Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:02 am

Episode 4 subbed is up! I haven't watched it yet (Only the Raw), so no commentary on the actual dialogue for me XD

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3smty ... 1-subs_fun

There was no updated ranking due to elimination this week, and they took down the voting. They're restarting it on Friday and the votes will be completely reset, none of the old votes will count O.O

Sohye gonna be in the top 11 because of that lol.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Episode 5 Raw: Top 61 (62 and below get eliminated) + fun scenes

This was such a rollercoaster...
Part 1:

Part 2:

Spoiler Alert, me excited about who made it:
Spoiler: show
KIM SOHYE IS 11th :crying:
ARIYOSHI RISA IS ALIVE!!! :grin:
AND THAT OTHER GIRL THAT NAME ESCAPES ME, the one that sang the UI song and made everyone laugh, SHE MADE IT TOO!!! :thumbs-up:
GO UNDERDOGS!!! :grin:
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:20 pm

I hope to watch this once I finish getting my computer back into working order. According to the Wikipedia stuff I've briefly looked at, there are at least two girls that I like right off the bat. One from the second season of "Kpop Star" (which I just recently finished), and another that's a member of the group "As One". Hopefully they haven't been knocked out yet.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Kim Sejoung and Ng Sze Kai (or Shin as she was known in As One) are who you're talking about! And you don't have to worry about either one, Sejoung was always top 2 in the ranking, so never at risk of being eliminated, and Shin was always above 61 in ranking, she she was always safe too!

Speaking of Sejoung on KPOP Star 2, I watched the episode where she was eliminated recently, and I had no idea she could speak English! This just increases my love for her though :love: :heart:
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 pm

LOL at how korea netizens in the thousands are so shocked by Sohye's popularity that they just can't comprehend her success
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... um=twitter

I'm going to keep voting for her till she debuts

she also looks super cool doing Full Moon next week! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu12G4V0S_4
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Aw so much flack for our dear Sohye! If this were like American Idol or something, I would get it, but this is for an idol group, where the pre-requisites for being an idol don't require talent at all lol. They just require a commitment to hard work, and the ability to captivate and interest the public, which Sohye has done. Sure, acting was her thing, but obviously she has an interest in performing now, otherwise she would have dropped out like those other 3 trainees who quit. She works so hard, and actually shows progress (unlike my poor bb Risa lmao), and she's so humble. She knows she's not the best, which is why she cried so much at making top 11, and said that if the people that voted for her see something in her, that she'll keep working hard. Sohye fighting :heart:

What I don't get, is the flack for Kim Sejoung, just because apparently Jelly Fish is under CJ E&M (lol or whatever the companies name is?) Sejoung really is like... S. Korea's Acchan, or Nacchi. It's no wonder to me that she's on top. She just has "it," and is able to appeal to more than just idol fans. Anyway, people are going to be unhappy no matter the final lineup lol. Like with Twice. Like with every season of KPOP Star ever hahaha.

Regarding the rest of the top 11... while I love Cathy and Chaeyeon, it's not fair that they still have DIA to go back to after this. I don't get the hype around Dani (she's like... YoonA around SNSD's debut, I just don't get the appeal) and Pinky I don't get either. She's pretty, so I guess she's coasted this far on visuals alone, but she doesn't really do anything? Kim Nayoung (the final Jellyfish trainee) hasn't gotten much screen time, and has flown under the radar a bit, so that she's ranked so high is weird to me.

I would swap any of those five for Yeunjung (the girl who hit all of the high notes and runs in blue team's "Into the New World") because the group needs some more power vocals. The rest of the lineup I am happy with though lol.

Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 am

Kim Se-jeong is so amazing. To me, aside from being a wonderful performer and really pretty, she seems like a nice and fun person, and that's literally perfect right there.
Kim So-hye, yes, keep going!!! She's that "I will try my hardest, even if I'm not #1, I will be pretty great too!" and she's just so cute xD Perfect underdog cause she CAN manage with enough practice.
Choi Yoo-Jung, I really like her expressions and she's a great dancer and stable singer. She seems like that little timid girl who might seem like nothing special when you look at her just standing there, but completely has a different, outstanding aura when performing.

Park Si-yeon is really pretty, and she hit that high note pretty well in I don't know. She's actually a rapper apparently so I think the top 11 needs someone like her, at least as a sub rapper. I'm rooting for her to get in!
Yu Yeun-jung needs to be lead vocal for top 11, she's so close! Don't knock out Kim So-hye though T.T

By the way, anyone know who that Top 10 center is, the one who kept laughing like crazy, that was so cute xD
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 pm

^ Of the top 10, the only ones that I can think of as laughing a lot would be either Jeon Somi, Kang Mina, or Jeon Soyeon (Cube trainee who does the cute rapping).
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:43 pm

^ Actually I was talking about the segment in episode 5 where they did a poll on the "top 11 visual centers," probably should've made that clearer xD I found her, her name is Lee Suhyun from SS Entertainment, currently at 32. In the Part 2 video I posted up, at 5:00, she was laughing like crazy it was so cute <3

Also, even though you didn't find who I was referring to, you found someone else I was also looking for: Jeon Soyeon! It was driving me nuts cause I've been voting for her without knowing her name, but now I know, so THANK YOU =D
She really is cute, and she's cool, and her rapping skills is great and she seems to have a stable voice and pretty good dancing too from her reevaluation video!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:38 pm

I have watched up through episode 3 (starting episode 4 right after writing this), and as I watched I tried to remember to write down the names of girls that were appealing to me. Though I often forgot and tried to remember a few minutes after, so some of them are probably spelled incorrectly or jumbled a bit. I have no idea if any have been kicked off; I'll check against an actual list later, but it's already 5:30 a.m. and I want to finish ep4.

The only girl I wouldn't be sad to see go at this point is Chanmi. She bothered me in Co-Ed and she still bothers me here. Using the same excuse twice to (seemingly) save face for not being the best in the room is annoying. I want her to accept it with no backtalk and resolve to do better. Edit: Nevermind, Woojung (?) can go with her.

Girls I like, no particular order.

Jeon Soyeon
Kim Doyeon
Kim Soyhe
Kim Chungah
Ariyoshi Risa
Yu Yeunjung
Kang Mina
Somi
Kim Sejoung
Park Soyeon
Shin/Ng Sze Kai

Edit: Watching episode 5, Chanmi redeemed herself for me a little bit. I'm still not thrilled with her, but at least I'm not bothered that she's still around. I also realized there was someone I completely forgot to add to my list of liked girls, so I went back and tossed her name in. Happy to see that all of them managed to make it to the next challenge. That's probably a record for me and talent-based shows. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film