The AKB48 questions thread

AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, JKT48, KKS, Nogizaka46, No Sleeves

Moderator: Moh

The AKB48 questions thread

Postby RpgN » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:38 am

I think such a topic is handy for new fans like me. Here are my first questions:

The group released 6 stage albums and then 1 studio album. Why did they release so many versions? Is there a difference between the 6 stage albums (like new songs?). If you get the studio album, does it basically contain all their songs prior to the release?

And I've just seen a few PVs and yuuhi wo miteiru ka is so far my favourite one. I've noticed many of their PVs has all the 48 members, but this one seems to have much less members. I recognised a few Team A members. Were they the only one featured or it just me?
RpgN
Acolyte

Re: The AKB48 questions thread

Postby Sayange » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 am

Let me see if I can answer this properly.

Ok, the 6 stage albums are A1, A2, A3, K1, K2 and K3. That's to say 3 for Team A stages and 3 for Team K. A1 and K1 have the same songs, coz both teams made the same stage (of course, voices vary). However, the rest are all different with different songs (A2, A3, K2 and K3).

The stage albums are released after the properly said stage is over. For example, we are all waiting for the A4 album now that Team A began its 5th stage (or A5). Team K is currenply holding its 4th stage so after it ends we would expect a K4 album.

The studio album is just a BEST with singles and some songs taken from the stages, so it's a good start for people who don't know them.

Yuuhi has Team K and Team B members, too, but the most were from A, as usual. It's all about popularity. Sometimes (as in Bingo!) you can spot certain members in the video, but they are nor really featuring in the vid. Sometimes they look like simple extras. Ahaha. Front girls will be always front girls.
The non-front girls have their feat moments in the stages, but not in the singles.
Sayange
Hierophant

Postby RpgN » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:22 am

^
Thank you so much for your helpful reply. Hmm...It's getting kind of harder to me since I don't like being a fan and know there are 7 albums that I don't have :doh: You know what? I'll just ignore the stage albums and get myself their studio album :rock:

Lol, I know what you mean. I barely noticed them. And MM fans complain about Reina being the front girl! They should look at those poor girls :lol:
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby areyoume » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:38 am

^ i wouldn't call that 1 album as studio album, it's a best album featuring AKB48 singles songs & some other selected songs from singles (b-side) & also some stage song...well this is a matter of preference but if i were you i would buy the stage DVDs instead of the stage albums...i can't give any advice since i have none of their stuff physically, H!P drains all of my $$$ lol, but i do have Chocolove 2nd single physically & i already ordered their 1st single...i'll buy akb48 singles when i have money :laugh:

EDIT: yeah, A4 & A5 album do want lol (team A fan here ;) )
areyoume
Initiate

Postby RpgN » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:42 am

^
well according to wiki it is called a studio album. If it's a best album instead, then I'll call it that from now on. Thanks!
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Sayange » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:19 am

areyoume wrote:^ i wouldn't call that 1 album as studio album, it's a best album featuring AKB48 singles songs & some other selected songs from singles (b-side) & also some stage song...well this is a matter of preference but if i were you i would buy the stage DVDs instead of the stage albums...i can't give any advice since i have none of their stuff physically, H!P drains all of my $$$ lol, but i do have Chocolove 2nd single physically & i already ordered their 1st single...i'll buy akb48 singles when i have money :laugh:

EDIT: yeah, A4 & A5 album do want lol (team A fan here ;) )

Yea, if it's about buying, the DVD's of course.

But the albums don't have the loud wota voices chanting. :x
Sayange
Hierophant

Postby Kanako » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:16 am

What exactly is SKE48?
I read somewhere it's almost the same as AKB48 but located somewhere else. Is that correct?
Kanako
Senior Initiate

Postby Naomi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 am

^ Yeah, it's just like AKB48, but located in Sakae. :P
Naomi
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Yossie, Ayumi

Postby Sayange » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:50 am

Naomi wrote:^ Yeah, it's just like AKB48, but located in Sakae. :P

To add: Sakae is in Nagoya.
Sayange
Hierophant

Postby mrwaffle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:52 am

Which is in Nagoya. It's assembled from various new girls and some of the AKB48 research students (like the hellopro eggs; backup dancers/filler-ins). As is tradition, their first stage is the same as A1, like the other groups did.

RpgN wrote:well according to wiki it is called a studio album. If it's a best album instead, then I'll call it that from now on. Thanks!

Yeah, it's definitely a "best of" (aka collection of singles) album. I mean, the Stage albums were recorded in a studio as well, but that doesn't make them studio albums... :P AKB48 isn't the sort of group to have studio albums in the traditional sense. They're all about the live Stages, everything else is just cashing in on that main feature. Things like CD sales aren't their core business like hellopro.

Edit: pfft, way to beat me too it Angepan. :rolleyes: :laugh:
mrwaffle
Initiate

Next

Return to JPOP: AKB48