What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Postby questorminator » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:43 am

NBA 2K13 wasn't just good, it was great. It has it's own flaws but still the best basketball sim to date. I'm an offline guy and I'm not really into the All-Star extravaganza so I might give away my DLC code.

I finally downloaded all the making of specials for Assassins Creed 3. Pretty good game. I only wished Japanese samurai and ninja games were this good and this deep, and able to take a fictional story and make it as real as possible.

A friend wanted to sell me his copy of RE6. I didn't buy it but I rented it to see if it's great. While I liked the return of the zombies, I still didn't like the gameplay itself. Will buy it if it becomes a Greatest Hits game.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Rm88 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:27 am

Have been playing Code of Princess for days. I love it so much! It's a beat 'em up in the style of games like Final Fight or Double Dragon, but with a deeper combat system, around 50 characters (granted, most of them can only be used in multiplayer) and RPG elements. It's pretty much Samurai Warriors in 2D, less RTS, more RPG. Art style and music are great too.
Rm88

Postby questorminator » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 am

^
Aaaah.... Double Dragon. I missed the times when games are this simple. Control your guy and beat the crap out of thugs all the way to the last level. No thinking, no over-analyzing, no fan-tards insisting that the story is real (Assassin's Creed) or 'awesome' (Call of Duty).

On the same line, I miss the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Golden Axe arcade games. No pretensions, no illusions, just plain old gaming.
questorminator
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Lots of games coming through my place, but I haven't been finding the time to sit and play. Started up White 2 and then left it in sleep mode for a while..apparently sleep mode doesn't work that great with DS games on the 3DS.. played a bit, today, and when I saved my game clock was already over 300 hours.. :miki:

Picked up the new Prof Layton, played one puzzle and then put my 3DS into sleep mode. And then bought Costume Quest and The Unfinished Swan..played the first chapter of TUS. The new Zero Escape game is coming in the mail, too.. darn.

Speaking of Zero Escape, I'd totally recommend 999 to anyone. Played it when it first came out, and it was an awesome experience. Great ride of a story.

[b]EDIT:[b] 3 weeks left to Wii U? Damnit! :miki: :miki: :miki:
Chatin
Minion

Postby PureLight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Just got GTA 3 for my galaxy tab, missed it oh so much.
PureLight
Senior Initiate

Postby boinsie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 am

Chatin wrote:..apparently sleep mode doesn't work that great with DS games on the 3DS.. played a bit, today, and when I saved my game clock was already over 300 hours.. :miki:
Yeah, I noticed the same phenomena. I only had ~15-20hrs added to my play clock, though, and I've taken to actually exiting the game when I'm not playing now. Really weird/mildly irritating, though.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Bakajo Nono » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 am

I am playing FFVI! And Theaterythm @_@

I recently finished The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. I think it has a very targeted appeal, but I really enjoyed it, personally.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Mixi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am

About sleep mode, I'm experiencing the contrary when playing DS games on my 3DS. When I wake up games from sleep mode, I lose the following hours in my activity log. :| It's like sleep mode interrupts the timer. It only starts counting again after I quit and restart the game.

Last finished+rating:
The World Ends With You 8/10
Wario Land 3 8/10
Paper Mario: Sticker Star 7/10
Zero Escape: 999 8/10

Now playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Chatin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:50 am

Non-3DS.. played and finished Tomb Raider for the PS3 in March. Great game. Really enjoyed the upgrades that would allow old areas to become new again. Would be on board for a sequel.
Chatin
Minion

Postby questorminator » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

I've had it with HAWX 2! I can't understand why they'll turn the last level of the game into like Star Wars where you had to pilot your F-22 Raptor into a shaft to shoot the final target....USING YOUR VULCANS! Geez, the game was great throughout, making you feel like an ace-pilot. But then the final level has you going all Return of the Jedi. I love Star Wars, but F-22 Raptors aren't really made to go into tiny little shafts to blow up command bunkers Death Star style.

Chatin wrote:Non-3DS.. played and finished Tomb Raider for the PS3 in March. Great game. Really enjoyed the upgrades that would allow old areas to become new again. Would be on board for a sequel.

I've heard good things about that reboot. They said it's like a sand-box game now. How different is it from the previous titles? Payday is coming and I'm thinking of buying a new game.
questorminator
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk