Heroes: A Whole Lot Of Them...

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Heroes: A Whole Lot Of Them...

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:19 pm

As any forum, a thread to discuss the pop culture hit television series, Heroes, is sorely needed.

TV.com wrote:Heroes is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives. The relatable superheroes include Peter Petrelli, a 30-year-old male nurse who believes can fly, Diego Medina, a 28-year-old junkie who has the ability to paint images of the future when he is high, Niki Sanders, a 33-year-old Las Vegas showgirl who can do incredible things with mirrors, Hiro Makamura, a 24-year-old Japanese comic-book geek who literally makes time stand still, D.L. Hawkins, a 31-year-old inmate who can transport himself through walls, and Claire Bennet, 17-year-old cheerleader who defies death at every turn.

Followers of the series aren't merely fans but full out fanatics, so mark spoilers carefully in here, folks!
[spoileri][/spoiler]
Last edited by Chatin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chatin
Minion

Re: Heroes: A Whole Lot Of Them...

Postby teth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:24 pm

I lost interest after 2nd ep this season...don't know why...
teth
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:29 pm

3x07 Eris Quod Sum

Not the worst episode of the season. My impressions follow:
Spoiler: show
Maya's powers are all gone. Aw, too bad and so sad. Except no one will be sad to see her butt out the door, and I'm sure none were feeling bad for Mohinder. Yeah, you claim you had feelings for her, but all I saw of those were you ripping her clothes off in a show of how horny those powers can make you. Plus, Sylar was totally going to tap that first.

A lack of Hiro and Ando? Thank god.

I'm still not sure exactly what Nathan's doing on the show anymore, but it's always nice to see Tracy. Hoping for the inevitable showdown between her and Merideth. Fire and ice, baby! Fire and ice!

They writers tried so hard to make Claire out to be the man, or girl, on top in this episode. And through every smug look, and arrogant comment, I was pitting for Elle. Come on, Elle, baby! She may not feel the pain, but boy will it feel good to see her sizzle!

My love for Daphne is being drowned by the pain that is Matt Parkman. It was so amazing to see Knox punch right through him. Would have been even better if it were real. Honestly, I would mourn his father's death more than his.

Peter's just done. Stick a fork in him. Peter of Season 3 is Buffy of Season 7. The same boring dialogue every episode. Hopefully someone calls Peter out on it, like people called Buffy out on her speeches. Or maybe Sylar will just kick his brother's ass. And Arthur? It's everything I hated about the Petrelli family rolled up into one.

The next episode (two weeks away) looks to be full of Sylar, Elle, and HRG, so it should be a treat! Finally.

@Teth:
I don't blame you for losing interest, but if you love Elle, Sylar, or HRG, keep watching for them. They deserve it, don't they?
Chatin
Minion

Postby teth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 pm

But Hiro's annoying-ness this season pushed me over the edge. :(
teth
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:10 pm

He was barely in this episode. It was a blessing! :laugh:
Chatin
Minion

Postby teth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Good. lol

Funny cause the guy that plays him was just in Japan and went on all these shows. (Had a taped thing for HEYx3) Surprisingly, he knows a lot about Jpop culture (not just music, but like shows and talents).
teth
Acolyte

Postby SakuraMusume » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:00 am

Yeah, last season severely downgraded my like for this show. The first season was good, but they almost lost me last season. I hated the
whole Maya subplot and Hiro in old Japan
was pointless and stupid. This season is at least a little more interesting. I still hate Maya, though. Actually, I think the only person I like anymore is Sylar...
Last.FM Recent Tracks:
Image Image
SakuraMusume
Senior Initiate

Postby RpgN » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 am

SakuraMusume wrote:Yeah, last season severely downgraded my like for this show. The first season was good, but they almost lost me last season. I hated the
whole Maya subplot and Hiro in old Japan
was pointless and stupid. This season is at least a little more interesting. I still hate Maya, though. Actually, I think the only person I like anymore is Sylar...

I actually liked those things in seasons 2! And I love Hiro <3 Too bad there will be less scenes about him in season 3 (I still haven't watched it). But hey, he got more than enough attention in season 2.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Chatin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 am

So, after the news of some Heroes staffers being fired, there is rumor that the exec's are looking to potentially try and bring Bryan Fuller back to the show. As a huge fan of Brian Fuller, I fully believe he could possibly save the show. He was also behind Company Man, the awesome episode from Season One Feb sweeps.

Unfortunately, for Bryan Fuller to come back, Pushing Daisies would have to be cancelled. I love Daisies, and want the brilliant show to last, but if it has to end early (much like Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls), then a move for Bryan back to Heroes would certainly be something I would be behind.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Chatin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

3x08 Villains

Wow. Spoilers ahead, yo.
Let me start by making it clear that I never feel ready to support the adding of hokey backstory where it didn't originally exist. That said I loved tying Meredith into Claire's burning train from Season One, and HRG leaving Elle to pursue Mohinder. Great touches.

So, were they trying to get back the love for Season One? Well, they've been trying to do that in little ways every episode since the season began, but I feel they went a step in the right direction by taking so many characters out of the picture for the episode. Worst bits were the Hiro/Ando/Seer stuff. Of course, he's dead now, so that's always fun.

Meredith and Flint as siblings was a possibility that never hit me. Nice to see a return from a company man from Season One.

The Petrelli's family drama is getting more and more painful, but it was nice to see some interactions between Arthur, Angela, and Linderman. Arthur was an ass, so I support Angela for this match.

Now, Elle and HRG as previous partners? I find that a bit hard to swallow, but I loved it. And Elle x Sylar is the ultimate shipping, for sure. I can't remember if Sylar recognized her earlier in the season, though. I love me some Kristin Bell. :l: And while I love humanizing her and making her the hero that Claire will never be, I didn't feel the past was the right place to do it. She should still be the crazy girl we saw with Peter in Season Two. Throws her character development out of whack.

And nice touch on the title card reading Villains. I was thinking "What's up with the new world design?" Then the title popped up and I silently applauded their effort.

Don't really care to see what happens between Arthur and Hiro in the next episode, but I can imagine them visiting Sylar x Elle again, so I'll look forward to that.

Oh, November Sweeps. You lovely, lovely days.
Chatin
Minion

Next

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film