Last movie you watched

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby erilaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 pm

^ Wow, it really seems to polarize the audience. Nearly all the Netflix user reviews are either five stars or one. XD

My most recent movie: Soul Kitchen (2009), a comedy by Turkish-German director Fatih Akın. Greek-German Zinos Kazantsakis owns a diner in Hamburg with loyal customers who like his crappy food. Zinos has to deal with his girlfriend moving to Shanghai, and things get shaken up at the diner after he reconnects with a classmate from elementary school, hires a temperamental chef who was fired from a fancy restaurant, and finds his brother out of jail on limited parole, looking for a job (or at least a signed statement certifying that he has a job). I enjoyed it.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:09 am

I saw that. Yeah, it was surprisingly not unenjoyable, and Smith has a good cartoon voice.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby erilaz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 pm

The Mouse That Roared (1959), based on the satirical novel by Leonard Wibberley and starring Peter Sellers, Peter Sellers, and Peter Sellers. The tiny, bankrupt Duchy of Grand Fenwick declares war on the U.S.A., sending an invasion force of 22 men to New York City, so that they can quickly lose the war and reap the benefits of postwar American aid. But you know what happens to the best laid plans o' mice and men....

I'd forgotten that William Hartnell and Leo McKern were in this movie, before they became the First Doctor and Number 2 respectively.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Postby esm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am

Since it's been discussed here... I watched Neo Yokio. I don't really know how I feel about it. I watched it all just because it's only 6 episodes long. The last episode was pretty good, but I didn't really like the first five.
esm
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby erilaz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:31 am

The Foreigner (2017) — After his daughter (Katie "Cho Chang" Leung) is killed in a terrorist bombing, the owner of a Chinese restaurant in London seeks vengeance. And since he's played by Jackie Chan, you know his very particular set of skills will go far beyond making Kung Pao Chicken....
erilaz

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Blade Runner 2049 - the dark and deep sequel to the 1982 film. I liked it. There quite a bit Japanese signage and language used in the movie. Its like Japan took over dark Los Angeles in 2049.
Amped
Priest

Previous

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film