:: Nintendo 3DS Topic (buy Code of Princess!)

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: :: Nintendo 3DS Topic

Postby boinsie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 am

Went to a gaming convention today (PAX) and stood outside of the entrance for a half hour. Ended up with 30+ streetpasses. :heart:
boinsie
Guru

Re: :: Nintendo 3DS Topic

Postby aggisu » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 am

yay justice for boinsie * v *
swedenboy would have been at PAX with his job if he hadn't just returned from Japan! :B most of his workmates went there.

I'll get back to you on the prefecture thing since... if you pick Sweden as your country, you don't even get the world map.
I'd have to change the setting to some other country to be able to see it. I didn't even KNOW that there actually was a map globe until I got my japanese 3DS.
plus that there isn't even a map for sweden. you just get a "missing map" kind of thing.

And why would I set my country of origin as Sweden in the first place, being an Icelander and all...
oh right, because you can't even USE mii plaza AT ALL if you set your country to Iceland. seriously.

seriously.

wtf.
seriously.

FIX IT NINTENDO
aggisu
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 佐藤優樹

Re: :: Nintendo 3DS Topic (buy Code of Princess!)

Postby Mixi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 am

Streetpass is my life. I wish I lived in Japan so I could beat Find Mii Secret Quest with SP encounters alone. I'm inspired to make my Mii H!P-related now.

I live in the Greater Montréal Area and bring my 3DS to uni every day. My Streetpass encounters are hit or miss and I do the exact same trip every day: there are days when I get five of them, whereas on others I get none. There are a few Miis I've met 5-6 times already. Last Thursday I got four encounters, including a Japanese 3DS. My SP encounters are usually in French or English so it was a bit of a shock, and it looks like it wasn't even a REAL Japanese person but just some kid who imported an NTSC-J 3DS. XD My 3DS is set to French, for the record, but I'm planning to change it to English once Pokémon X/Y is out because I can only play the game decently in English and Japanese. I've been Streetpassing since June 2012 and I have 130+ encounters as we speak. My highest number of encounters in a day was 10, when I brought my 3DS to the Montréal Comiccon last September.

In other news: I got Paper Mario: Sticker Star for Christmas and I was disappointed. I didn't really like the fighting system and it felt more like an adventure game than an RPG. It wasn't a bad game per se, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I also received a copy of Super Mario RPG (the Super Nintendo game, on a cartridge, yes) on the same day and the latter is clearly the best game. I don't like how PM games are evolving. :/ The most exciting level was the mansion. It was really fun and memorable. I made me look forward to Luigi's Mansion 2 so much!

Speaking of which, I pre-ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon last week. As for other future releases, I can't wait for Animal Crossing, the DQ VII remake and Pokémon X/Y, of course.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:23 am

Speaking of Fire Emblem: Awakening, it's been confirmed America will get the special Fire Emblem blue 3DS, bundled with the game.

Will buy, the cobalt blue 3DS is absurdly great looking. Plus Fire Emblem.
Rm88

Postby sb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

Damn I might have to get that.

Fire Emblem is solid. Just some of those games are really damn hard. Plus I can pick up Monster Hunter and Pokemon XY when those come out.
sb
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Well, that amazing looking Fire Emblem 3DS isn't making it to Mexico.

Rm88

Postby sb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:16 am

^that sucks! You can still import it right?

Yea they've been giving commercials for it on TV. It looks so pimp. It's gotten good reviews too.
sb
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 am

We're getting the game, just not the special edition 3DS. And yes, I might import it, but for some reason Play-Asia isn't selling it and GameStop doesn't allow you to buy hardware if you're not in the US. It's also nowhere to be seen on Amazon. Those are pretty much my only options living in Mexico, since other sites aren't guaranteed to use services like FedEx/UPS/DHL and regular air mail means it's simply never going to make it to my hands :lol:
Rm88

Postby boinsie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am

boinsie
Guru

Postby sb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:20 am

I ended up buying the 3ds and fire emblem separate. I really didn't feel like hunting the bundle down and plus I got a deal on the 3ds I did buy anyway. (It's the red one that comes with Mario)

As for fire emblem, I'm around 70 hours in and I think I'm around halfway through the story. Tons of extra stuff to do.
sb
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film