Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:18 am

Just watched Episode 6 raw and just tidbits (no specifics)

There's a bit of drama about being center in the new groups (kinda expected, even last time there was) and since this episode only got up to the singing teams, determining who is the better singer to be center for the group got a little bit dramatic. But omg, be prepared for amazing performances, like half these girls who I haven't noticed till now are suddenly popping out more, showing their vocal talent, because there's less people. Speaking of less people, only 35 people will be left after this round (we went from 101 to 61 to 35...yikes...)

^ I pretty much like everyone on your list. Just not that big on Kim Doyeon and Kim Chungha, and I have no idea who Park Soyeon is, but I do like Park Siyeon from Pledis, close enough? xD

-----Episode 6 Raw-----
Part 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uh22 ... 26-hd-1_tv

Part 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uh22 ... 26-hd-2_tv
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm trying to work out a more proper ranking of them, to figure out which girls I like the most. It's proving difficult since I haven't -quite- put face to name for all of them just yet. Most of them are easy, but I found myself confusing a few of them more than once during episodes 4 and 5.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:49 pm

I don't watch this, but it might be worth nothing that Kwon Eun Bin (CUBE) is making her debut in CLC.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 am

I'm happy for her! Any extra girls that get to debut outside of this I am happy for lol. Though for the time being it seems they've edited Eunbean/bin out of the promos and MV. Probably just until her time with produce 101 is up.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 am

Eripon kinda reminds me of Kang Yebin.

Also please vote my baby Kang Siwon so she doesn't get eliminated. She's an independent trainee and isn't with an agency but she has so much potential so i hope an agency like pledis picks her up ; _____ ;
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm

She's always in my top 11! After having watched this latest subbed ep though, I may take Yeunjung out of my top 11, what a spoil sport. The team voted fair and square on who should be their center, she didn't need to mope and torpedo the whole team during practice like that. I guess it was for the best though, because they managed to pull together a great perf, but still.

Anyhow, MNet has solo cams up for the remaining dance and rap performances airing later today. And I gotta say that so far, going by the solo cams, the choreo for the dance teams is pretty lack luster. Say My Name is a yawn. Growl doesn't have the same impact and they took out the floor sweep move, and the Full Moon team looks like they're wearing unflattering bags and doesn't have the same precision as SunMi (which is the entire point of Full Moons dance, and makes it interesting to watch to begin with!). Bang Bang is therefore the best dance team by default, but that routine definitely was not their best. Chungah does what she can with the material, and augh Somi's voice on the backing track... just... yikes. Hopefully she is just visuals if she makes the group.

Rhythm Ta and Turtle are the best rap performances, the slow song was just boring lol. I couldn't be bothered.

Regarding the vocal teams, I am surprised at how high Kang Sira was ranked! But good for ha! Right behind Sejoung. All of the vocal performances were great, but Haru Haru, Yanghwa Bridge and the trio that sang Exo stood out to me the most. The Me Gustas Tu team was adorable, but I don't care for the song lol (or that SiYeon won first place). I have a love/hate relationship with Big Bang so I was on the fence about MONSTER, but the girls harmonies were great. Chanmi redeemed herself! At this point I feel she'd make a better soloist though.

Yanghwa Bridge though... that song is so beautiful lol. I was tearing up like Kahi when Sejoung was pouring her heart and soul out, ugh. :heart: I can't listen to that song now without getting misty lol the lyrics are so good.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:46 pm

As nice as most of them ended up sounding, I didn't much care for the majority (one or two were exciting) of the song options given to the Vocal teams. Because of that I really do hope there's something more for me in the Rap and Dance performances, even if they aren't the best overall.

Daisuki Daiiyo: I was pretty annoyed with Yeunjung too, and really disappointed since initially I didn't care for her. She didn't end up in my favorites until a few episodes went by. Definitely a drop in my personal rankings; hopefully she learned something.

During episode 6 I found myself with sort of sub/backup favorites. I don't like them quite as much as my Top 11, but they've caught my attention between the two performances so far. Obviously incomplete since I haven't seen the Rap and Dance stuff yet, but as of Ep6:

Sub/Backup Favorites:
Han Hyeri
Park Siyeon
Yoon Seo Hyeung
Kim Yeonkyung
Pinky
Kim Hyeongeun

Ep7 Edit: I just finished watching episode 7. I'm pleased that I found this one far more entertaining than the Vocals section/episode 6, and I've added two names (Pinky, Kim Hyeongeun) to my Sub/Backup favorites list. This episode is the first where I've understood any kind of appeal from Pinky, since rather than pretty "like a doll" she kind of creeps me out; but she seemed like a lot of fun in the rehearsal footage. Kim Hyeongeun is partially here because something about her reminds me of Niigaki.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:50 pm

yeah Im not team Yeunjung either. people are only voting for her because of her voice but I like Kang Sira better now.
Doyeon ranking so high in the dance performance was total bs CHUNGHA WAS ROBBED

I don't want any of the girls to get eliminated I'm enjoying the show as it is right now. There a few nobodies with bad personalities that can go though.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:39 pm

So, apparently, in Round 3 of the voting, we'll only get to pick 5 instead of 11 girls.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/ ... ing-system

Definitely Kim Sejoung, Kim Sohye, and Choi Yoo Jung for me. As for the other two...mhmm...Kang Mina and...mhmm...not sure about who's my fifth...probably Somi for now.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Only 5? I'm not voting, just watching and hoping, but that's still a difficult cut. At least give 'em an extra .5 vote to split it evenly. :lol:

I don't even know if I could force my list down to 5. I could work with 6, maybe. Even then I feel a bit off. If I were voting, this might be how mine would have ended up (with extra #6):
Jeon Soyeon
Kang Mina
Kim Sohye
Kim Sejoung
Ng Sze Kai

Ariyoshi Risa
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film