Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Produce 101 Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Produce 101 is a Korean Reality Show on Mnet that's currently airing. It's concept is letting the viewers decide 100% who's going to be let into the next Asian Sensation Girl Group. 101 girls across many different companies are competing for 11 spots and the group will run for one year. The voting isn't locked to Korea, as long as you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can vote!

How to vote under spoilers:
Spoiler: show

As of right now, no one has been eliminated! You still have a chance to get your favorite girl into the group!

Contestants (Warning: LARGE IMAGE):
Spoiler: show

Notable Contestants:
Jeon Somi - from the JYP reality show "Sixteen" which was ridiculously popular. She's probably the clear favorite to win.
Hae Chamni - from the group "Co-ed School" and "5dolls" which are currently disbanded.
Cathy - Member of the girl group DIA, currently on "Hiatus" from the group
Jung Chaeyoen - Member of the girl group DIA, currently on "Hiatus" from the group
Shin (Ng Sze Kai) - Member (Former member?) of the Hong Kong Based Chinese group ASONE.
Park Soyeon - Made it into the top 8 of Kpopstars 2.
Kim Joo Na - In some major ass scandal right before the show started where it was revealed she was the Half-Sister of some famous actor and it was a big deal

Episode List:
Episode One (Subbed): http://ikshow.net/shows/produce-101/episode-1/
Episode Two (Subbed): http://ikshow.net/shows/produce-101/episode-2/
Episode Three (Subbed): http://ikshow.net/shows/produce-101/episode-3/
Episode Four (Subbed): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3smty ... 1-subs_fun
\

CURRENT RANKING AS OF FEBRUARY 5th:

LET'S TALK ABOUT IT.
Last edited by AyuHikaru on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:35 am

321BreakinOut wrote:*otaku_blue voice* Slaayyyy :inlove:

yesss
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:38 am

I just finished watching Episode 3 and it made me vote for a lot of different girls this week. I think Episode 3 did a much better job showcasing as many girls as possible, whereas 1 and 2 really only focused on a few.
So this week I'll be voting for:

1. Jeon Somi (JYP)
Obvious bias is obvious. But I started watching this show for her, I'm seeing this to the end!

2. Shin (CBJ)
Shin really pulled me in in Episode 2. She's so unique looking and really talented. It was just cemented in Episode 3 and she may get my votes permanently. I mean, LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS IN ASONE:

3. Kim Sohye (REDLINE)
I mean... she's not trained like the rest of them but I think she has a lot of potential. Her singing voice isn't bad and she did actually get the dance down in her Evaluation. There's also a gif floating around of her actually dancing pretty well. I always gotta root for the underdog man, last time it was Somi so this is really weird for me!

4. Kim Chungha (M&H)
Beautiful and possibly one of the best dancers there. She also seems super nice. She absolutely deserves to be in this dumb group.

5. Kim Minji (Kconic)
Not even on my radar till Episode 3, but she pulled off 2ne1's "Fire" so well.

6. Kim Juna (Musick)
Scandal aside, she really stepped up in Episode 3. Girl could not dance at all, AT ALL, when this started, but watching her "Fire" performance, she danced pretty well! I was happy to see her improve so quickly - cuz seriously, watch her "Pick Me" evaluation then watch her "Fire" performance. It's night and day.

7. Park Gaeul (ASTORY)
So basically just voting for that ENTIRE team at this point, but she slayed the dance she did for "Fire".

Those are my definite votes for this week. I dropped the Jellyfish girls this week even though I still love them. Kim Sejeong is only behind Somi by a small amount of votes and the Somi fan in me has to stay loyal!
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 am

Watching episode 2, I'm rooting for:
Kim Sohye (she's in rank 16??? omg I am so happy for her!!!)
Choi Yoo Jung (that dang charisma from the Pick Me M countdown performance, I didnt know she started as F o.o)
Shin (she's just so cute and super talented, she really does give a positive/healthy energy like JKS said)
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:06 am

Sohye is actually ridiculously popular, someone surmised that just in popularity she's probably in the top 10. I don't doubt she's going to end up in the top 11 at some point and a bunch of people are gonna hate it. But, to me, you need someone like Sohye in these kinds of shows. She JUST talented enough to get away with being there (Unlike say, Ariyoshi Risa who is just... bad) and way too likeable and relatable to get rid of right away.

People are stating to say she looks like Sohee from Wondergirls. Ironic (HEH) because she's singing "Irony" next week with Korean Maachan.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:20 am

Can you teach me how to vote please AyuHikaru? I tried logging on with twitter but I never got an e-mail or through to writing down a password? :s

Initially I was rooting for Sohye but I'm not sure if she's skilled enough to make it to the final 11. I mean at least the IU girl can sing, so I'm wondering if supporting Sohye is worth it in the long run in terms of having a good group?

Kim Chungha needs so much love! Her split in Push Push was fire

I thought Kang Mina was more like Maachan. Kim Sejong is such a nice and kind angel, I'm glad she's doing well. I never got the impression she was mischievous at all.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:44 am

I didn't get one either, it just auto connects to your facebook/twitter and that's how you long in forever. No password needed. I did it through my Facebook, so I dunno if you're having trouble with Twitter. I'd check the site to see if your logged in though: http://mnettv.interest.me/produce101/main.dbp If you see logout in the top right corner, you're in.

As for calling Sejong Korean Maachan, if you look, it's her in the first episode pushing her teammates to be more talkative and outgoing. She's the one who telling them to sit at the top, she's the one who tells Somi she's a fan. She just doesn't have a care in the world and isn't intimidated by this at all, but works hard and has the talent to back up her goofiness. That's why I call her Korean Maachan. Mina kind of reminds me of someone in H!P A LOT and I haven't put a finger on who yet.

I think Sohye is pretty okay talent wise, her voice isn't bad. Someone made this gif of her of a fancam recently and she was pretty good!

And when she's all dolled up her visuals are great.

EDIT: It's AIBON! MIna reminds me of Aibon XD
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:25 am

i mean, i'd totally watch it... but who has an hour per episode? *^*
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:00 pm

I was on my phone using Google Chrome when I voted, doing the whole "would you like Google to translate the website to English" actually did really good translation (cept for their names) and I got through the whole login & registration process that way.
^ It's entertaining to watch, you won't notice the time.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:30 pm

^^
its actually really entertaining and I mean we go through hour episodes of Music+, Green Room and Hello Station (formerly known) so its not that bad.

Thank you AyuHikaru! I got to vote for the first time, it was really easy! :D Seeing Sohye in that GIF gives me hope, I hope she's still in the competition because I still want to see how her and other F girls progress.

It's weird to think that these are the most popular/well known girls, and it'll just be another 6 most likely at the end.

Chanmi's chances are pretty much over though or she'll have to make a really good comeback.

Another thing that's weird to me is that these episodes were filmed a while ago but they've already gone through eliminations? So does that mean their appearances in recent have included eliminated girls?

ALSO HAN HYERI IS SO ADORABLE WHAT A CUTIE. I identify with her since we're the same age and she was like "I'm young and look weak" like same.

I really enjoyed the other INTNW with the Starship girl, it was such an uplifting performance that made me think "ah, this is why I love idols its so refreshing and comforting". I was Yoojung when she started crying during the performance LOL.

I do think that since she and the other Starship girls all probably didn't debut with Cosmic Girls because they're not "kpop ideal visuals" like heck even Red Velvet WHO ARE VERY SKINNY get so much crap for their weight all the time. So it'll be hard on her to lose more weight off her body. For Jihyo from Twice, she's under constant pressure to keep her weight down and fat off her face. So it's possible to debut as a chubby girl, but it's a really hard compromise to take up imo.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Next

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film