What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Postby Chatin » Thu May 26, 2011 12:53 pm

So last Saturday I picked up Karaoke Rev American Idol Encore 2 (360) and Ys Seven (PSP) on sale. Flash forward to Tuesday when my copy of The World Ends Wtih You (DS) shows up in the mail. And a day later, I pick up Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS) from EB Games, and come home to a package with Mass Effect 2 (360), Blue Dragon (360) and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (DS) sitting by my door. As if I'm ever going to finish half of those... :lol:

Dead Or Alive is seeming pretty sweet, though. And I hope to play enough of TWEWY to know whether or not it is actually worth a fraction of the acclaim it gets online. I'm very much biased toward more standard RPG fare compared to the "creative" battle systems and gameplay mechanics.
Chatin
Minion

Re: What Have You Bought / Been Playing / Finished?

Postby Rm88 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:26 am

Since I haven't bought any new games recently, I'm currently 100%-in Super Princess Peach (so I have something to do with my 3DS), playing some Tekken 6 online and playing tons of Brawl with my friends because there'll be a really important tournament in less than two weeks. It's a low tier tournament! That's awesome because I main mostly low tier characters, so it'll be like a regular tournament for me XD
Rm88

Postby ElFa » Sun May 29, 2011 2:14 pm

I picked up Borderlands and L.A. Noire last week, and haven't stopped playing Borderlands since. Still spending a little time with Rock Band 3, and the occasional arcade game like Ilomilo or Torchlight.
ElFa
Initiate

Postby Chatin » Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 am

Still working on TWEWY. I'm not overly fond of Jupiter's taste in battle systems, but I'm half playing it enough to work through the game. So far, the vibe just isn't working for me. Too much useless jibber-jabber, and the main character is way too emo. I'm gonna keep cracking away, though.

Switching that off with some Ys 7 (pretty ho-hum), and DoA:D's daily fix (Love it). Maybe get around to investing so more of my precious time into seeing whether Lost Odyssey gets any better.

ElFa: How are you enjoying Noire? I've been hearing loads of good things on the podcasts, but not sure whether I'd want to dish out 60 bucks just to add another game to the backlog.
Chatin
Minion

Postby ElFa » Tue May 31, 2011 2:09 pm

I haven't been able to put Borderlands down, so I have yet to start L.A. Noire. A number of people I work with love Noire, and are playing it obsessively. It is definitely next on my "to play" list. After that, I was thinking I might finally jump into Alan Wake or Mass Effect.
ElFa
Initiate

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 pm

I have Mass Effect 2 waiting for a try at some point in my backlog. Decided just to skip right over the first, because it honestly just isn't going to happen.

The Microsoft conference was a bit of a snooze, for me. Sony wasn't much better. Lots of guns. And, as we've made clear, I'm not that great with shooting in games. Disappointed that a trailer for The Last Guardian was missing. Hyped for FFXIII-2, if not disappointed that it slipped into next year. PSVita pricetag is INSANE. Poor Nintendo. There is nothing in the current software lineup for the PSVita that interests me, but that price tag is too hard to resist.

Excited for tomorrow's reveals in the Nintendo conference. Hoping for a Skyward Sword story trailer, and a lot of 3DS software trailers.

Still chipping away at The World Ends With You. My Phat DS' battery is on it's last legs, and the light goes red after an hour of playing. My couch-handy outlets are used for my sleep mode 3DS and PSP, though... :fear: :fear:
Chatin
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Yup, the Vita will be a huge threat for Nintendo at that price. Just watch the 3DS drop its price near the Vita launch. This is so not going to be like the DS/PSP situation.

Hoping for Café info tomorrow.
Rm88

Postby Chatin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

So, having finished The World Ends With You, I finally cracked open Bowser's Inside Story for the first time in a year and a half, and hoping to get through that before picking up Ocarina of Time, in two days time.

But then I went and bought Child of Eden, this evening. :lol: I love me some Mizuguchi, and this is fun, but I insist on playing with Kinect only, and shooting all those lasers at whales exhausts me. Plus, Kinect refuses to acknowledge my existence when I sit on the couch, even if I calibrate the system, so I have to play the game standing up. :(

Every time I look at the 3DS eShop, I'm reminded that, IMO, Link's Awakening had a better shade of gold than any other Zelda. The Zelda "gold" covers we get now are more of a golden yellow, or something. Nasty.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 am

You have to buy Donkey Kong '94 from the eShop if you haven't played it. I honestly didn't remember it being this awesome, I'm loving it Image
Rm88

Postby Rm88 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 pm

So I found Demon's Souls and Donkey Kong Country Returns for ultra cheap, and I bought them, I hadn't played them until now. Holy crap both are so freaking fantastic Image I don't know if it has happened to you that you get two or more games at the same time and end up playing mostly one of them, but I'm genuinely loving these two and I don't know which one I'll play more.

I was intending to play Demon's Souls first, but then my PS3 started *gasp* updating so I started with DKCR instead.
Rm88

Next

Return to TALK: General Talk