Maybe I needed a "sarcasm" tag..?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Re: AKB Scandals Thread

Postby Pavlova » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

It was actually rather subtle.

I mean I can see how kenkyuusei or really unpopular members could be considered low status so it sounded sort of serious.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Zunu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 am

Pavlova wrote:I mean I can see how kenkyuusei or really unpopular members could be considered low status so it sounded sort of serious.

True. I really meant more like that being an idol in general is considered low status so none of the men making the decisions are really going to shed a tear about what happens to her.

OT but it reminds me of something I heard the other day. In NYC the Department of Health is giving out free condoms to streetwalkers (prostitutes) to protect them and their clients from the spread of STDs. Coincidentally, police are arresting women on the suspicion of being streetwalkers. Their evidence? That the women's pockets are full of free condoms. :facepalm:

When it comes to enforcing "moral" laws, the bureaucracy doesn't care about the women who get ground up in the process. Streetwalkers, idols, pregnant teens, does it really matter? They deserve what's coming to 'em anyways.

</s>
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Pavlova » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah, but every single time I mention patriarchy and things such as.. well. heteronormativity, and all the things that lead to such stuff being.. like that.. half the forum are rolling eyes. So you know. No wonder we're still there.
Pavlova
Minion

Postby DSQueenie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 pm

I spend a lot of time on Tumblr and the amount of grief you get there from people who aren't half as educated as you are on things like patriarchy Pavlova can lead anyone to being a bit dismissive.

However anyone who can even consider for two seconds that traditional standards of femininity or the virgin whore complex doesn't effect the idol industry in a bad way is a hinding themselves from the truth. So don't feel bad about bringing that stuff up. :)
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 am

randompasserby wrote:Ok that broke my wtf meter I can't even-
I'm surprised her former management didn't catch any flak nor give her any since she basically pointed at them being involved in some shady shit

Though... after digging around a little bit more and found the source of that translated interview ends up in men's cyzo which is full of these kinds of rag articles and wishful thinking. So not sure how credible that is

I dunno, as much as I would like to hope it's not going on, the fact that pretty much the same thing happened to Rinatin and she talked about it in an article around her debut too raises some flags. I wouldn't put it past their management, tbh. I do think though, that most of the girls manage to escape this practice, but then there are the unlucky few (since aren't AKB members all under different management agencies anyway?) whose management resorts to this.

I saved the article where she purportedly made those accusations (though I don't read/speak japanese, so I don't know for certain) because the original Rico Yamaguchi fansite that had it translated went under lol. SFW, she's just in a bikini.
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Pavlova » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 am

New scandal!

Kasao Tomomi may or may not have slept over at the AKS president's (Kubota Yasushi) house. (AKS is the agency which manages girls not managed by other agencies. When their contract with other agencies are ended, for instance, they are transferred back to AKS. I think it's also the management agency of AKB48 in general, sort of like UF for H!P. A and K in the agency name stand for Akimoto Yasushi and Kubota Yasushi.)

Incriminating photos

Supposedly there had been a rumor of their relationship for a while.

Of course this looks like nothing suspicious at all to me but whatevs, might as well report it.
Pavlova
Minion

Postby DSQueenie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:41 am

The picture do make this look really bad but his explanation was pretty good so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he's married.

http://www.akb48wrapup.com/2013/04/akb4 ... ent-house/

I wonder if he'll sue this time like he did when Bunshun said he was sleeping with Mariko.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby Pavlova » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 am

Yeah agreed on all counts, I mean the picture only shows that they saw each other which really, really isn't that surprising .. his explanation was pretty good. All the rumors about what staff members or ex members said about her could be just that; rumors.
Pavlova
Minion

Previous

Return to JPOP: AKB48