Forum Organization

Read me now, please.

Forum Organization

Postby boinsie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Howdy all! ^^

Several comments have been made recently regarding the organization of the forum, specifically relating to which groups/artists should be discussed under the "Morning Musume" sub-forum.
I wanted to ask, to see what the overall feelings are regarding this... what do you guys think? Would you prefer the MM sub-forum be current H!P-only (MobekimasuEgg)? Current UF*-only (M-line, soloists, etc)? Anything Tsunku's had a hand in (TNX, NGP, etc)? Anything Tsunku's ever had a hand in (Aibon, Gotou, etc)? Free-for-all idol sub-forum (AKB48, Momoclo, etc)?

Not saying anything's gonna change per se... just wanting to get some input to see about making this place the best for errybody. ^^
boinsie
Guru

Re: Forum Organization

Postby Zunu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:57 pm

When this forum first started, that sub-forum was known as "Morning Musume" because that's what it was called on JPM. Then for a brief while it was known as "Tsunku Town." But most people seemed to object to that, so it went back to "Morning Musume." In any event, the subheading under "Morning Musume" says: "Morning Musume, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, Hello!Project, TNX, and more."

Anyway, my personal opinion is that it's okay to discuss anything that has anything to do with Tsunku's acts and/or H!P. Well, almost anything. Like I don't see a problem with discussing Maki Goto. Especially if it relates somehow back to her tenure in Morning Musume. But I think AKB48's Suuchan would probably be too much, unless it had something specifically to do with H!P. On the other hand, I understand that some people feel a compulsion to be super-well-organized that I do not share, so I don't personally have a strong preference one way or another.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Starra » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:08 pm

I think it should be anything Tsunku/UF related. That's pretty much what it is at the moment anyway XD.

And Yuikaori count because they were once part of HAPPY! STYLE which was run by... UFW I think? They're not tied to UF anymore, though.

Personally, I'd be fine with it being a FFA idol forum, but considering how that went over in the past it might not be a good idea :fear: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby DARC1993 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:31 am

I think the Maki Thread should be moved to the "Morning Musume" place.
The other artist is too dead XD

Maybe it's cuz the threads haven't been updated. (like the Maki thread) once I updated it a few people started posting again..
Can I update the Perfume thread?! Or any thread I'm interested in for that matter?
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Postby Moh » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:45 am

Starra wrote:I think it should be anything Tsunku/UF related.

Seconded.

DARC: It'd probably just be better if you made a new thread for them, that way I can get rid of the old one. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby DARC1993 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:47 am

Will do once I get home!!!

Thank you! :D
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:37 am

My own preference would be for the Morning Musume subforum to cover all the Tsunku-related stuff (H!P, NGP, etc.), including artists who used to fall into that category, like Aibon and Maki.

AKB, Momoclo, and their ilk should go in their own threads in the Other Jpop subforum (or in the case of AKB, their own subforum, which already exists but is largely forgotten or ignored.)
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby boinsie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 am

It sounds as though in general everyone's on the same page. Anything Tsunku's ever touched belongs in MM, everything else belongs elsewhere, yeah?

How about a recent issue which has come up, H!P member's siblings? Where should Rina go? Tsunku's never touched her, but she's not prolific enough to need her own thread in the "Other JPop" sub-forum (besides which, she doesn't sing). Maybe a thread of, "Other Persons/Things of H!P Interest" in the MM sub-forum?
boinsie
Guru

Postby Rm88 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:17 pm

I also agree about the MM sub forum being about everything related to Tsunku. And as such, I personally think it'd be a good idea to rename it.
Rm88

Postby DARC1993 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:18 pm

yay! Maki will be in the MM thread! :D
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Next

Return to Old Announcements