:: Nintendo 3DS Topic (buy Code of Princess!)

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: :: Nintendo 3DS Topic

Postby Rm88 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm already done with Chronicle XD

Yup, free DLC costumes is awesome. As opposed to what Capcom does by SELLING costumes that are already IN THE DISC. Though I doubt Eliot (currently my favorite character) will get any XD

Leifang and Jann Lee are fun too, but I really like Eliot for now.
Rm88

Postby Rm88 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 am

Okay I officially can't wait for the eShop. We're getting Excitebike 3D for free! And it's not a NES rom with 3D effects, the courses are fully rendered in polygonal 3D. You can also save 32 custom courses. The only flaw is that it doesn't have online play like the Wii version. Oh well, it's free.

Other than that we're not getting too many awesome games:

GB Virtual Console:
- Super Mario Land
- Radar Mission
- Alleyway

3D Classics:
- Xevious
- Excitebike

Japan is getting 2 completely original games and Megaman and Kirby for VC. Oh well.
Rm88

Postby Chatin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am

Plus there is the free 3D Pokedex that makes use of Streetpass and Spotpass! I got addicted to the built-in streetpass games, back in April. Doing that with pokemon would be a blast. :lol:

And they say they will update on Thursdays, so it is entirely possible we will get something to close off E3. :heart: :heart:
Chatin
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 pm

You know what I fear? resolution issues with GB/GBC games :/

A GB/GBC screen can't fit even twice on a 3DS screen. So either you play at native resolution (which would be even tinier than the DS screen on the 3DS) or weirdly stretched. It may not be a big issue for some people, but I enjoy my pixel-perfect games :crying:

This is how GB/GBC games would look without being stretched on the 3DS scren. Unacceptably small.

I'm sure Nintendo will do a better job at this, but while stretched it will look kind of blurry/fuzzy like this.
Rm88

Postby Chatin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Did you never own a Micro? As "unacceptably" tiny as the screen was, it was beautiful. :lol: Otherwise, I'm not overly concerned. My Wii VC purchases were limited to on SNES game and two N64 games, and I can't see myself buying much in the way of GB games, unless the Saga titles or the original Tetris end up there.

I am kind of disappointed in Nintendo for what seems like a missed opportunity to add the messaging functionality to the friends list. It was available on the Wii from day one, and is something I would actually have a use for with a portable system. They better get on top of that.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Chatin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:19 pm

The complete and utter lack of new software being announced for the 3DS at E3 was shocking and disappointing. Luigi's Mansion 2 was pretty much it. And it looks amazing, and it's being made in Vancouver by Next Level (Punch Out Wii), but it ain't hitting until 2012. :(

That said, I am SO pumped for Zelda. More than ever before. The 3D game trailers on the eShop blew my mind. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks terrific. Super Mario 3D looks alright. Star Fox and Animal Crossing look as expected. Paper Mario is so beautiful I want to cry. Mario Kart sold me a bit more than the 2D trailer. Zelda.... wow.. Ocarina of Time 3D trailer was AMAZING. BLEW MY MIND. WHAT WORLD IS THIS?? Game looked a million times more amazing than I ever thought it would look.

Also, pausing in the 3D movies to soak in the visuals = Yes, please! :heart: :lol:

Was gonna pick up a 3DS points card at the store to have some permanent Link's Awakening and Dr. Mario on my handheld, but Futureshop is still only carrying the Nintendo points card.

Finally, Tekken 3D. What is with the 3DS and all these fighting games?? I want more RPGs than Devil Summoner Shameless Port Reclocked and Tales of the Poor Framerate Abyss.

Special nod goes out to all those MIA titles I would have died for: Picross, Metroid Dread, F-Zero, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Prof Layton 3DS for not fall 2012, Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney at all, Wario Ware 3D, Advance Wars, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy something, Castlevania, Chibi Robo, Kirby............
Chatin
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:48 am

I love that 3DS is getting fighters! That's the only thing the original DS lacked. And I'm actually pleased with the games announced, I'm getting StarFox, Super Mario and especially Mario Kart for sure, may also get Zelda and Kid Icarus. And yes, Paper Mario is perfect for this! I really love the 3D trailers, I'll never delete them :lol:

Also, Picture Lives. I'm so buying that game as soon as it's released, looks really fun in a WTF way.

And agree about all those missing games, but we're getting two Kirby games soon, a third one would be too much Kirby. Not for me, I don't think there could be 'too much Kirby' for me XD
Rm88

Postby Bakajo Nono » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm getting the red 3ds! Already reserved it. I really hope they release the Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton crossover here. I first only wanted it for that, but they announced Kingdom Hearts 3DS, so...

I also want Dead or Alive Dimensions because of Darren Criss xD

I'm just excited to get it. I like my DSi enough, but I never really used it to its full potential, so I don't mind trading it in. Plus my R button stopped working -_-;
Last edited by Bakajo Nono on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bakajo Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby boinsie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 am

I forgot this thread existed! rm88, what's your friend code? I'm 2921-9303-6465~ ^^
boinsie
Guru

Postby Moh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 pm

I don't want a 3DS, but I'll totally take a DSi. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film