Momoiro Clover Z - Going to Japan Expo 2012, new show on NHK

Groups, Idols, AKB, Gossip, Pop culture

Moderator: Moh

Re: Momoiro Clover Z [03/07] "Mouretsu Uchuu Koukyoukyoku...

Postby boinsie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 am

~Also~ it appears that Momoclo are getting their own manga, "Momo Pro Z" serialized in Monthly Shonen Rival starting 02/03/2012.
It'll be a gag manga about pro wrestling.

(resop, just submit to Momoclo already, will you? :hehe: )
boinsie
Guru

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:20 am

New single outfits:
boinsie
Guru

Postby sb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:07 pm

So I finally decided to give these girls a listen and a view. Unique and interesting to say the least. :lol:

From what I've heard I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I really like D' no Junjou. I really like the song and the PV is excellent. It manages to be a typical music video with shots of the girls singing and lots of dancing, but adds the Momoclo twist and charm to it. (the girl is singing behind a scroll on the wall for goodness sake!) I just really like the way this particular PV was done.
sb
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 am

They usually get great PVs. To go along with their great songs :lol: I think they're by far the best non-H!P idol group. Just below Berryz and tied with S/mileage and Buono! in my ranking.
Rm88

Postby sb » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 pm

New PV is up.

New PV

Lots of obnoxious screaming, sounds like multiple different songs pieced together, alien abduction, E.T. reference, brains hooked up to a UFO, yea, rm88 should love it. :lol:

The chorus is catchy and Marty Freidman's guitars are cool, but some of the things they add into their songs are just boner kill to me. I fully understand that that is their deal and honestly, they wouldn't succeed without it. They're weak eye candy wise and even talent wise when compared to other idols but their producer and peeps in charge play to their strengths very well. It's like they tell em' here's your costume, go have a blast. And the girls go nuts, so of course people will like them, they clearly have fun. But I feel like shrooms are required to fully enjoy them. :lol:

BTW, I woulda just done the whole embed thing when I posted the link but hey, I'm an internet moron and couldn't get it to work! Hey, I wasn't born with a computer like most of y'all I didn't own a PC til I was in my 20's! BAH!
sb
Minion

Postby boinsie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:53 pm

To embed a Youtube link, just post the address up until the end of the unique video code. :thumbs-up:

For example, "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUlQMdl8vX8" w/o the quotes gets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUlQMdl8vX8

Also, TU can use a computer and he was born before the dinosaurs so you can stop yer belly achin', mister. :hehe:

Back on topic... I enjoy the song, though I kind-of wish that they didn't have as much talking since I don't understand the greater part of it. I still super enjoy Marty Friedman's involvement and the outfits and everything... I even like the PV and stuff, but I wish they'd have had more ideas fleshed out. We saw everything within the first minute and a half, and then they just kept reshowing those same ideas over and over again. "I get it, Shiori's in a brain contraption. Is this all going to end in something? No, just Reni floating? Okay, then... ^^;;"

Reni pulls such a Tsuji face at one point, though. XD
boinsie
Guru

Postby Rm88 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 am

I love it :lol: I agree that there are some filler parts, and the talking was not really needed, but it's still very good. Really, they get the best PVs. Currently tied with Hatsukoi Cider as my favorite idol songs from 2012.
Rm88

Postby boinsie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:19 am

I'm turrible at updating this thread. ^^; Suffice it to say, they've been on a lot of shows!
"Mouretsu..." sold >39k its first week!

And I just noticed this morning that they'll be cover girls along with KyaryPamuPamu in a new magazine called HARAJUKU.

Front cover: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu x Momoiro Clover Z. Features photos of them, introduction of Harajuku culture (roots of "Kawaii", History of Harajuku, Street Snap), and more.

HARAJUKU 【表紙&巻頭】 きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ×ももいろクローバーZ (ぴあMOOK)/ ぴあ
世界中から注目を集め、全国からおしゃれに精通した人々が集まる原宿。いつの時代も原宿は、人々のエネルギーに満ち溢れ新たなカルチャーを生み出し続けている。そんな、原宿の現在のキーワードである「HARAJUKU KAWAII」をコンセプトに、ファッション、カルチャーをピックアップ! 【表紙&巻頭】 きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ×ももいろクローバーZ イベント『HARAJUKU KAWAii!!!! 2012 spring』で共演! ・増田セバスチャンが語るRoots of KAWAII〜内藤ルネの世界〜/原宿年譜 ・読モの私服スタイル〜春のコーデはコレに決まり ・STREET SNAP 45 STYLE〜原宿、関西、福岡の「HARAJUKU KAWAII」ガールズ ・CandyStripper板橋よしえと夏帆の対談『CANDY PEOPLE』 ・BIGLOVE仲真史のコラム ・米原康正の『アジアンかわいい』コラム、カルチャー(音楽・映画・ART・デジタル) ・原宿交遊録〜SHOP STAFF RELAY ほか 【特別付録】 「きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ×ももいろクローバーZ」ポスター
boinsie
Guru

Postby Rm88 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:28 am

Glad they're doing great. Mouretsu is probably my favorite single now :lol:
Last edited by Rm88 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rm88

Postby boinsie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 am

Momoiro Clover will perform at Japan Expo 2012!
http://www.japan-expo.com/fr/invite/_199.htm

Excited for them, but why all the European appearances, Momoclo? Get yer butts to the States, stat.

AAAAALSO. New weekly show on NHK! http://aidoruparadise.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... ogram.html
It's on at midnight, but even so!

AND AND, there's some sort of a Momoclo Museum showcase thing scheduled, and its theme should interest rm88 muchly, methinks... XD
http://www.momoclorpg.com/

And another pic of them recently (promotion for the Harajuku fashion mag they were in with Kyary Pyamu Pyamu):
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to JPOP: The Rest