~JPLOP's Secret Santa 2012!~

Read me now, please.

~JPLOP's Secret Santa 2012!~

Postby boinsie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 am

The whole forum didn't burn down when we did it last year, so let's have another go! :hehe:

Let's do Secret Santa at JPlop again this year! I've always had fun doing this and similar gift exchanges with other communities/groups in the past. And we're all (with maybe a few exceptions :fear: ) relatively friendly around here... :whistling:

"But what is this Secret Santa you speak of, boinsie?"

Good question, sheltered one!

A Secret Santa gift exchange works like this: Everyone that wants to participate is randomly assigned another person from the group to get a gift for. A cost ceiling is generally put in place (let's say $20) . The identity of the person giving the gift is kept secret at least until the gift is given, though sometimes the sender never reveals him/herself. It's up to personal preference.
In this case we will be mailing gifts, so do keep that in mind when shopping (perishables, fragile things, etc).

"OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST FUN THING EVER HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?? :notworthy: :notworthy: "

1. Post in this thread with your likes/dislikes/allergies. This list should include things outside of the H!P world because, let's face it, idol stuff is for the most part prohibitively expensive. ^^;
2. Send me a PM with your mailing address. Also let me know if you're willing to ship outside of your country. Foreign shipping costs can be expensive and I'll let you know if you can be accommodated.

Deadline is Nov. 17th. The morning of Nov. 18th I'll have the names all matched up randomly with one another and will PM everyone their Secret Santa's info and you can refer to this thread for their material commodity preferences! :xmas:

~Commited Participants~
boinsie
Reina
TotallyUncool
Jessi
Starra
DARC1993
+Kyu
PureLight
22Tsuji22
narz
Echidna
Pavlova
boinsie
Guru

Re: ~JPLOP's Secret Santa 2012!~

Postby boinsie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 am

OMG YOU'RE SO AWESOME HOW COULD I NOT PARTICIPATE. :miki:

Likes: Candy, snacks. The colors green, brown, blue, white. Nature related-things, both plants and animals. Dinosaurs. Stuff about where you're from (especially if it's a different country). Earrings (stainless steel). Needlessly cute things. Creepy stuff. My favorite H!P girls are Airi (Erika), Yurina, Tanaka/Zukki/Haruka (Tsuji/Yaguchi), Dawa/Meimi. I'm a HUGE Tsunku/Sharan Q fan.

Dislikes: Sports, spicy foods. Disney. Coffee. Top 40 music. I'm not hugely into notebooks and such unless they're adorable. I don't really wear much jewelry.

Allergies: I'm a vegetarian, so no meat or meat products. This includes obvious ingredients like meat, fish, or beef tallow/lard, but also other things you might otherwise think innocuous, such as gelatin, carmine, fish oil, etc. But milk/eggs/honey are fine. And I'm technically allergy-free. Bring on the peanuts! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby DARC1993 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 am

YES AGAIN!!! :happy:
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby Reina » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 am

Joining :)

Likes: Golden Bomber (Kiryuin Sho), Morning Musume (Tanaka Reina), PureBoys (Itogi Kenta), 80's J-Pop idols, Kamen Rider, Pokemon, the colour pink, cats, mini skirts, potatoes, green tea, cosmetics, body spray
(Names in brackets are my favourite members)

Dislikes: AKB48 and related groups/soloists/whatever, kyary pamyu pamyu, vocaloid, k-pop, flowers, jewelleries

Allergies: AKB48 and related groups/soloists/whatever :mikihead:
Last edited by Reina on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
おつかれいなー❤
I miss Yanamin...
Reina
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Postby Pavlova » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:02 am

Oh man I'll participate again I guess.

Likes: cute things, lace, rhinestones, hello kitty, wanna-be-punk-goth things (think hot topic accessories I guess), red, black, grey, lime green, orange, pink, brown, video games paraphernalia (Pokemon, final fantasy, tales of), candy, idols in general, man I don't know I guess I like everything that is not in my dislikes? books about communism and anarchism, fantasy related things (fairies, elves, etc), foreign languages, perfume/beauty products in general. black eyeliner in any shape or form, lol.

Dislikes: the colors blue and yellow, american football, baseball

Allergies: apricot, tomatoes, vinegar, that's about it.
Last edited by Pavlova on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby Jessi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:21 am

I wanna be a part of this!

Likes: Stuffed Animals! If your from a different country than one that represents something in your country would be awesome. If in the USA then something from your state... If in NY... then well anything cute I guess XD. Any other souvenir would be cool too! Thats to keep it simple I guess. H!P Related is cool too.

Dislikes: Make up, Jewelry, perfume, sports, cars, action movies.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:15 am

I like getting stuff, especially form perfect strangers. I'll be joining it. ;D

Sorry for the length. I went and rambled on a bit more then I thought I did. Also, I'm new here so hopefully this will help you to get to know me a little better?

My Likes

Hello!Project - Favorite members of H!P are, Sayumi, Reina, Chisato, Airi, Haruna, Ayumi, Both Kanon's, Meimi (without her bangs), Risako, Miyabi, Haruka, and Kana.
Former members include Kago, Fujimoto, Takahashi, Eri, and JunJun.)
My least favorite members are Rina, Dawa, Eripon, Hagi/Mai, and Yurina.
My favorite groups are Morning Musume, C/ute, Buono, S/mileage, and Berryz (In that order).

In general I love Music, I listen to just about anything. I love classic rock, British Pop and Rock bands, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Eric Clapton and Queen. The White Stripes/Jack White, and Florence + The Machine are some other favorites. J-music inlcudes Momoe Yamaguchi, 80s Idol Music (Onyanko Club, Seiko Matsuda, Akina Nakamori, Yukiko Okada, etc.), Namie Amuro, Perfume, Momoiro Clover, Sakura Gakuin, Nogizaka46, AKB48 and It's Club48 (All of the stuffs!) - Sorry this music list sort of doubled in its original size.

Some of my favorite fictional characters of all time are in no particular order. Sailor Saturn (from Sailormoon), Hermione Granger, Severus Snape (from Harry Potter), Doctor Who (1st,4th,9th,10th,11th), Chesire Cat and Mad Hatter (from Alice in Wonderland), Pyocola Analogue III (from DiGi Charat), Tsumugi Kotobuki (from K-on), and Akira Kogami (from Lucky Star).

I don't watch much television or movies but I do love Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Monty Python. Ghibli, Pixar films, Disney and anime.

My favorite art styles include, Steampunk, Realism, Classical, High Renaissance, & Art Nouveau. Alphonse Mucha is my dead lover.
Odd things I like to collect are pocket watches, keys/locks, Japanese erasers, fairies, cute and twistedly cute things, dolls, and figures. I also adore sweet and gothic lolita and Victorian style.

Favorite colors are pink/black, purple, blue/grey, black. But my all time favorite thing is plaid! I love plaid!

Animals I adore are pandas, owls, bunnies, penguins, alpaca, turtles, kitties, doggies, sheep and whatever totoro is. The cuter the better~ :love:

I horde markers, pens, stickers and sketch books. Especially markers. I love them. :heart:

Foods - I like to try unique sweets and or local stuff that I can't find in my area. Foreign/local is the best!
My only issue are raw nuts and seeds. I've got a slight allergy. I also don't care for taffy and caramels.

Oh, and JELLYBABIES! If you can find me jellybabies I will love you, your first born and their first born forever and ever! They are my all time favorite thing in the entire world and I can't find them to save my soul.

Lastly, I think this describes me best. I like quirky and unique things that aren't normal. I like to think one of a kind describes me and my likes. I'm the type of person who goes out of their way to buy a misshapen vegetable at the grocery store because I feel bad for it, even if I don't like the vegetable or fruit. When I'm out, you'll find me collecting rocks or taking pictures of the sky. Nature is so pretty, but insects, they scare the bajesus out of me and I will run away screaming like Takahashi out of a haunted house. :fear:
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 am

OK -- I'm in. XD

I like interesting art/design/craft pieces or just interesting-looking things (traditional and completely non-traditional, dirt-cheap is good, and so are both silly-looking and serious) in any format from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and wherever.

Edit: Use your imagination, your creativity, and your instincts, and whatever the result is, I'm pretty sure I'll like it!

Dislikes: sharp pointy things with dangerous, infectious bacteria all over them, television sitcoms, battery-acid flavored ice-cream, lime jello with cottage cheese in it, almost anything that was very popular in the 70s, the full, 75-hour 5.1 surround recording of Suite for Fingernails and Blackboard, and pepperoni.

I'm allergic to codeine and angel shark, so I think I'm going to have to rule out fillet of angel shark in opium sauce. :mikihead:
Last edited by TotallyUncool on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Starra » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I'd do this, but shipping to NZ is probably expensive D:.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:16 pm

^It's not bad for small/lightweight items.

Speaking of which, I need your NZ address so I can send those H!P VHS tapes...
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Next

Return to Old Announcements