Samantha Who?: Christina Applegate For Those Wondering...

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Samantha Who?: Christina Applegate For Those Wondering...

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Fans of classic Fox series Married with Children? How about the Pussycat Dolls (Without this original doll, Robin Antin wouldn't have gotten hooked up with Johnny Depp for her start at producer-dom)? Fan or not, Christina Applegate's star is shining brighter than ever in her sitcom, Samantha Who?

TV.com wrote:Samantha "Sam" Newly is a corporate executive and hit-and-run victim who awakens after being in a coma for eight days, only to find she has amnesia. With no memories of the past, she must rediscover everything about her life and herself by looking for clues from her past. Sam discovers that she wasn't a very nice person to most people and she is determined to change that. She also discovers that she cheated on her boyfriend Todd (played by Barry Watson) with a married man. Sam even learns that her "accident" was no accident at all, but a failed attempt at someone trying to kill her, but who?

Slowly but surely little parts of her start to emerge to the delight of some and to the shock of others. Will she change or will she act like she did before her amnesia? The people that Sam has to rely on aren't all what they appear to be. Sam leans on her parents after she awakens, but has no idea that she hasn't spoken to them in over two years. Sam thinks that Dena is her best friend, but Andrea, her real best friend, lets in be known that Sam and Dena haven't even spoken to each other since the seventh grade. Andrea on the other hand is hiding a lot of Sam's wild past from her, which could be disastrous. And then there is Frank, the door man at Todd's apartment. Up until the accident, Sam had never spoken a word to him, but one days ends up saying hi to him and is shocked to learn how observant he is.

Feel the need to catch up? You can watch the hilarious first season on dvd.
ImageImage

Feel free to jump right in at any time, though. The second season has the show hotter than ever thanks to Christina Applegate's entertaining portrayal of Samantha, as well as the hilarious and energetic supporting cast!
Last edited by Chatin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chatin
Minion

Re: Samantha Who?: Christina Applegate For Those Wondering...

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:55 pm

2x03 - The Pill

TV.com wrote:Desperate to regain her memory, Sam opts to join a clinical trial and starts taking pills for her memory. Sam's memories start coming back, but she doesn't like what she learns about her former self. Elsewhere, someone confuses Dena and Andrea as being a gay couple, which frustrates Andrea and sends her on the hunt to find someone hotter than Dena.

If there was any worry about whether the show was moving forward in quality storytelling or not, this episode should hush the naysayers. Left me enthralled until the last second, and wishing I didn't have to wait a week to watch another episode.

Spoiler: show
Normally I would be a bit upset that Dena and Andrea's storyline is so short in comparison to Sam's this episode, but Sam's stuff was just too juicy not to love. I really wanted her to make it to Todd before she forgot the memory, despite Todd being a total dick every other episode. Hell, every episode.

And of course, Todd has to go delete the message. Ahhh! What were you thinking?!?

It's really heartwrenching to think that Samantha has lost that memory for good, and I thought Christina played it very well. The show did a great job of balancing the dramatic and the comedic in this episode. Speaking of comedic, I love New Sam, but Old Sam is just so bitchy and evil I have to love her!

I totally thought the lesbian was going to pick up Dena. :x
Chatin
Minion

Postby SakuraMusume » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 am

W00t. I really like this show. I haven't seen the new episode yet (Tivo-ed), but so far this season as been good. I wish it had more Tuvok, though. :fear:
Last.FM Recent Tracks:
Image Image
SakuraMusume
Senior Initiate

Postby Chatin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 pm

2x04 - The Building

TV.com wrote:Sam and Andrea open up a real estate business. Sam wants to do things fairly, but her first client could change her mind. In an attempt to gain a basketball player's phone number, Andrea flirts with Todd's friend, Seth.

A nice, funny episode to follow up last week's dramatic one.

I don't know how I feel about Owen. Too many good points, and no visible bad ones yet. That reeks of danger in the dramedy world, if I've learned anything from Gilmore Girls. That said, I also don't want Sam with Todd. Maybe she can hook up with me instead. :call:

And Andrea and Seth hooking up? I know they like to take the pretty girl and put her with the dorky guy, but it's just too far of a stretch for me to start shipping that.

"You went to Africa? That's so funny! I went to Africa! I mean, uh, well, uh, Miami beach, but... yeah. Why did you go to Africa?" Nice touch.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Chatin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:39 pm

2x05 - Help!

TV.com wrote:After being given community service for her altercation with a cop, Sam tries to help out Natalie, a wayward young woman, despite pleas from her friends not to. Howard tries to give Todd advice on how to win Sam back, even though he told Howard he wasn't interested anymore.

A nice funny episode with one of those darn Olsen Twins guest starring!

Too much Todd in this episode for me. Shocked to not see Owen, though. Thought they were going to try to push that relationship more. Oh well.

I love how freaked out Deana gets in the car, to the point of locking Sam and Natalie out. Great stuff. Even better stuff from Andrea in her scene opposite Sam in the prison. There's definitely more to look at between those two. BTW, what happened to Seth staying at Sam's? Oh well.

And I can totally see where Sam's coming from with the whole "Let me just be upset about how much this sucks before you start trying to shove solutions down my throat!" thing.

And for those of you who refuse to watch the show, here's a clip to wet your chops.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RY232Xsafo[/youtube]
Chatin
Minion

Postby Chatin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 pm

2x06 - The Ex

TV.com wrote:Sam breaks the news to Owen, that Todd is not only her roommate, but also her ex-boyfriend. Owen is understanding because his ex-girlfriend, Willow, lives with him as well. Ironically, Todd and Willow know each other from high school.

Lots of nice funny moments in this one.

Still too much Todd for me. Nice to see Owen and Seth back, though. I loved the dinner table chatter between Sam, Owen, Todd, and Willow. Sam cracks me up.

The highlight of the episode for me was watching Deana and Andrea trying to take some good photos of Andrea. The wild looks that Deana would make when she saw Andrea's bad shots were awesome! Loved to see that Andrea has a flaw, being unphotogenic. I can totally comply. I'm so much better in motion.

And here's a great interview clip from last week of Jennifer Esposito! Love her!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJK2oGJ9XE[/youtube]
Chatin
Minion

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film