Switch to full style
Read me now, please.
Post a reply

~JPlop's Secret Santa 2013~ Sign up by November 24th! ^^

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:38 am

It's (a little past) time to start our third annual Secret Santa! It's a fun thing to do as a community, and we're all (with maybe a few exceptions :fear: ) ~relatively~ friendly around here... :whistling:

"But what is this Secret Santa you speak of, boinsie?"

Good question, sheltered one!

A Secret Santa gift exchange works like this: Everyone that wants to participate is randomly assigned another person from the group to get a gift for. A cost ceiling is generally put in place (let's say $20) . The identity of the person giving the gift is kept secret at least until the gift is given, though sometimes the sender never reveals him/herself. It's up to personal preference.
In this case we will be mailing gifts, so do keep that in mind when shopping (perishables, fragile things, etc).

"OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST FUN THING EVER HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?? :notworthy: :notworthy: "

1. Post in this thread with your likes/dislikes/allergies. This list should include things outside of the H!P world because, let's face it, idol stuff is for the most part prohibitively expensive. ^^;
2. Send me a PM with your mailing address. Also let me know if you're willing to ship outside of your country. Foreign shipping costs can be expensive and I'll let you know if you can be accommodated.

The deadline to sign up is Nov. 17th (just over a week from today!). The morning of Nov. 24th I'll have the names all matched up randomly with one another and will PM everyone their Secret Santa's info and you can refer to this thread for their material commodity preferences!

ATTENTION:: PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
We had a couple of people last year who didn't end up holding up their end of the deal. Please don't be that guy; let's keep this fun for everyone. :xmas:

~Commited Participants~
boinsie
TotallyUncool
Kyu+
koregaboku
DARC1998

Re: ~JPlop's Secret Santa 2013~

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:46 am

Likes: Candy, snacks. The colors green, brown, blue, white. Nature related-things, both plants and animals. Dinosaurs. Stuff about where you're from (especially if it's a different country... note, I collect foreign coins). Earrings (stainless steel). Needlessly cute things. Creepy stuff. My favorite H!P girls are Airi (Erika), Yurina, Zukki/Haruka (Tanaka/Tsuji/Yaguchi), Dawa/Meimi. I'm a HUGE Tsunku/Sharan Q fan.

Dislikes: Sports, spicy foods. Disney. Coffee. Top 40 music. I'm not hugely into notebooks and such unless they're adorable. I don't really wear much jewelry... though, again, cute things are cute.

Allergies: I'm a vegetarian, so no meat or meat products. This includes obvious ingredients like meat, fish, or beef tallow/lard, but also other things you might otherwise think innocuous, such as gelatin, carmine, fish oil, etc. But milk/eggs/honey are fine. And I'm technically allergy-free. Bring on the peanuts! :hehe:

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 am

~Committed Non-Participants~
Zunu

Bah, Hamburger! (ハンバーグ)

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 am

OK - I'm in.

I like colorful, creative, artistic, interesting, or just plain strange things -- just about anything interesting and a bit unusual. Nothing that bites, though, or that I have to feed - I've already go a couple of cats. XD

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 am

Bless you, people with money, I'm out for now :crazy:

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 am

Not participating due to lack of sufficient funds (isn't this my excuse every year?), but I hope it goes smoothly this time. :lol:

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm in. Will add that fun SS list stuff later. <3

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Intrigued...

But is it mean if I ask that my SS be restricted to within the United States?

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm

^
i want to ask same question like koregaboku.
how about people outside US? can we join?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:08 pm

If you're outside of the USA you may most certainly join, but with the caveat that you'll end up having to ship internationally. If you're within the US but don't want to mail outside of the US, you're also free to join. :xmas:
Post a reply