Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby Denki » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:13 pm

It was just for this round. They removed it after episode 8 aired (back to 1 person).
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:31 pm

OMG we can only vote for 1 instead of 5, 5 never even happened, it was 11 this entire time, yikes!!!

Competition gets tense now that there's only 35 left...

---Update---
I've decided, if I have to vote for one girl, it's Choi Yoo Jung (the Pick Me center)!
Watching episode 8, she was so cute, though I'm still not sure why she decided to go ahead and volunteer to be the main singer (if that's what she did, I'm not even sure).
Also, episode 7, she sure made an impact during her center moment in Bang Bang, her expressions are always on point!
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm really happy most of my top 11 is still around after ep8. I'm sad to lose Risa since I liked her a lot, more than some others in my top 11, but it felt lucky enough that she made it through the first time. I think most of my sub/backup favorites even made it.

I'm not sure which of the sub favorites I like enough to move into my Top 11 now that Risa is gone. I'm also still undecided on keeping Yeunjung in my top 11; we'll see next episode. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:24 pm

If it wasn't for that Juna vs Yeunjung incident, I wouldn't really be questioning her being a favorite either...
I'm disappointed that the &August girl who auditioned with that IU song didn't make it. She had such good vocals and amazing harmonization during Day by Day (Haru Haru).
I also felt sad Risa left, though yeah, I agree, I guess it was a miracle to being with that she made it past the first elimination.
Also, Jeon Soyeon ='( Poor girl got hate on her looks...I personally find her cute yet cool and I think that's a rare combo right there. Amazing rapper too, though I guess that goes without saying lol

It's really hard for me to pick a top 11, but I definitely know that my top 3 are Choi Yoojung, Kim Sejoung, and Kim Sohye. These 3 have basically avoided any possible evil editing and they all just seem like nice, talented, hard working girls.

Other girls I like but not as much and are occasionally iffy are:
Kang Mina, Jeon Somi, Jeon Soyeon,
Park Soyeon, Park Siyeon, Im Nayoung,
Kim Nayoung, Kim Chungha, Kim Doyeon,
Ng Sze Kai (Shin), Zhou Jieqiong (Pinky), Yu Yeonjung

Similar names, gets confusing doesn't it xD
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 pm

^ That's exactly why I'm iffy with Yeunjung now. :lol: I know she tried to be less greedy during episode 8, but the way she went about it didn't really sit well with me either. It could just be that I read into the situation incorrectly, but.. eh. I'll give it another episode. She's in italics-land for now.

Soyeon's looks were definitely the first thing that made me pay attention, especially her smile and the way her mouth works with the rest of her face (which doesn't sound as nice when written out, but something about her just.. looks cool). I was relieved when she turned out to be a decent performer, and I think she's the most fun of all the rappers.

Renewed Top 11 (a little bit of order, but nothing totally solid)
Jeon Soyeon
Kim Sohye
Kim Sejoung
Kang Mina
Kim Chungah
Park Soyeon
Ng Sze Kai (Shin)
Park Siyeon
Kim Doyeon
Somi
Yu Yeunjung

Sub/Backup Favorites (So short now. :lol:)
Kim Hyeongeun
Han Hyeri
Pinky
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I know she tried to be less greedy during episode 8, but the way she went about it didn't really sit well with me either.

This exactly! I feel like all she needed to do was go about trying to be main vocal in a good way, as in, be a good sport if you don't get it.

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Soyeon's [...] smile and the way her mouth works with the rest of her face (which doesn't sound as nice when written out, but something about her just.. looks cool). [...] I think she's the most fun of all the rappers.

I agree! She has a nice smile and she is very unique looking (in a good way).

Han Hyeri! I'm glad she started popping out more thanks to Me Gustas Tu. Her solo chorus during the practice infront of the teachers + other vocal groups was so cute!
jeiwa42
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Initially it was that really cute moment in one of the "Hot Issue" performances that made me curious, but not enough to really look up who did it. Then I watched the "Me Gustas Tu" performance and Hyeri (along with Park Siyeon) pushed me into realizing I even had sub/backup favorites. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Just finished watching episode 9. I don't have much to say on individual girls (my rankings haven't really changed), but I will say that I appreciated the way Yeunjung handled herself this episode.

I did rank the songs as I watched, but that has nothing to do with the girls themselves.

1. 24 Hours (Not only do I like this song the most, but the performance easily seemed like the most fun.)
2. In the Same Place
3. Fingertips
4. Don't Matter
5. Yum-Yum (This song was annoying, but I like the idea behind the lyrics.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:17 pm

I decided to stop lurking about Produce 101 and started to watch it. :fear:
So far, Sohye is my favorite. :love:

Also, there are two members that are suspected to be eliminated in ep 10:
Spoiler: show
Kwon Eunbin - her company already posted the full "High Heels" music video, which they said they were going to post when she gets eliminated or wins.
Kim Juna - her company already lists her as a soloist.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Denki:
Spoiler: show
Seeing as Kwon Eunbin already has a guaranteed spot waiting for her, I wouldn't mind as much if she didn't make it (I realize this is hypocritical since, as far as I can tell [I could be mistaken], Shin is just "on break" as a member of As One). I could go either way on Kim Juna, I don't like or dislike her.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film