Last movie you watched

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby stam4o » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Just watched Zombies Party (2004). Very fun. As the name indicates it, it's about zombies... in it's own way. The amount of references that appear on the film surprised me, plus there are also a lot of quite unique gags and parallelisms. Very good use of camera here. Very enjoyable overall :)
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Moh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:38 pm

I went and saw Big Hero 6 in December. :lol: It was fun. Kinda want my own Baymax.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby rikkikow » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:37 am

The Butcher, the Chef and the Swordsman (2010)

Another dud. The story telling is so bad you never knew what was
going on. It is suppose to be an action/comedy and I didn’t even
laugh once. Ha ha

It was so bad it took me four attempts to get through it finally.

Conclusion: it sucks.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby erilaz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Speaking of sucking (but in a different way)…

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) — A hilarious mockumentary from the fine folks who brought us Flight of the Conchords. A documentary crew follows a group of guys named Viago, Vladislav, Deacon, and Petyr, who share a flat in the suburbs of Wellington, New Zealand, as they cope with everyday existence in the 21st century. Oh yeah, almost forgot, these guys are vampires.

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:31 am

I just saw Kingsman. I really liked it =) It was funny lol I also liked the action.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Zunu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm

^ Came here to say the same!

Hey guys, jeiwa saw Kingsman.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby DSQueenie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:08 pm

I saw Kingsman as well! I loved the use of the Give It Up by KC & The Sunshine Band.

I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:39 am

OMG YES, THAT ^ PART OF THE MOVIE WAS THE BOMB (pun intended hehehe)
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby erilaz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:08 pm

On the plane to Japan:

Real (リアル〜完全なる首長竜の日〜) (2013) — A young man undergoes a procedure that allows him to enter the mind of his comatose lover (Ayase Haruka :heart: ), to find out why she attempted suicide. It's one of those movies where it's hard to tell what's "real" and what isn't.

Tada's Do-It-All House: Disconcerto (まほろ駅前狂騒曲) (2014) — A handyman and his good-for-nothing assistant have their routine disrupted when the assistant's ex-wife gets the pair to look after her daughter while she goes abroad for work.

Big Hero 6 (ベイマックス) (2014) — I thought it would be fitting to watch the Japanese dub while en route from San Francisco to Tokyo. XD

On the plane back from Japan:

Parasyte (寄生獣) (2014) — A high school student's right hand is taken over by an alien parasite. Meanwhile, other alien parasites have taken over people's brains, turning them into cannibalistic monsters. The hand parasite (who adopts the name Migi 右) teaches his host how to fight the brain-infected hosts, who are a threat to Migi's survival. A very funny movie.

Twilight: Saya in Sasara (トワイライト ささらさや) (2014) — After the death of her husband, an unsuccessful rakugo storyteller, a young mother takes her baby boy to a small town in order to escape her father-in-law, who wants to take the baby away from her. In the meantime, the husband's ghost is nearby, occasionally possessing people to talk to his widow.

Pale Moon (紙の月) (2014) — A bank employee starts embezzling funds and ends up stealing a fortune. AKB48 graduate Ōshima Yūko is adorable as her outspoken kouhai.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby erilaz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Finally managed to get to the theater and see Chappie. Very entertaining sentient robot gangsta action from the director of District 9, with an interesting cast, including Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, Dev Patel, Ninja and ¥o-landi Vi$$er of Die Antwoord, and Sharlto Copley as the police android/A.I. experiment Chappie.

Tomorrow I'm going to a full day of short films at my local neighborhood film festival.
erilaz
Lazarus

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk