General TV Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: General TV Thread

Postby boinsie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:20 am

Ahhh, I see.
Y'know, Wolfman, if I were trying to kill myself I would have tried drowning pretty early on. Just saying. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Tonight's episode of The Simpsons ("The Book Job") was AMAZING! It was a spoof of a heist film involving YA fantasy literature, with a guest appearance by NEIL GAIMAN (a.k.a. "British Fonzie")! :w00t: Have I ever laughed this much during an episode of The Simpsons before? Probably not.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Bakajo Nono » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Svengoolie was at my school a couple weeks ago. Awesome awesome guy xD

I've been watching a lot of TV since I've been on break. Watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender which was amaaaazing. Rewatched Parks & Rec because I love it <3

I tried watching Game of Thrones, but it causes me so much anxiety xD I'm like "AH SEX, TOO MANY BOOBS, MUST MUTE WHAT IF MOTHER COMES IN OH GOD I WILL DISGRACE THE FAMILY BUT SO MANY GOOD ACTORS AND MEDIEVALNESS"
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby PureLight » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 pm

i am in terrible need of more Mad Men but i must wait. terribly excited for the new fall season, if just to see what the new showrunner on Smash has done with the show and to watch the last season of 30 Rock. it will be sad to see it go, but i hope that my quirky NBC comedies will still be good after it leaves. Up All Night <3
PureLight
Senior Initiate

Postby questorminator » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:45 am

I finished watching a korean drama named "Moon Embracing the Sun" or something like that. Before that, I watched the second season of The Borgias. Nothing like historical fiction to complete my weekend.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Moh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm

It's only two episodes in, but I am thoroughly enjoying Elementary. Plus, it's fun to see all the BBC Sherlock fans get so upset about it. :lol:
I recently started watching Scandal, also. I love it, I feel like it's too good for ABC. :fear: But I love Kerry Washington's character.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby PureLight » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Speaking of too good for ABC, I am losing my stuff for Nashville. Connie Briton is amaaaaazing and I love Hayden Panniterre or however you spell her last name. also country musiicccccc.

LAST SEASON OF 30 ROCK WILL RUIN ME. Tina Fey being off TV is a reality I don't like and just 12-something more episodes isn't enough for me. Up All Night has me sad too, the loss of the Ava show is a big hit to the show and....it's kinda super boring now. NBC is this dream crusher that I continue to go back to because apparently I am a masochist concerning television shows.

Revolution though, I like it because of the guy who kidnapped the main girl's brother. He is electric to watch and seems to be the only actor having fun with the character.
PureLight
Senior Initiate

Postby Moh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 am

I might try the pilot out on the internet, but right now, the only thing that interests me about Nashville is that it was actually filmed there. :lol: Means more $$$ for the city, I guess.
Moh
Prophet

Postby Moh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I just started Grimm, I predict this will be the only NBC show I may ever like. :lol: I never want to watch the bee episode again, though. Nope.
Moh
Prophet

Postby Bakajo Nono » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm

I have watched more TV than a human should since my break started. I watched season 5 and 6 of Doctor Who (soooooo gooooood, and my blu-ray for the first half of Season 7 just came so... we'll save that for another time). I also watched the first two seasons of Community because I just bought the DVDs. Such a well-written show, my goodness. <3 the commentaries are good too sometimes. Joel McHale seems like such a nice guy.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Previous

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film