discussions happening altogether. The one about dating rules and the one how this particular case was managed. About the first one I don't really have much to say, but that when I became actively part of the fandom I knew about this and how it worked and therefore I accepted it. When I buy MM's singles I'm supporting the industry. No matter what I think of the rule I'm condemning it.

On how they managed this case I already stated it: awful and makes me wanna never hear of AKB48 again. Never I was more than a casual listener, but this makes me no even want to hear how their new singles sound.

If what happened to this girl had happened in H!P instead it would be a huge problem for me, ngl If this happened to one of my favourites (MM, Risako, Nakky, long etc) I will burn UFA down :fear:
kyuu
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh, lol, well in his defense he seems to be implying that prosties are okay anyway so calling someone a drunken whore is maybe a compliment.

For the record I'd agree there's nothing really "base" about sleeping around. Except at this point I'm a little confused who I'm agreeing with.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby sb » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Zunu wrote:The article was in the gossip mag with a photo. She would've still been in trouble. AKS is pretty hardcore when it comes to this kind of infraction.

I shoulda worded what I wrote differently. I ment if she hadn't shaved her head, this story wouldn't have gone as out of control like it has.

I read the statement management gave about this incident. Either they didn't think it was gonna be a huge deal, or they didn't care.
sb
Minion

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm

^ You might be right about that. Because her prison haircut mugshot is instant media headline bait. I'm pretty sure THAT wasn't intended.

Zunu wrote:Holy shit. The story's spreading beyond wota-land.

http://rawstory.com/

(As of right now it's the #2 video headline)

And THE GUARDIAN as well!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/fe ... -boyfriend

(As of right now it's the #1 most viewed international story.)

The way this has spiraled out of control, the idol industry may find itself compelled to reflect on its practices.
Zunu
Pantaloon

PreviousNext

Return to JPOP: AKB48