Postby Bakajo Nono » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Merlin just keeps getting better <33435435

Do any of you guys watch it?
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Re: General TV Thread

Postby marippeTakacrotchi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 am

The Walking Dead premiere is tonight. I'm catching up on season 1 before I watch it. On episode 6 now so I'll be watching the premiere in about a half hour. Yay! :rofl: :mikihead: :clap:
marippeTakacrotchi
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 pm

"Miracle Day", the fourth series of Torchwood, showed up on Netflix. Just finished the second episode. Excellent so far, even if it's not as much of a gut punch as "Children of Earth" was.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 pm

^ Just finished the sixth episode (of ten). It has gone downhill fast.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:50 am

^ It got better by the end. :)

If they'd cut it down to a shorter series like "Children of Earth", maybe cut some of the middle filler episodes, then the whole thing would be so much better. I blame the partnership with Starz and the consequent Hollywood-ification of the story.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:40 pm

I've been watching a lot of classic TV shows since I discovered Me-TV on the local airwaves. Lost in Space is on right now. Ah, nostalgia!
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:32 am

I enjoy watching Svengoolie, on Saturdays right after Lost in Space. Last night he hosted Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman. :fear:
I also like watching The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple and Twilight Zone on weekday nights... XD
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:35 am

I've watched Svengoolie the past couple of weeks. Last week he showed Dr. Cyclops.

KOFY in the Bay Area actually has competing horror movie shows on Saturday nights. Svengoolie is on Channel 20.2 at 10 pm, whereas Channel 20.1 has Creepy KOFY Movietime, hosted by Balrok and No Name, at 11 pm, so there's a one-hour overlap. I like their shtick better than Svengoolie's, but ultimately the movie is the deciding factor.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 am

I always end up falling asleep in the middle, anyway. I stayed around long enough in Dr Cyclops for the visitors to be shrunken, but didn't see many of their antics.
The week before I was up long enough for the beggar to take advantage of the dumb girl.
Last night I was up later, but even then I only lasted to see whatshisface trying to get Doctor Frankenstein's diary from his daughter. I also skipped some bits in there... so I wasn't 100% sure what was going on. According to the internet's synopsis there was going to be a showdown between Wolfman and Frankenstein's monster? Whereas I had thought that he was looking for Frankenstein's diary to maybe reverse his Wolfman status. Or something.
I clearly don't pay total attention to these things. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:10 am

boinsie wrote:Last night I was up later, but even then I only lasted to see whatshisface trying to get Doctor Frankenstein's diary from his daughter. I also skipped some bits in there... so I wasn't 100% sure what was going on.

It's not like there was a fully coherent plot to begin with. The Wikipedia summary is considerably clearer than the movie itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenste ... ot_summary
erilaz
Lazarus

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film