GLEE! 10/04 - 4x04 - "The Break-Up"

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

GLEE! 10/04 - 4x04 - "The Break-Up"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:07 am

A thread for Glee!
Last edited by Bakajo Nono on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Re: GLEE! 10/04 - "Asian F"

Postby erilaz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Spoiler: show
"An A minus is an Asian F." Brilliant! XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Re: GLEE! 10/04 - "Asian F"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:26 pm

I have like four different places where I talk about Glee, and I talk about something different each place, but here goes since erilaz kind of brought it up xD

Glee has some of the most awesome dialogue ever sometimes and it can be really hilarious.

They also have some of the most facepalm-inducing awkawk dialogue as well xD

I love Kurt and Blaine. They are so perfect for each other, but WHY DOES BLAINE GET ALL OF THESE STUPID FUCKING LINES "You always zig when I think you're about to zag~~" That is so... not... what a person his age would say xD Who says that? Who talks like that?

Other crappy Blaine lines:
"Just so you know, Rachel, I'm off the clock. I'm not a Warbler right now, I'm not even wearing my uniform." - Blame it on the Alcohol
We should hope you wouldn't wear your uniform to a party. Did that really need to be said? I'm sure she wasn't assuming you were there to spy on them. I think the writers just put it in so that they could indirectly say LOOK HE'S NOT WEARING HIS UNIFORM OOOOOOOOOOOOH.

And I might get hate for this, but I didn't even like some of his dialogue before the kiss. "Why did you pick me to a duet with?" "There's a moment, Kurt... when you say to yourself..." Yikes. "You move me Kurt and this duet was just an excuse to spend more time with you," was cute AND TO THE POINT, but the little bit before that made me cringe and was completely unneccessary.

And then we have that golden line in Original Song where he compares the death of a bird to Kurt's mother's funeral. Gee...

Other crappy dialogue include anything Rachel and Quinn ever say to each other from Season 2 onwards xD Their relationship made sense in Season 1, but then Season 2 Rachel somehow manages to delude herself into thinking Quinn is her friend and Quinn is just insane. Again Original Song... (gee, I have serious issues with the dialogue in this episode lol) "YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, RACHEL. AND YOU CAN'T HATE ME FOR SENDING YOU ON YOUR WAY. BLAHBLAH YOU'LL NEVER /GET IT RIGHT/ (~foreshadowing~)"

Because seriously? When did Quinn and Rachel EVER have that type of dynamic? It just... didn't make sense.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Re: GLEE! 11/01 - "Pot O' Gold"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:11 am

Why was Finn so meeeeeeeeeeeeeean ;.;

Yay Brittana!

YAY BURT MAN GO BURT BURT IS THE BEST.

Is it bad that I kind of like... uh... Shuck? I guess is their ship name? Although Puck/Lauren were the best D< I love Shelby.

However, it is quite inappropriate and like illegal and stuff so idk idk.

And omg the promo. KLAINE KISSES EVERYWHERE.

And Finn telling Will the pedo about his sex life. Gross.

BUT KLAINE!
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Re: GLEE! 11/08 - "The First Time"

Postby Chatin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:10 am

Show just keeps getting worse. It's like Heroes all over again. They promise new students/heroes, we get some in season 2, and they waste them, and then ditch them all at the end of the season. Season 3 starts, and they aren't even bothering anymore, just introducing ridiculous leprechauns..

Also, the song selection has been less than stellar, this season. Are we supposed to think that Shelby's glee group is competition? Brit and Santana are ridiculously talented, but the performance was completely ruined by the fact that Mercedes is a diva with a great voice but no performance skills.

Finally, the show is doing everything it can to ruin Blaine. Has went from being one of the best characters to the most annoying. And with Kurt and Will around, that's a huge accomplishment. Quinn ain't much better, and she ain't pulling off the crazy at all. So boring. Bring back Teri.
Chatin
Minion

Re: GLEE! 11/08 - "The First Time"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 pm

And the practice of putting really shitty lines into otherwise perfect scenes continues! I would be so okay with this if it wasn't Kurt and Blaine's scenes. WHY IS IT ALWAYS THEIR SCENES?

The First Time. Truly a beautiful episode.

Except.

And this is a good one.

A very choked up Kurt telling Blaine he wanted to be his "gay bar superstar".

I'm not very hip and with it, so I can't tell if this is some sort of pop culture reference to Har Mar Superstar or if it was, in fact, what urbandictionary described it as:

"A homosexual man or drag queen who is at the gay bar/clubs on every possible occasion and believes that his popularity at the gay bar somehow gives him social status. The Gay Bar Super Star usually holds a meaningless, low wage job during the day, such as a convenience store clerk or McDonald's drive through attendant. "

Either way, I'm pretty sure Kurt was making every effort to be neither of those things so congrats on lying to your boyfriend's face while he's making an otherwise beautiful apology!

Seriously, these writers are out to get me.

No but really, other than that, I truly thought the episode was perfect. So lovely. All the storylines were great. Klaine, Finchel, Beiste, Artie, Mike and Tina were great. Santana was great vocally. Sebastian was just perfection. Karofsky's return was nice too. And the way they used the WSS scenes was wonderfully done as well. I'm surprised at this episode's lower ratings.

Also Blaine's new obsession with being considered an artist was tickling.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Re: GLEE! 11/15 - "Mash-Off"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 am

SEBASTIAN DESERVES HIS OWN POST.
Yes, he's terrible. But he's so interesting. Everything he says is just to mess with the person he's talking to. I think he's so fascinating xD and his face is so expressive. Loveeee it.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Re: GLEE! 11/29 - "I Kissed A Girl"

Postby 22Tsuji22 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:33 pm

I didn't know we had a Glee thread! WHOOPS! XD

I am still really happy with Glee ~~<3 Sometimes I am like "really?..." -.-;

Slightly annoyed at how little scenes Damian McGinty has had. His 7(?) episodes pretty sure he had maybe 10lines it seemed. So annoying!! GRR
22Tsuji22
Acolyte

Re: GLEE! 11/15 - "Mash-Off"

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 am

Bakajo Nono wrote:SEBASTIAN DESERVES HIS OWN POST.
Yes, he's terrible. But he's so interesting. Everything he says is just to mess with the person he's talking to. I think he's so fascinating xD and his face is so expressive. Loveeee it.
Is this the guy that's Waldo in your avatar? Why is he Waldo?
wotakubrandon

Re: GLEE! 11/29 - "I Kissed A Girl"

Postby Bakajo Nono » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 pm

It is, yes! He was in an independent film called Waldo And the Absolutely Amazing Afternoon... which a grand total of about 40 people have seen before it disappeared into the abyss of failed independent films. xD For the record, I've seen the trailer, and it looks really cute.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Next

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film