The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby Denki » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 am

Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:51 am

Spoiler: show
OMG YES!!!! WOW GOOOOO YOOJUNG!!!!! SHE KEEPS GETTING BETTER OMG...I did not make a mistake, she is my #1, always was <3

I did actually see this part but it was during class so I had it on mute xD

Also...how long are we going to keep putting everything in spoilers? xD Is it not a given that people here will discuss spoilers, esp. now that the show is over (or at least the girls have been decided, I heard there's some sort of 4 episode bonus after the final ep, not sure).
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Denki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 am

Well, I was giving others a few days until they catch up and the subs won't be out until thursday. I know AyuHikaru watched it since I saw her post on OneHallyu. :fear:

Anyways, I.O.I will release the MV for "Crush" Today at 12pm KST (around 4 hours from now). They will also digitally release the song for sale. I cant wait to purchase it. XD

Also, I didn't mentioned this but around the end of the show, there were many agencies that weren't too happy that their trainees got too far and MNet had some issues trying to make them happy. I.O.I will release a mini album (instead of 4 digital singles) in May and the girls will only promote it for a month. Afterwards, the girls are free to go back to their groups/trainee program (to promote their group and releases, or make their soon to be group debut) and are welcomed to come back to I.O.I.

Which means that Fantagio (Yoojung, Doyeon), Jellyfish (Sejeong, Mina), and Plediz Girls (Pink, Nayoung) will most likely want to debut their units this year now that the girls don't have to be in I.O.I in 10 months and Chaeyeon can go back to DIA to have a comeback release. They will be taking advantage of the P101 hype and free promo their girls are getting.

This honestly sucks since we've been looking foward towards the 11 member group. It would leave Somi, Sohye, Chungha, and Yeonjung the only ones who might be sticking in for the whole ride. :(

Edit: apparently, Fantagio recently debuted ASTRO and are currently focused on them, so the Fantagio GG won't debut until after I.O.I. So we could expect Yoojung and Doyeon to stay as well. ;a;

----------

Not even 1 week since the group was formed any they already got promotional deals.
Nayoung, Sejeong and Chungha promoting a Soju brand.
Last edited by Denki on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Denki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:54 am

I won't be up to date until the subtitles are released, so I appreciate the spoiler tags. :lol: Though I also realize I could just avoid the thread in general until I'm filled in.

^ Wait, what. Agencies are mad that their trainees became popular enough to make it through to the end or near to the end of the competition? That makes no sense. I know they won't really get money for the work done with the temporary group, but it can only be good in the long run for your trainee to gain interest and build a fanbase that will continue following them.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:31 am

You're talking about this right?
SPOILER Note: It mentions the names of 3 girls who are in the group.
https://mobile.twitter.com/teampd101/st ... 3852856320

For now, I'm taking all this with a grain of salt. Well, specifically, that last bullet point, because the other points I THINK have already been confirmed, like the CF deals which we are already seeing. I'm not sure if the last bullet point is a mistranslation, or if its true, or what, but I really don't like the idea of them just staying for 1 month (if it's true). Like ^ said, it doesn't make sense.

I'm just going to wait and see what actually happens/for official statements before I rage when dumb things happen. But, of course, speculations and talks are unavoidable, and sometimes they end up being not far from the truth.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Denki » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Hopefully it's not true. All we can do is hope for the best for now. :lol:
Denki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Finally. :lol:

This whole time since I hadn't heard it pronounced I thought the group name was just a stylized "101" (which I would have liked more).

I'm generally happy with the final lineup. Would've been a smidge happier if Jeon Soyeon, Park Soyeon, or Hyeri had made it instead of Chaeyeon, but besides that this is still better than I did with TWICE and every season of "American Idol" I ever sat through. Now to go watch the actual group stuff.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Produce 101 Behind the Scenes episode on April 15, 2016 is not new footage, but more of a compilation of the videos they have up online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/teampd101/st ... 8188907520

I'd still watch it though if a raw/subbed comes out cause I feel like I may have missed some lol
jeiwa42
Minion

Previous

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film