Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:37 pm

My Song Ranking:

1) Don't Matter - cool, cute, and catchy, with amazing vocal and rap parts, I love it
1) In the Same Place - it's pure, sweet, and has that vocal high note + adlibs that I just love (probably why I'm a Gfriend fan lol Yuju <3)
3) Yum Yum - it's fun and quirky, has a cool rap, the sound is unique with different parts of the song sounding different from one another yet still connects well
4) 24 Hours - it's such an upbeat, fun song, but seems a bit repetetive
5) Fingertips - I really really really love the chorus for this, it's super catchy, and Stone Nayoung's rap <3, but I don't feel the rest of the song because it's so slow. I sped up the song on my Android, and the song is a lot better to me at 110% speed.

That being said, I like all 5 songs, I've had all 5 of these songs on repeat for almost a week, and I probably will keep replaying all 5 for awhile xD
----
My favorites Yoojung, Sejeong, and Sohye are all pretty much guaranteed top 11

My current underdog favorite is Lee Suhyun. I want to see her at least make it to top 22 (today's elimination is from 35 to 22, and she was 35th last elimination). I've noticed her since the first elimination episode where she went ballistically laughing when she was picked as top 10 best visual by the 101 girls. She's cute, fun, pretty, and I did not expect it but she has a good voice and she had great presence and expression in Don't Matter, so I'm rooting for her to make it past today! Fighting!

I'm happy Kwon Eunbin is debuting. Tbh I didn't really notice her that much, even after the news that she's debuting (which is the first time I learned about her actually lol) but in Don't Matter her cute monologue was really striking, and she's really cute/pretty.

Kim Juna, I love her, she's a positive energy and funny, plus that amazing voice, but she really does give off a soloist vibe, and I feel she would do much better in that setting than in the idol world.

----Edit: Ep 10 Aired----
Spoiler:
Spoiler: show
OMG LUU SUHYUN MADE IT AT RANK 22!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
EP 10 (The 3rd elimination episode) aired a few hours ago.
Eunbin was rank 35 and Juna was in the 30s as well, they're gone as suspected.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Just finished episode 10. Spoilered just in case people are behind.

I lost two girls from my Top 11 and one from my Sub Favorites. I'm sad about Shin and Siyeon, but at the very least I'm pretty sure I'll see Shin again in As One. :lol:

Since two spots were opened, I had to move some Sub names into my final Top 11.

Final Top 11
Jeon Soyeon
Kim Sohye
Kim Sejoung
Kang Mina
Kim Chungah
Park Soyeon
Han Hyeri
Pinky
Kim Doyeon
Somi
Yu Yeunjung

Sub Favorites
Im Nayoung (It's closer to 50/50 between her and Pinky, I like them equally.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:32 pm

While Pinky has a lot of factors that should make me like her, for some reason, at first, I though that she seemed a little fake/overacting. Maybe she's just so perfect that it almost seems impossible and my mind rejected that with "no, don't fall for her, she's just acting cute and fun." But now she is also my sub favorite.

I feel really bad for her though cause she has like the worst luck. She lost #1 dancer status in her position evaluation group because of Sohye's popularity, she missed the chance to be center for both Pick Me and I Don't Know performance, she volunteered to leave Fingertips trying to go to In The Same Place but ended up in 24 Hours and got last place, (ep 10 spoilers)
she's dropped all the way down in the ranks when she was doing really well for most of the show, and she even lost the position she originally picked for the debut evaluation. What I really liked though was that she didn't seem to mind losing her place and she also seemed to have thought ahead and had a 2nd choice in mind, which she got the girl who took her spot to place her sticker in another position she wanted.

I'm really happy Suhyun got so many votes. Heck, Sira, who was built up from her high note in the My Best performance, only got around 6,000 votes without the 20k bonus, but Suhyun managed with I think around 14,000 just with her Dont Matter performance. It would be like the most dark horse story ever if she landed in the group/top 11 xD
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Denki » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:18 am

Auntie will be making her solo debut in April! ;u;
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 am

OMG THAT'S GREAT!!! SOLO ALBUM, WOOHOO!!!

For some reason, I feel like this is really going to be her gateway to variety haha She'll get invited into shows for album promotions but then people will see how funny she is and end up promoting herself as quite the character. But, I will say, she sings pretty well, pretty much the one vocally carrying in 24 Hours, and not a bad dancer either iirc.

GOOOOO AUNTIE!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 am

Awww, yay. Good for her. She was funny, so I hope her music reflects that a little bit. The variety circuit does seem like the perfect place for her though. :lol:

jeiwa42: Ep10 Pinky:
The move to one vote per person changed things more than I expected, especially with her. :lol: I didn't expect her to drop at all, but now that you can only vote for one person each day I imagine you'd push your one vote straight to your most favorite, and though she's in almost all of the personal Top 11 lists I've seen floating around she's hardly ever at the very top. Not that it really means anything since I've only seen an exceptionally small selection of lists, but it's interesting to see those extra 10 votes no longer at work.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:22 am

Just watched the episode.

I thought I.O.I. was an April Fools joke. It was real. @_@

I didn't liked the first new song. I do like Crush.

I'm soo happy Sohye made it. :love: And I'm satisfied with the line-up.

Group members:
11. yoo yeonjung
10. im nayoung
9. kang mina
8. kim doyeon
7. jung chaeyeon
6. jie qiongzhou (pinky)
5. kim sohye
4. kim chungha
3. choi yoojung
2. kim sejeong
1. jeon somi
Denki

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Thoughts on the final lineup:
This group's visuals are amazing xD
I'm glad Yeunjung got in because then I would've been a bit ehh on the group, vocally. Yeah, Sejoung can sing really well, I love her voice, but for me she's more lead vocal material as opposed to Yeunjung who is more main vocal with her easy to hit, powerful high notes. The only kpop group I really know is Gfriend, and from them, I like the idea of having a Yuju-like main vocal high noter in a girl group and Yeunjung fits that position perfectly.

If she didn't get in, I'm sure the group would've been fine with Sejoung as the main vocal, but I guess the lead vocal would have to go to Somi/Chungha/Pinky, who have all shown a bit of vocals, but not a lot since they chose dance during their position evaluation, and actually the entire group except Sejoung & Yeunjung picked dance, which makes having those two in the group perfect.
Which brings me up to my next point, this group has a lot of capable dancers, so there's no problem there.
Im Nayoung as the only trained rapper, one is more than enough for this group probably, so I'm also glad she got in.

Overall, this group pretty much has it all. Could argue that more rappers/vocals could've been added, but I think most of the girls here are all around-ers. Visuals and dance level is high, vocals and rap are covered, and we have Sohye and Yoojung for cuteness/as stan attractors!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Denki » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Yeah. I really like Yeunjung's vocals and was hoping she gets in. After Kang Mina was announced, which I saw as a "cute" member, I was already crossing my fingers for Yeunjung. As much as I like Hyeri, I felt like Mina already took the spot that Hyeri would have filled. :U

Speaking of "rappers," Yoojung completely surprised me. If they need second rapper, she's completely capable of doing the job.

At least the girls have a month of practice before they release their first single. So I wouldn't worry too much yet.

My baby Sohye tho. ;a; I love idols that I can "watch them grow" and can't wait for the Sohye in Dec 2016/Jan 2017.
Denki

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:20 am

I keep seeing comments on my fave Yoojung being a good rapper, is it because of a performance in ep 10? I didn't get to fully watch the live stream because I was in class + commuting home at the time of the episode, so the first half I saw (but had on mute) the ep, then some part of the 2nd half I missed, and the final part I got to watch only from Chungha's ranking. But that's great news because then we have a main (Nayoung) and lead (Yoojung) rappers now! This group really IS perfect haha
Yeah, Mina pretty much covers cute but isn't awkward if put in a sexy setting (Say My Name team).
jeiwa42
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film