Suggestion

Read me now, please.

Re: Suggestion

Postby boinsie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Would it be possible to put the Idols section above the Boogie Train section?
It cheeses me off to have to scroll to get to Morning Musume. XD
boinsie
Guru

Postby Bossy Zunu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:54 pm

boinsie wrote:Would it be possible to put the Idols section above the Boogie Train section?
It cheeses me off to have to scroll to get to Morning Musume. XD

I thought I was the only person who felt that way (even back home), but being as you agree, and you I hold your opinion in such high esteem -- done!

Er, sorry Rikku. :$
Bossy Zunu
Site Admin

Postby skawt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 am

remember that time they added the je forum.
and i kept clicking like the utada hikaru forums for weeks XD.
lolol
skawt
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: my cat

Postby MiserableBastard » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am

Sub forums and their respective sections...

Idol section is good idea, but how we will split hairs as difference between idol and singer/artist is often more or less nonexistent. What is an idol? What is an artist? Photobooks, other promotion photos, age, TV appearances or something completely different? Yes, there are Jpop artists and bands that don't fit that much into idol category as they aren't super produced and often write and compose their stuff... but there is still bands/artists that doesn't produce bubblegum pop but are very close to most features of idol.

I like that random idol sub forum it's nice idea. We could add another for non AKB or H!P idols who do music, but that would add even more useless sub forums. As current userbase seem to be mostly H!P fans here. Lot still follow lot of other artists too.

As an example of forum with massive amount of sub forums could be Aamukampa(a Finnish military site/forum), but that forum has good reason for that massive amount of those. Normally I don't like that feature as it can make forums hard to read and makes posting something somewhere bit hard or random to determine... sometimes that is still nice if reason for amount of sub forums is good.

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Postby Chatin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:59 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the emoticon associated to XD. Because that avatar -> XD certainly isn't the emotion I try to convey when I put those letters down! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Chatin
Minion

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:40 am

It;s sorta my fault that XD shows up as the new weird face, since I had said that I would make a modification for it and then... kinda forgot. DX Would it be possible to just put the original JPM face over the gTalk one? :)
boinsie
Guru

Postby 22Tsuji22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:27 am

Could we change ^_^ to not really have an emoticon associated with it?
22Tsuji22
Acolyte

Postby trezor » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:14 am

Me me me!

I have a suggestion. Since this board is obviously under some admins control which actually bothered setting it up, I suspect they might bother doing a few changes on the server backend as well :P

Could we please please, pretty please, have RSS feeds for threads? Would make the board much easier to follow for us super-busy working people :laugh:
trezor
Initiate

Postby Chatin » Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 am

Chatin wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to change the emoticon associated to XD. Because that avatar -> XD certainly isn't the emotion I try to convey when I put those letters down! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My suggestion has finally been taken seriously. :)
Chatin
Minion

Postby Bossy Zunu » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 am

This is sort of a general response to a pm I received recently about adding instant reply to this board. Yes, I would love to. In fact, I have a few changes I would like to make.

HOWEVER:

As I've mentioned a couple of times already, right now the board is not 100% functional, specifically, I can't install any mods. More specifically, I can install them, but they just don't work.

I'll see about mucking around with one of the instant reply mods anyway to see if I can get it to work, but I'm not hopeful that it will.

At some point, I'll probably have to take the board offline for a little bit and reinstall everything from scratch, but I sort of tried a limited version of that before, and it didn't solve the problem. I have a couple of theories as to why but my phpBB-fu isn't strong enough to understand what the debug/trace error codes mean, so for now the solution may remain an enigma.
Bossy Zunu
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Old Announcements